• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: HiveWire 3D to publish Animals through DAZ 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Yep. I'm another (also baby boomer) who has a smart phone (a prepaid very inexpensive one), for emergencies, try to bring it when I go out (which is not a lot) and often forget it at home or leave it off. So I tell people that when they ask (as EVERYONE does) for my cell phone number in order to "be able to reach me" ;).

:) In relation to DIM packages, I meant making them available in addition to plain ZIP files.

Although the main content related questions are still, "Dude, Where's my content?", I'm seeing more questions like, "How do I install third party stuff into Smart Content?".

You could be missing out on an opportunity, especially with the newer Studio users who have not ventured into the wonderful world of setting up runtimes!:confused:

I understand what you're saying, but the best option for those people is to purchase something like the program mentioned above.

eclark1894

Visionary
I just got a smartphone. Had a cellphone before, but I washed it with the laundry. It wasn't waterproof. Today, I'm upgrading my cable as my cable modem went on the fritz todays ago. So I'm adding wifi for the internet, and I'm adding the voice phone option. I didn't want it, but I couldn't get the package price without it.;)

Dylan

Eager
My Dad travelled around the world twice when he was younger and when mobile phones didn't exist. He told me that each time, he and his friends just packed a bag each and got to the ferry and drove or hitched all around the place, even the USA and Australia. At one point they had to sell the car to get money for food, and they worked in different places to make ends meet. They didn't know what the places were like until they got there. Nowadays we can just look it all up on Google Maps before we go and he thinks that takes away from the excitement and uncertaintanty. Personally, I like to check it all out on the web before I go.

Last edited:

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hard for young people to imagine a world where mobile phones, the internet, etc, didn't exist, isn't it, Dylan? There's pros and cons to both with and without, I think.

Hornet3d

Wise
Hard for young people to imagine a world where mobile phones, the internet, etc, didn't exist, isn't it, Dylan? There's pros and cons to both with and without, I think.

There are certainly pros and cons, I think it is like a lot of things on the whole a good thing but in moderation as my grandmother would say (mind you she was certainly not talking about mobile phones the time). Always makes me laugh when I see films with the characters carrying one of those bricks, the very first Lethal Weapon is one film that springs to mind.

I did my apprenticeship in telecommunications, good grief they were the days, so many things long forgotten.............. like apprenticeships. I used to repair the pay phones that stood on the corner of every street, almost completely vanished her in the UK, still thinking of the pros, one less place for the drunks to use after a good night out.

I always used to be amazed at the changes my Grandparents had seen and now I find myself looking back at such vast changes in what seems not too many years and definitely very short ones.

Hornet3d

Wise
Yep. I'm another (also baby boomer) who has a smart phone (a prepaid very inexpensive one), for emergencies, try to bring it when I go out (which is not a lot) and often forget it at home or leave it off. So I tell people that when they ask (as EVERYONE does) for my cell phone number in order to "be able to reach me" ;).

I understand what you're saying, but the best option for those people is to purchase something like the program mentioned above.

Yea but you're Queen Bee, EVERYONE, is bound to ask for your cell phone number.

Daio

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
I am a baby boomer and I have a personal smart phone and a work smartphone. Both of which I have on me or next to me except when showering. I have the personal one with me at all time because my mother freaks out if she can't contact me - in the days before cellphones she once called the police because I was 30 minutes late getting home from the airport. I have the work one with me because I am one of the people who is on the call list for certain business crises. I have to admit I don't like being instantly available all the time and everywhere but its better than the alternatives.

The only way my nephew will communicate is by text. If I call him, I get grunts. If I text him I get long, interesting and articulate responses.

Hornet3d

Wise
I am a baby boomer and I have a personal smart phone and a work smartphone. Both of which I have on me or next to me except when showering. I have the personal one with me at all time because my mother freaks out if she can't contact me - in the days before cellphones she once called the police because I was 30 minutes late getting home from the airport. I have the work one with me because I am one of the people who is on the call list for certain business crises. I have to admit I don't like being instantly available all the time and everywhere but its better than the alternatives.

The only way my nephew will communicate is by text. If I call him, I get grunts. If I text him I get long, interesting and articulate responses.

The days when I was on call was during the period of the pager, I think I prefer that means of contact. You have reminded me to consider those that have to be available either due to work or because of others as to those for whom it is nothing short of an obsession.

BigCatYawn3.jpg

BigCatWalkOff.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
My cell phone usually sits in my backpack when at work though. It gets far more use as an alarm clock and recorder of the antics of Tsuki than it does as a method of communication. It gets far more use now that we telecommute two days a week at work since we either needed to use our cell phones or carry a work iPhone. I just wasn't about to carry two phones.

Is it because I'm a baby boomer? Don't think so. Baby boomers have sold their souls to that invasive little device too. Other than a very small circle of friends, I just don't feel a need to be in constant communication with anyone. Um ... or even with them. Probably that Sagittarius moon.
I'm pretty much the same, as my favorite app on my cellphone is the calendar, as I use it for reminders on a daily basis. The only time I text is once a week to let my trainer at the gym know I'm going to be there as scheduled. Every once in a while I'll get a text from a friend, but mostly they prefer to call my home phone.

As far as that phone's concerned, I only answer calls from folks I know. IOW, I let the answering machine pick up calls if I don't recognize the calling number, so I'm more apt to give people I don't really want to talk to the number of my home phone.

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm pretty much the same, as my favorite app on my cellphone is the calendar, as I use it for reminders on a daily basis. The only time I text is once a week to let my trainer at the gym know I'm going to be there as scheduled. Every once in a while I'll get a text from a friend, but mostly they prefer to call my home phone.

As far as that phone's concerned, I only answer calls from folks I know. IOW, I let the answering machine pick up calls if I don't recognize the calling number, so I'm more apt to give people I don't really want to talk to the number of my home phone.
Yeah, I was doing that long before the cellphone was common.

Hornet3d

Wise

Home phone wise I am the same, life is too short to spend my time talking to cold callers or those nice helpful people at Microsoft that ring to say they have noticed a virus on your computer and want to help you clear your bank account....sorry computer. Most my family know me well enough to know quickest way to get a message to me is email. Less important messages can be left on the answer machine.

My Mother-in-Law is always complaining about cold callers despite the fact she has an answer machine. I keep telling to ignore the phone but she just can't, if it rings she has to answer it.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't answer calls on my cell phone if it's out of state or I don't recognize the number. If it's anyone I know, the name comes up on the display. If it's unknown or just the phone number, I ignore it. Usually, there is no message left, which means ... it was a junk call.

A call phone isn't always just a convenience, it is a necessity in some situations. When I drove from Oregon to Florida about 25ish years ago, I'd made arrangements to spend a few nights with friends in Dallas/Ft Worth. Unfortunately, I was running late, so I stopped at every single rest area off the Interstate between Gallup, New Mexico (where I'd spent the night and a fortune replacing my brakes), and Dallas. If there were pay phones at any of those rest areas, I couldn't find them! It's the first time I'd been in a rest area where there weren't pay phones near the restrooms.

Back then, pay phones still existed ... though it wasn't uncommon for them to be broken. Pay phones just don't exist anymore. Or if they do, they are rarer than a four leaf clover.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
As recently as... sometime within the past decade there were something like a dozen pay phones on the boulevard in a block and a half. That *may* be an indication of how few people in the neighborhood paid for phone service. Or expected to stick around long enough in their apartments to want to pay to get it set up.

Now we're down to about four. No idea how many of them are functional. But I've seem people use the one at my bus stop a couple of times in the past year or so.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't answer calls on my cell phone if it's out of state or I don't recognize the number. If it's anyone I know, the name comes up on the display. If it's unknown or just the phone number, I ignore it. Usually, there is no message left, which means ... it was a junk call.
EXACTLY, though I usually get those type of calls on my home phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.