• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser 11.2 Update discussion/info

Hornet3d

Wise
It might just be me, but I seem to be detecting an awful of people, some who should know better, taking the least little thing and blowing it all out of proportion. In other words, they're trolling. They seem to want Renderosity to not only give them a free update, but install the update on their machine for them. Some of it... a lot in fact, I understand and dismiss. Renderosity could have been a bit more clearer in what their intentions are and what's expected from users. But the update has been known to be coming for quite some time now, so why wait until the last minute to find out if your expected to pay for an upgrade, or if you have to re-install, or can wait until next January to upgrade because you don't want to mess with the software? I mean, come on.

Well some of it stems from the point you highlighted, the lack of communication from Renderosity but I accept they do have a lot on their plate. I am not really bother what I have to do to keep Poser 11 working as long as I know what is required. So the information from Glitterati3D that an update is not enough and a reinstall in required is very welcome as is the results of tests others have made to try and make this an informed discussion. It was also only in the last week or so that the launch date for the 'must have' update was known hence the sudden interest. I may have not helped the situation in that my understanding of the disable feature was incorrect.

If any of my submissions were seen as complaint I can only apologise that was not the intent, indeed I have tried be very fair with a company I have had issues with in the past. Just to be very clear, I have no criticism Rendo in this matter and accept they have a massive task on their hands and have made moves in the right direction. I cannot say the same for SM who have literally walked away from their promises. If that compliant seems unfair then so be it, but the fact I feel that way, rightly or wrongly, is exactly that, a statement of fact. There are many reasons that is the case but I respectfully suggest this is not the right place to air them so I would suggest anyone interested can take it up with me off line.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
No worries Hornet!

I'm sure everyone is a bit concerned about the changeover. I know I am. Change is tough! In this case everyone is wondering will my Poser still work? What will be different? What have they changed?

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Well, I can tell you it's safe to be assured that users just like you folks have been testing this for months now. Daily.

Every day the programmers load a new build and everyone tests it thoroughly, asking other testers to confirm/deny anything they find. The beta testers have uninstalled/installed every day and sometimes multiple times a day if we got an especially buggy build.

The one assurance I can give you is that this has been thoroughly tested and re-tested.

Be safe and make sure you have absolutely required 3rd party addons (I would be lost without Creator's Toybox and MatWriter Panel, for instance) available in case you need them. Know where your serial number(s) is/are and have ready access to them.

That's really all you should need for a successful uninstall/reinstall of the new Poser version.

Also, as a hint if you have deleted Andy from the default load and tell the reinstall to use your settings, you won't see La Femme load. It will load your preferences.

Hornet3d

Wise
Well, I can tell you it's safe to be assured that users just like you folks have been testing this for months now. Daily.

Every day the programmers load a new build and everyone tests it thoroughly, asking other testers to confirm/deny anything they find. The beta testers have uninstalled/installed every day and sometimes multiple times a day if we got an especially buggy build.

The one assurance I can give you is that this has been thoroughly tested and re-tested.

Be safe and make sure you have absolutely required 3rd party addons (I would be lost without Creator's Toybox and MatWriter Panel, for instance) available in case you need them. Know where your serial number(s) is/are and have ready access to them.

That's really all you should need for a successful uninstall/reinstall of the new Poser version.

Also, as a hint if you have deleted Andy from the default load and tell the reinstall to use your settings, you won't see La Femme load. It will load your preferences.

I have been following the threads over at Rendo, though not actively, and I have seen the reports of testing and the new builds that have come from that testing and there really has been a lot of effort put in. I am as confident as I can be that it will be good and your information on the third party addons is useful so that we can get everything ready. For all that I can understand many users being worried about the possibility, however slight, that a program they paid for might stop working through no fault of theirs. If it was just a piece of content that would be one thing but as can be seen here in other threads Poser is a source of revenue for some and a temporary escape from life where fate has deemed their existence is a struggle whether that be due to financial or health pressures. In such cases I can see there being a concern, in much the same way as one person's possessions might seem trivial to some but highly valued in sentiment rather than financial worth.

Hornet3d

Wise
No worries Hornet!

I'm sure everyone is a bit concerned about the changeover. I know I am. Change is tough! In this case everyone is wondering will my Poser still work? What will be different? What have they changed?

After spending many years fixing computers I have reached the point that I would prefer they just work when I switch them on. I even paid for 5 years of base support when I had my machine built rather than have to fix it myself. The update is of concern for me but if I loose the use of Poser for a few weeks or I have to buy another copy it is hardly a major disaster, but that is for me, I am well aware it would be very different for others. I am just trying to see it from a wider prospective than my own.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I wonder why I thought the update was available on the 17th???

I believe it originally was to be the 16th or something like that. I believe I read over at Rendo that they moved it to the 19th because of the issue of adding the HiveWire figures and links to our store, So if you got the version yesterday, you probably don't have that.

AfroditeOhki

Contributing Artist
* Rendo claims to be have removed the old Poser contents that used to be bundled for all these years. However, it still includes all these legacy files? I guess that's how they managed to amount to these 8GB they claim to offer. The old and the new stuff put together.

Not sure if this has been addressed already, but: no. It's 8gb worth of content that wasn't previously bundled with Poser. I'm told by another tester that all content included (old and new) is currently going into 20gb, but I didn't confirm it myself - didn't want to install the old stuff.

And yes, they come in separate bundles so you can pick what you want to install and what you want to skip.

Last edited:

AfroditeOhki

Contributing Artist
La Femme seems to be missing from the La Femme contents files too. All I have are the clothing.
La Femme (SFW version) is located in Poser 11 Content/La Femme. Might have missed her there because we try to search the other folders inside the La Femme folder :roflmao:

Reminder that the one included is a no-genitals, no-nipples version that doesn't include the content DEV helpers - for those you'll need to purchase the Full version of La Femme. But I've tested that the one included does load morphs etc just like the full version, and also any nipples that might exist in characters you apply.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I believe it originally was to be the 16th or something like that. I believe I read over at Rendo that they moved it to the 19th because of the issue of adding the HiveWire figures and links to our store.
That's what I remember reading on their forum as well.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
so why wait until the last minute to find out if your expected to pay for an upgrade

Who has to pay to upgrade from 11.1 to 11.2?

I believe it originally was to be the 16th or something like that. I believe I read over at Rendo that they moved it to the 19th because of the issue of adding the HiveWire figures and links to our store, So if you got the version yesterday, you probably don't have that.

That is correct. The original release was first claimed to be on the 16th, and then was postponed to the 19th due to the new deal with HW. I think Chris has mentioned the postponing when the announced the deal.

Not sure if this has been addressed already, but: no. It's 8gb worth of content that wasn't previously bundled with Poser. I'm told by another tester that all content included (old and new) is currently going into 20gb, but I didn't confirm it myself - didn't want to install the old stuff.

And yes, they come in separate bundles so you can pick what you want to install and what you want to skip.

Ok, so it's 8Gb of NEW bundled contents from the Rendo store. Thanks for the heads up. I think Rendo has mentioned it's placed at the PoserSoftware.com domain for download in individual packages, for those who want it. Before this, the previously bundled content was in the SMS servers, available through their download manager.

Hornet3d

Wise
Is it correct we are looking for version 11.2 and is there only that version? The reason I ask is that the server at the server link given was bare yesterday is now showing a version 11.2 download. I have checked the notes supplied but there is no mention of licensing.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Rendo is releasing this 11.2 version mostly to transition from SMS to Rendo servers to validate the licenses. There are some other claimed changes, mostly bug-fixing related, but the server transition is the main focus for now. SMS did the same thing by re-releasing Poser 7 from eFrontier, but with a different license activation and general splash screen and documentation that reflected the ownership transition.

SMS will stop validating Poser licenses this week, and that's why Rendo needs to push this update.

Hornet3d

Wise
Rendo is releasing this 11.2 version mostly to transition from SMS to Rendo servers to validate the licenses. There are some other claimed changes, mostly bug-fixing related, but the server transition is the main focus for now. SMS did the same thing by re-releasing Poser 7 from eFrontier, but with a different license activation and general splash screen and documentation that reflected the ownership transition.

SMS will stop validating Poser licenses this week, and that's why Rendo needs to push this update.

I understand that but the release was set for the 19th and I downloaded 11.2 a few minutes ago, I just wanted to see if anyone can confirm this is the one we need to change the validation from SMS to Bondware.

LeeMoon

Inspired
Thanks for the heads up, Hornet3d. The official Poser website does show the downloads as being available. I'm downloading the 2 core installers right now and have validated my license key for all the additional content. Will download the extra content shortly.
Thanks again!

Hornet3d

Wise
OH Well I have installed it anyway as the other poser would have deactivated tomorrow anyway. I guess it is not the right one as I still have all runtimes from before. The reported version is 11.2.271 and the registration page all refer to Bondware.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Is there any official statement on how long we have to download and install this update?

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Do you mean how long before Poser will stop working (unless you install the download)? I don't think that's been explained

Or do you mean how long you will have to download it at all ? I don't think there's a time limit.

So worst case is that Poser Pro 11 will stop working at some point if you don't download and install it - but all you have to do is download and install and it'll work again..

Hornet3d

Wise
Is there any official statement on how long we have to download and install this update?

Not that I am aware of other than it is expected you can download at anytime but Poser Game Dev, 11 and 11 pro could stop working after tomorrow.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I installed version 11.2.263 Tuesday. I downloaded and ran both Install Poser 11.exe and PoserSupport.exe. I also downloaded and installed
  • 3 LaFemmeContent zips (clothing & hair)
  • 3 PoserPremiumContent_3DScene zips
  • 1 PoserPremiumContent_Figures zip
  • 2 PoserPremiumContent_PropsAndTranportation zips
No La Femme figure anywhere in the Poser application Runtime, the Poser 11 Content Runtime, or the Poser 11 Additional Content (which is where I put the files in those 9 content zips).

It's not really an issue to me though, as I don't particularly plan to use La Femme, it's just odd I can't find it any where.

1568845409671.png

La Femme (SFW version) is located in Poser 11 Content/La Femme. Might have missed her there because we try to search the other folders inside the La Femme folder :roflmao:

Those who regularly visit Renderosity forums and have read specific topics may well have known about this particular update and that some versions of Poser will be disabled effective 9/19. First I heard of it was the 9/16 "Why you should update to Poser 11.2" email.

The main uncertainty I've had is whether Poser Pro 2014 would be affected by the Smith Micro phone home servers being shut down. But that's because somewhere along the way, everyone decided to refer to Poser Pro 2014 as Poser 10. At least ... I THINK Poser 10 was the standard version of Poser Pro 2014. You got me. The switch in naming conventions has been nothing but confusing since Smith Micro started calling some versions by year instead of number.

I was also thrown because according to posts here, running the install would prompt me to uninstall my Poser 11 version. It did not do so. However, as I mentioned above, Poser 11 is now version 12.2, and all references to Smith Micro are now Bondware.

1568845786801.png

It might just be me, but I seem to be detecting an awful of people, some who should know better, taking the least little thing and blowing it all out of proportion. In other words, they're trolling. They seem to want Renderosity to not only give them a free update, but install the update on their machine for them. Some of it... a lot in fact, I understand and dismiss. Renderosity could have been a bit more clearer in what their intentions are and what's expected from users. But the update has been known to be coming for quite some time now, so why wait until the last minute to find out if your expected to pay for an upgrade, or if you have to re-install, or can wait until next January to upgrade because you don't want to mess with the software? I mean, come on.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Satira - I'm surprised they even had that available, but it is NOT the final version. If I were you I'd download and install the final update tomorrow when it's actually released.