• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser 11.2 Update discussion/info

Hornet3d

Wise
I have just installed 11.2 and it was NOTHING like I expected.

1. It didn't ask me to uninstall Poser.
2. The default option is to backup my preferences, and I've changed it to "use existing preferences".
3. I have installed 11.2 on top of 11.1, which makes sense, since it's just an update - not a new version.
4. All of my existing scripts and customizations were preserved, to include my preferred launch state, which is very customized.
5. It didn't even ask me for my serial number. It already knows what it is, so it just called home and validated it on the Rendo servers.

It was as easy as pie. No need to uninstall anything. It was just like any other update I did from SMS. The only bummer was that it requires a reboot after installation, but that was all. I have launched it after reboot, and everything is just like it was before. My preferred launch state has no figure, and that was preserved (see #2 above), so LaFemme didn't show at launch. Poser 11.2 got me a note, though, claiming the official launch is tomorrow. I think the only difference will be on the bundled content.

My only question now is what to do with Poser Pro 2014 Game Dev, since this update only affects Poser 11.

Now this is weird, I had an almost identical result as you but I deleted Poser before I ran the install. The only difference is that my 3rd party scripts did not work. I was going to load them individually but then I discovered a folder still left in Programs/Smith Micro and in there was a runtime, however, the runtime only held the python folder. I copied the relevant files to the same location in the Poser Software folder runtime and they all work fine. So I'm back where I started, the only thing missing is the Hivewire content which I have anyway. The only thing I did get was the Windows 'allow access' warning but that was just a click to sort.

Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Hornet3d So it seems like there was no need for you to delete Poser 11.1. You could had just installed 11.2 on top of it. After all, it's just an update that changes a few files. The only thing that was lost were the script buttons, but I had that backed up, and just replaced the python file afterwards. Unless it's a whole new version, you can always install on top of the existing one.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Now I'm wondering if those who said they had to do it were the Early Adopters and Beta testers, and that may very well be because they need to test a "clean" install each time.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That was my experience too Ken. Except, I don't recall being asked to reboot.

I was also asked for my license number, but I believe that was to be able to download the licensed content.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I saw that link, and when I clicked it, it asked me for my license key. Once I entered it, I was automatically taken to the page with the content downloads. I didn't download those yet. I'll do that some time tomorrow or Friday, just to make sure there aren't anymore updates.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Yes, I saw that link, and when I clicked it, it asked me for my license key. Once I entered it, I was automatically taken to the page with the content downloads. I didn't download those yet. I'll do that some time tomorrow or Friday, just to make sure there aren't anymore updates.

They are NOT the final files.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
That was my experience too Ken. Except, I don't recall being asked to reboot.

I was also asked for my license number, but I believe that was to be able to download the licensed content.

I believe the reboot was due to 11.2 having installed new Microsoft libraries that, at least in Windows, can only replace the old ones after rebooting. I think the installer checks what version of these libraries you have, and only updates if needed. It may not ask for reboot depending on what you already have installed. These Microsoft libraries are shared with other software, so they may have already been installed by other software installations.

However, I didn't see an option to download extra contents. The 11.2 installer just asked me where to install, and if I wanted to preserve my existing preferences. Was this a web link to content pages at Rendo? I remember SMS used to ask for serials when downloading contents from their servers.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yes Ken, it had a link and asked for your serial to download the content, not at my computer so I can't remember where that was

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The link is on the same page as the two executable files.

1568862978382.png

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Ohhh, so that's what it was! Thanks for the info. I already have LaFemme, the complete version, and I am not sure I want as much as 5Gb of random contents. But it's good to know it's there.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I don't know that the Installer and Poser Support zips aren't up-to-date, as the last time I checked a couple of days ago, those links weren't there for the general public to view. The Early Adopters and Beta Testers were directed elsewhere for their downloads. I think it's more the additional content files that may not be ready for public consumption until tomorrow.

Luckily they've put date/time stamps for each download, so if they have some with tomorrow's date, then those will be the most recent.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, I just double-checked, and the files I downloaded about 2 1/2 hours ago, now have a more updated time stamp, and the Installer file's a bit larger than the one I had downloaded earlier, so I guess I'll be downloading them again just to be sure.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I think the only thing missing are the bundled contents now. Chances are 11.2.271 is already the final version for this update.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh is that the full version number? I'll make note of that for when I do the installation.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Considering they said the postponing was due to the HW contents being added in the last moment, I assume 11.2.271 is already the final version for this update. Chances are that they will just include the HW figures in the bundled content now. I think that might be the only difference.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, I'll check the date/time stamp again tomorrow, and if it's newer, than I'll download again. It only took a few minutes to get both files. I'll wait with the content download 'til I have 11.2 up and running the way I want.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It's up to 11.2.272.

This one required I uninstall Poser 11, but it didn't remove the python folder.

And the HiveWire products are available now.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Installed 11.2.272, and it has suggested uninstalling Poser 11, I said no, and it continued the installation. Here again, everything was preserved by simply installing over the existing Poser 11. Uninstall only if you really want to.

Last edited:

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Installed 11.2.272, and it has suggested uninstalling Poser 11, I said no, and it continued the installation. Here again, everything was preserved by simply installing over the existing Poser 11. Uninstall only if you really want to.

Downloaded and installed. I did use the uninstall and opted to keep my preferences. It installed perfectly.
It kept my preferences and my Python Scripts. I have version 11.2.272 now.
I didn't have to type in my liscense number.
I have several runtimes that it remembered aswell.