• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Our real life pets

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Puppy wanted a pet too!!!

Every day when I come home from work, Tsuki is crying at the door. As if she had been sitting by the door ALL day crying and crying from being abandoned. I know better, because her toys are scattered around, and her food dish is often nearly empty. But still, she's sooo convincing.

Thursday, I left work at noon because of a migraine and got all the way to the door, but no crying kitty. I opened the door, and no kitty trying to squeeze out the door the moment it cracks open. I walk into my apartment, and still no kitty. I step into the kitchen ... and there she is. She'd been napping contentedly on top of the kitchen cabinets and failed to hear me at the door.

BUSTED!

Even after falling off the top of the kitchen cabinets last weekend, she's still jumping up there. She's definitely a sky kitty. But she seems to be laying against the wall rather than sprawled near (or over) the edge of the cabinet. So hopefully, we won't have a dropping kitty again. It sure scared me when she fell! I kept telling her she was going to fall if she kept wriggling around and pushing her body further and further over the edge of the cabinet. But did she listen to me? NOOO. Kitten knows better than the old lady.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, she didn't expect you home so early, so why start the tears too soon.

Did you leave her up there until later, closer to a time when you usually come home? I'm curious if her internal clock tells her when you're going to be walking through the door. ;)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
oh yeah, they def know when you're supposed to come home home, my dog will sit at the door around 10mins of when hubby's supposed to be home. And I'm sure they know what day of the week because the cat only really yells to go outside on the weekend when she knows we're normally outside (she's a total indoor cat but comes out to the pool area when we have a bbq)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
She was jumping down off the refrigerator when I got to the kitchen, which is how I knew she'd been up on the cabinets. Which is where she is now.

When she first moved in, she would run to the door every time she heard noises out in the hallway. After four months, she doesn't do that so much anymore, though she will stop what she's doing and stare at the door. She's learned those noises don't always mean someone is coming to visit her. Clearly though, she suspects that if I'm not here and she hears noises at the door, it DOES mean someone is coming to visit her. But, it also means she gets to explore the hallway.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Mine earned their keep tonight. 10:30 at night, someone is knocking at my door. Well, being a woman alone, I take no chances even in broad daylight and don't open my door to strangers, but that was pretty scary. He said he was looking for the neighbor, but both dogs raised hell AND wanted a piece of this guy at my door. They were NOT happy to see this person. They were already jumpy because fools have been shooting off fireworks nearby all evening, and while they don't scare them, they get jumpy at all the strange noises. Then, someone at the door late at night? Yeah, they let this guy know he WAS NOT welcome. IF he was up to no good, it won't be this house he chooses to cause trouble at.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That sure is scary!

I've had someone knock at my door a time or two, but unless I'm expecting someone, I don't answer it.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I've had people step 5 paces back when Chilli barks at the door. The Belgian Shepherd in him comes out when he perceives a threat (he's pretty much a split personality :D)

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Good on your puppies, Traci! Looking after Mum and frightening off the maybe bad guys. Well done!

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Thursday, I left work at noon because of a migraine and got all the way to the door, but no crying kitty. I opened the door, and no kitty trying to squeeze out the door the moment it cracks open. I walk into my apartment, and still no kitty. I step into the kitchen ... and there she is. She'd been napping contentedly on top of the kitchen cabinets and failed to hear me at the door.

My cat used to punish me when I came home by playing a game of 'chase the kitty up and down the stairs'. I live on the second floor of a three story apartment building right by the stairs. So if I come home and I've been away to long, my cat likes to dash out the door and run up the stairs, and then just as I get to him, he runs back down, and then back up usually about three times. He is however a scardy cat so I don't have to worry about him running outside.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Cats definitely can be challenging. Normally she doesn't bolt off when I come home from work, but morning is another thing. If she manages to get out the door, she's down the hallway before you can blink.

She gave me a week where she seemed to accept that I have to leave in the morning and she has to stay home. But she's back to trying to get out when I leave. I was able to distract her by tossing an empty toilet paper roll this morning. But I no sooner closed the door behind me when she flopped down against it.