• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that our store and forum are on two separate servers so you will require a separate login for each. The store will ask you for your Real Name (WILL NOT BE displayed to the public) and the forum will ask you for a User Name (WILL BE displayed to the public). You may use the same email address and password for both.

Oriental Dusk

Aylaaenas_Evenwing

Adventurous
As some have already seen in this post:

Well Dressed Asian male....

I am creating an oriental character for Dusk. I already have finished the head and neck textures. Here i applied a shader with some bump and SSS maps. I know about the miss aligned bump map on the back of the head. Here are some previews in different lights scenes

eclark1894

Renowned
Yeah, I took a break and modeled an axe for Dusk, but now I have to figure out what's going on with that stupid Cheongsam Jacket for Dusk.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
LOVE!!! Great job!!! Can't wait for this to hit the store! This is so much better/realistic than my farting around with Dusk and my Rodrigo.
Hmmm, I don't know Laurie . . . I like your version too. ;)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Hmmm, I don't know Laurie . . . I like your version too. ;)
Thanks Miss B!
Course the cool thing is one can mix and match all the Dusk characters and textures! I am really looking forward to having this guy- not only is he great looking as is but one can mix various ethnicities with him too.

DaremoK3

Enthusiast
Aylaaenas_Evenwing:

First of all, beautiful work. The texturing looks excellent, and you did a great job with the epicanthal folds.

However, I do have a critique, but I believe someone of your mesh manipulation talents shouldn't have a problem with a small correction.

Generally, there is not a pronounced epicanthal ridgeline when the eyes are closed. It should be nice and smooth.

Unless you literally have a resource from this male, and he is an exception (which could be the case), you might want to add a JCM to the eyelids for when you dial them closed. Just a suggestion...

Here is just one small example -- You can find many others via an online search:

eye2_6_2_img17.jpg

Take care...
Ken

Rick

Admirable
He looks awesomely great! Looking forward to him coming out! Thanks for creating for Dusk! :)