• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: HiveWire 3D to publish Animals through DAZ 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Absolutely, internet anonymity has made it so much easier for people to "unleash" their dark side...

I totally agree, if fact way back in 1994 I did a social commentary painting, "Incommunicado " (2 row, far right- swimsuits with pagers) about that very subject.

My comments from the painting... "In the time of the ancient Greeks, runners would traverse great distances in order to bring the outcome of their army’s battle to their King. With the news of victory, the messenger would be heaped with honors whereas news of defeat would…, well you have to wonder why those runners just didn’t kind of get lost in route. Ever since then the world of communication has traveled in two different directions; to make information arrive faster and to deliver it at a safe distance.

Jumping ahead 2000 years, we arrive at the Information Age. First, there was the telegraph, which led to the telephone. Information arrived quickly and at that safe distance but the problem was people weren’t always around to get it. This gave birth to the answering machine which begot the pager which begot the cellphone which begot the cellphone-pager-emailer.

These advances in technology have now led us now to become prisoners of communication. Where it was once enough to check for messages once a day, now we’re expected to check them at least hourly. We get information emailed to us for information’s sake. It’s a wonder anybody gets any real work done any more.

Our messaging is delivered at a safe distance but it’s also becoming more and more distant. Not having to face one another allows our petty traits to shine through in email and hollow recordings on answering machines. Humanity has truly become roadkill on the information superhighway."

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I'm afraid to ask, Sean.....:p

These advances in technology have now led us now to become prisoners of communication. Where it was once enough to check for messages once a day, now we’re expected to check them at least hourly. We get information emailed to us for information’s sake. It’s a wonder anybody gets any real work done any more.

Our messaging is delivered at a safe distance but it’s also becoming more and more distant. Not having to face one another allows our petty traits to shine through in email and hollow recordings on answering machines. Humanity has truly become roadkill on the information superhighway.

Sad but true...

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh gosh. That phrase just absolutely irritates the heck out of me. You can't read an article ANYWHERE on the internet without there being a dozen stories with the "headline" ... you'll never believe what happened next or some such similar phrase.

Triplets had a DNA test done and you won't believe what happened next? What? Turned out they weren't actually identical triplets? They weren't related to their father, or their mother, or each other? Do we really, really care?!?

Every once in a while, I have the option to click an x on the thumbnail that I never want to see this article again because ... it's offensive, it's repetitive, it's boring. I sometimes click offensive just cuz.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Oh, that's funny because I don't see that so much so Sean's post didn't connect so much. I guess I don't read many of that type article :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh, that's funny because I don't see that so much so Sean's post didn't connect so much. I guess I don't read many of that type article :)
Hmmmmm, maybe you should get out more Alisa. :D

Oh wait, what am I saying????? We need you here on the forums, so forget about going out.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
These advances in technology have now led us now to become prisoners of communication.

Everyone is a slave to that now. I was at a house party a few weeks ago and in one room there were about 15 of us sitting around. Everyone had their mobiles out texting one another in the same room. I mean nobody was talking to one another, they were all actually texting people in the same room!

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
You can't read an article ANYWHERE on the internet without there being a dozen stories with the "headline" ... you'll never believe what happened next or some such similar phrase.

That's just to get us to click links with adverts. "You won't believe how amazing ***** looks now!" is another one I hate, especially when it's about someone I never heard of. :somad:

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Of course, if you DO click those, the person that was referenced is never in the list.

After a couple of times, I decided my curiosity needed to stay unquenched. It's so frustrating that even sites like CNN have these junk ads/links. So, now I ignore anything that says ... Paid Content or Paid Partner Content.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
After a couple of times, I decided my curiosity needed to stay unquenched. It's so frustrating that even sites like CNN have these junk ads/links. So, now I ignore anything that says ... Paid Content or Paid Partner Content.
That reminds me of a number of sites I've gone to download something, and invariably click on the wrong download button because it's large, and right up there at the top of the page. Now I'm very wary about which download buttons I click.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
That's just to get us to click links with adverts. "You won't believe how amazing ***** looks now!" is another one I hate, especially when it's about someone I never heard of. :somad:
Oh yeah, now THAT one I've seen a lot and yeah, hate it no matter who it is..

Daz is now selling the HiveWire3D Big Cat.... You won't believe what has happened now! Find out here
:devil"

But THAT'S worth clicking on to see..cool render ;)

prixat

Inspired
:) In relation to DIM packages, I meant making them available in addition to plain ZIP files.

Although the main content related questions are still, "Dude, Where's my content?", I'm seeing more questions like, "How do I install third party stuff into Smart Content?".

You could be missing out on an opportunity, especially with the newer Studio users who have not ventured into the wonderful world of setting up runtimes!:confused:

Hornet3d

Wise
Everyone is a slave to that now. I was at a house party a few weeks ago and in one room there were about 15 of us sitting around. Everyone had their mobiles out texting one another in the same room. I mean nobody was talking to one another, they were all actually texting people in the same room!

Please don't take any offence from this, for none is intended, and I am honestly not being critical in any way, but not quite everyone, although I accept I don't really count. People of my age very often are left out of 'Everyone' in very much the same way they become invisible when in public. You, of course, are far to young to experience this personally so you will have to take my word for it as my source for this is my own experience :).

When I used to travel a lot it was a common site at airports to see people standing in line for baggage check chatting on the phone and in each case they were asked to end the call and put the phone through screening. Most accepted the need while other's got quite grumpy over it but all of them picked their phone up the minute it was through X ray and quickly started another call. I often noticed that they would hop from foot to foot while waiting as if they were in a desperate need of the bathroom.

I can't remember the person who made the quote or the exact wording but I do remember someone saying something along the lies of - "after hundreds of years of mankind fighting for freedom we have now willingly saddled ourselves with a ball and chain". Sad but metaphorically correct.

Happily I have reached the age where I do not have to travel (I never minded the travel but hated airports, horrible stressful places). I do have a smart phone but I often leave it at home and when I do take it with me it is switched off and I have it just in case of an emergency. In fact the only reason I have a smart phone is that it interfaces with my home automation (I admit to being a geek) otherwise it would be a very basic call and text type phone.

eclark1894

Visionary
Please don't take any offence from this, for none is intended, and I am honestly not being critical in any way, but not quite everyone, although I accept I don't really count. People of my age very often are left out of 'Everyone' in very much the same way they become invisible when in public. You, of course, are far to young to experience this personally so you will have to take my word for it as my source for this is my own experience :).

When I used to travel a lot it was a common site at airports to see people standing in line for baggage check chatting on the phone and in each case they were asked to end the call and put the phone through screening. Most accepted the need while other's got quite grumpy over it but all of them picked their phone up the minute it was through X ray and quickly started another call. I often noticed that they would hop from foot to foot while waiting as if they were in a desperate need of the bathroom.

I can't remember the person who made the quote or the exact wording but I do remember someone saying something along the lies of - "after hundreds of years of mankind fighting for freedom we have now willingly saddled ourselves with a ball and chain". Sad but metaphorically correct.

Happily I have reached the age where I do not have to travel (I never minded the travel but hated airports, horrible stressful places). I do have a smart phone but I often leave it at home and when I do take it with me it is switched off and I have it just in case of an emergency. In fact the only reason I have a smart phone is that it interfaces with my home automation (I admit to being a geek) otherwise it would be a very basic call and text type phone.
I remember when people used to think something was wrong with someone who they thought was talking to himself in line until they finally spotted a small cellphone.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I carry my phone with me everywhere, though I rarely use it. Even usually, if I'm just going to the computer. Nothing is more annoying than to be deep in the middle of setting up a scene, modeling, or ... /gasp ... rigging, and the phone is on the other side of the room when I get a call. Usually, a certain someone who needs directions because he's lost :confused: I run an emergency location and mapping service with a client of one.

Though I do have residential phone service, I never answer that phone. I don't even give out that number anymore. I was hounded by collection agencies when I moved here. Apparently, my new number was being used by just about every deadbeat in the world. So, my cell is the contact number for everyone who needs to have contact with me.

I don't text though. I'm just too dependent on a real keyboard. Even using the laptop keyboard makes me swear like a sailor. The keys are too small and all in the wrong places. The cursor randomly jumps up several paragraphs and deletes whole lines of text. Unfortunately, last week, my wireless keyboard for that laptop died, so ... I struggled for the two days I telecommuted trying NOT to destroy years of work while modifying code. Fortunately, I only managed to destroy a few days worth of code :speechless:

My cell phone usually sits in my backpack when at work though. It gets far more use as an alarm clock and recorder of the antics of Tsuki than it does as a method of communication. It gets far more use now that we telecommute two days a week at work since we either needed to use our cell phones or carry a work iPhone. I just wasn't about to carry two phones.

Is it because I'm a baby boomer? Don't think so. Baby boomers have sold their souls to that invasive little device too. Other than a very small circle of friends, I just don't feel a need to be in constant communication with anyone. Um ... or even with them. Probably that Sagittarius moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.