• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Our real life pets

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't mind snakes to look at but please don't ask me to handle one :) but I'd happily hold a lizard (well, maybe not a Goanna, those suckers bite and you can get a bad infection from them, nasty).

When I lived close to Sydney and my in-laws came to stay, Mum-in Law pulled me aside and said I had rats in my kitchen, I laughed and said, no, I had a couple of lizards that came inside sometimes as they liked the heat from under the fridge. She didn't believe me until we were watching TV and this big lizard walked past the door (it was approx 75cm, roughly 30inches). Kinda surprised me too as I hadn't seen that one, the other couple were only around 25cm :)
Up here in Qld its quite common to get little house geckos inside, but if I find one I quickly take them out or they become dog food or cat toys.

I'm an animal lover. I love all kinds but Horses in particular, then Dogs and Cats have always been my faves, but I like quirky pets too. I just can't stand spiders of any size (they can be only a couple of millimeters big and I'll still get the heebie jeebies) or scorpions. I'm ok with alot of other insects as pets like stick insects, but I find cockroaches gross :D (I guess growing up believing them to be disease ridding little creepies doesn't help).

Oh and Szark, spotty frogs are good too :p

Bring on more photos guys (even if they're pets we've seen before), got to get the daily does of "awwwww" :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Ok... my first kitty (these are the real thing I made my mil cat textures from!)

Punkin_flowers_framed.jpg

Punkin was the most photogenic cat that ever 'called me Mom'. He seemed to know when you were
pointing the camera his way. I loved this sweet cat for all his 20 years. He used to purr-meow talk to
me, reaching one paw up to my face with affection, every time he was on my lap. One day, I was
moved to cut his photo out of the plain background, and place him in this bed of flowers, using the
first version of "Microsoft Picture It". I was very pleased with the results, but a couple of years
later, armed with my knowledge of Photoshop 5, I was able to enhance, mat, and frame this photo.
It has become a fitting memorial for this loving friend.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
oh and I found this (they are all over my website) on the way to my other kitties...

RoseyBint_flowers_framed2.jpg

They say that Arabian horses are very high strung, but "Bint" (means 'daughter of') was the
sweetest, calmest Arabian mare I have ever known. She was trail wise, energetic, but very safe.
She was a seasoned Mother, allowing me the gift of the experience of having a foal. Rosy was
the image of her Dad, tall and beautiful, with a sweet personality. I treasure the years I was
privileged to have these equine companions. Using Photoshop 5, I cut the horses out of the
cluttered background, laid in the azalea bushes, then matted and framed the image.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Beautiful Lyne. And yes, Punkin's very photogenic.

I love Flea-bitten greys (well, I love dapples but they eventually go but bites seem to get stronger if anything :D) was dad an Arab too?

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
StripyBoy2.jpg

After 17 years...his body just wore out and my beloved devoted companion, my forever Famous boy of my freebie tabby cat textures - first for the poser cat and then the Mil cat - had to have help to "let go"...I could not let him suffer, he stopped eating and drinking for a day and a half after the last 2 months of slowing waaay down....I know he is "near" just on the other side... I love you, Travis, You are such a GOOD BOY! I know I did the right thing, but my heart just aches! I will say and do more for his memorial when some of the pain ebbs a little.
(This photo taken 2 years ago when he was 15 years old.)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
This is WAY harder than I thought it would be...to 'go back' to the past via my photos.... I LOVED my boys soooo much... next, I'll find the best photo of my current adopted (from a shelter) kitty - Nickie...he's VERY smart... but he too is aging like Mommy with IBS and pancreatitis... he's about 10 now...and I worry over him a LOT!

OK one of the first photos of Nickie...whom we adopted after Clancy passed, and hoped that he'd bring new energy to my aging Travis (which he did)
NickTravTable3.jpg

written on my website page at the time I took the photo:
Photo is a bit washed out, as I lightened to bring out the boy's coats. Nick is a very short hair
brown/Gray tabby. Both boys are "fixed" indoor cats. You will see them often on the "cat table"
situated in the corner with windows to enjoy the air. I have the "litter boxes" underneath.
Travis is 16, and aside from his IBS (irritable bowel syndrome and I think acid reflux- yes he is
getting medication for it) he is quite a healthy guy now that his cold is gone. Nick is a fast growing
year old. We thought he would stay small and slender, but in one month he has already gotten bigger!
NOTE the very black tip of Nicki's tail... he CHASES it round and round a lot! It's hysterical!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Lyne, these are such beautiful memorials to your fur-babies. Beautiful animals, too, each and every one of them. Travis looks to have had some Maine Coon in him.

Precious animals, Lyne, all of them! :)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
These are all beautiful...and it is both making me smile and also sad...I'd have to look for pics of the little baby in my avatar..but it makes me cry to think about him even all these years later.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Awwww thanks, Ladies.... ya... bitter sweet I guess... and yes, Travis got really furry in the winter, so he came close to the main coon look, but he was "just" a plain long hair tabby.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
NOTE the very black tip of Nicki's tail... he CHASES it round and round a lot! It's hysterical!

Oh, LOL!! Our Copilot (I really do have to get a "current" photo of him, he's 15 now!).... he STILL chases his own tail around like a kitten! Spin, spin, chase, chase, then he catches it with his teeth and immediately yowls because it hurt... and then he goes right back to it... so funny! He never really lost his kitten ways. :D

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Awwww thanks, Ladies.... ya... bitter sweet I guess... and yes, Travis got really furry in the winter, so he came close to the main coon look, but he was "just" a plain long hair tabby.

LOL! Cross-posting! Correction duly noted. :)

And yes, it is hard and bittersweet, especially animals that you were really close to. But good to remember them also.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
ohh here is my FAV photo of Nickie - the color is off but I just love it...he loved getting up here in the 'half bathroom' off the kitchen...when Mommy came in to.... LOL!
NickieBathroom2.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That door stop series is funny. They sure don't like new things do they! (unless its a box of course :p)

Nicky looks like a short hair clone of Travis :D