• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: HiveWire 3D to publish Animals through DAZ 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hornet3d

Wise
Hornet, we posted at the same time..

First: of course, it's perfectly fine to post what you did!

We all have to make decisions about things. That goes for us and for the folks who won't shop at DAZ. We respect their decisions, as I think most of them respect the decision we made. At the same time, we're sad that the combination of our decisions (theirs and ours) isn't going to mesh in terms of them getting our animals. They are, no matter what they choose, no matter whether they buy from us or from DAZ, ALWAYS an important part of our community. I hope they realize that.

Thank you, I hoped like mad that your reaction would be exactly that.

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that the collective decision you made was a hard one, even after a great deal of consideration. I am equally sure that you were well aware that such a decision would have both positive and negative implications and that some would be more impacted than others but that is true of any decision of this importance and all that does is makes it more difficult to do the right thing.

The reason I finally decided to post something, after a great deal of thought, was very much due to your last point. I try not to be negative, although I don't always succeed, and generally feel if you don't have something positive to say then just don't say it. This is one instance where this may not hold true, although I am still not sure of that, I hoped it would show some support for those are impacted in the way I describe. I know that the team would see such people as important and be sad about the way this decision will impact them but I was afraid that this sentiment may be lost in the generally surprise and intrigued this announcement has created.

I really do want them to know that it does bother me and that those not affected have just read their concerns and shrugged their shoulders and moved on with enjoying our art. Basically my aim was not to be critical, more to say to everyone in this position that I accept the decision on both sides but accepting it does not mean I like it. I don't want them to feel that we don't care or are not wanted here, not by the Hivewire team but by all of us here, because I am damn sure I am not the only one that feels this way.

aqua1955

It is always a pity to see items go from one shop to another. I also wonder why a strong product as this has to leave Hivewire3D, although I understand a little what is going on.
The items you show are perfect in use and great tested by your crew. This was also the perfectionistic way RDNA did and by moving to DAZ3D, they not lost their place in the market, but also lost their "live" at the end.
Also payments to the items I bought at RDNA, I see now in their shop, at a 10 times higher prize. The items that you like are almost not payable anymore and are moved quick in a week to other new work. I can't keep up anymore.
V3,V4,V5,V6,V7 and now V8 releases followed up in a too short time. Items you first have to buy from Daz3D and only after that can export to Poser. Textures from former releases are sold as new. Items that were sold before, got a attached name, but are just the same. That is what happend and I can hardly deal with this.
Also I needed to delete VLC player software, because DAZ3D crashed each time. They use a file (roaming) in their Studio that is corrupt to the VLC player software program.
Honestly said, my software buying for Poser is on a low level and creating the same...

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Thank you, I hoped like mad that your reaction would be exactly that.

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that the collective decision you made was a hard one, even after a great deal of consideration. I am equally sure that you were well aware that such a decision would have both positive and negative implications and that some would be more impacted than others but that is true of any decision of this importance and all that does is makes it more difficult to do the right thing..

You're welcome, and yes, this was something we talked about a lot and I think we looked at all sides of things. Lisa and Chris, as always, made the final decision with full support from Paul and myself.

Basically my aim was not to be critical, more to say to everyone in this position that I accept the decision on both sides but accepting it does not mean I like it.

I sure didn't take it as critical, though it would have been ok if it was (remember, opposing views are fine as long as said politely). We completely understand that there will be some people who will be excited, others upset, and some accepting but not liking it.

I don't want them to feel that we don't care or are not wanted here, not by the Hivewire team but by all of us here, because I am damn sure I am not the only one that feels this way.

I'm sure you aren't, too!

The items you show are perfect in use and great tested by your crew.

Thank you :). That will not change, by the way - products sold by us at DAZ will continue to go through our beta and QAV teams.

Hornet3d

Wise

Hornet3d said:
Basically my aim was not to be critical, more to say to everyone in this position that I accept the decision on both sides but accepting it does not mean I like it
I sure didn't take it as critical, though it would have been ok if it was (remember, opposing views are fine as long as said politely). We completely understand that there will be some people who will be excited, others upset, and some accepting but not liking it.

Thank you for taking the time to respond and putting my mind at rest.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Sorry...I think I got unsubscribed to this :)

You're welcome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.