• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Oriental Dusk

Aylaaenas_Evenwing

Adventurous
As some have already seen in this post:

Well Dressed Asian male....

I am creating an oriental character for Dusk. I already have finished the head and neck textures. Here i applied a shader with some bump and SSS maps. I know about the miss aligned bump map on the back of the head. Here are some previews in different lights scenes

Aylaaenas_Evenwing

Adventurous
sorry I forgot to post a picture lol

orientalduskprev.jpg

eclark1894

Visionary
Yeah, I took a break and modeled an axe for Dusk, but now I have to figure out what's going on with that stupid Cheongsam Jacket for Dusk.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
LOVE!!! Great job!!! Can't wait for this to hit the store! This is so much better/realistic than my farting around with Dusk and my Rodrigo.
Hmmm, I don't know Laurie . . . I like your version too. ;)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Hmmm, I don't know Laurie . . . I like your version too. ;)

Thanks Miss B!
Course the cool thing is one can mix and match all the Dusk characters and textures! I am really looking forward to having this guy- not only is he great looking as is but one can mix various ethnicities with him too.

DaremoK3

Enthusiast
Aylaaenas_Evenwing:

First of all, beautiful work. The texturing looks excellent, and you did a great job with the epicanthal folds.

However, I do have a critique, but I believe someone of your mesh manipulation talents shouldn't have a problem with a small correction.

Generally, there is not a pronounced epicanthal ridgeline when the eyes are closed. It should be nice and smooth.

Unless you literally have a resource from this male, and he is an exception (which could be the case), you might want to add a JCM to the eyelids for when you dial them closed. Just a suggestion...

Here is just one small example -- You can find many others via an online search:

eye2_6_2_img17.jpg

Take care...
Ken

Rick

Eager
He looks awesomely great! Looking forward to him coming out! Thanks for creating for Dusk! :)