• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: HiveWire 3D to publish Animals through DAZ 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
You folks are all great. We're so grateful for the voices that are shared here. I love seeing the passion that comes out in statements that are posted.

As mentioned already, we do need Mythocentric, his talent and opinions. We also need tparo, for her talent and opinions. We want all of you to participate, and feel welcome here. It's human nature to say things or do things from time to time that can come across as biting, or having an edge. But as long as we can pull back from that and still get along, and have a respect for one another we should be just fine.

Please, please, continue to share. I don't usually post a lot in threads like these, but I do read them, and enjoy reading various thoughts and opinions. This all helps me learn more about you, and what is important, and rounds out my beliefs as well.

I also want to say a big thank you to Alisa. She makes time out of her busy day to stay on top of these forum threads, and lend support and answer so many great questions. Thanks Alisa.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
As mentioned already, we do need Mythocentric, his talent and opinions. We also need tparo, for her talent and opinions. We want all of you to participate, and feel welcome here. It's human nature to say things or do things from time to time that can come across as biting, or having an edge. But as long as we can pull back from that and still get along, and have a respect for one another we should be just fine.

to channel one C. Creek...

YEAH, BABY!!

Stezza

Dances with Bees
you know you want to :cool:

upload_2017-7-13_15-5-59.png

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
so they can wave their canes and gnash their dentures

I only wave my can and gnash my dentures at very special occasions.

Its amazing how one program clicks for one person and another program doesn't and the other program is easy-peasy for a different person and they can't get their head around the one you can. Every one learns differently and comprehends things differently.

Isn't it though?!
I started out with Daz because it was free and I've been fighting with that darn ball every time I open the software. When I got Poser it worked like a charm for me, right from the start. I purchased content at Daz, played in Poser and uploaded my very first piece of art at RDNA. And the party was awesome while it lasted but things do change.
Nothing stays the same, you can not step into the same river twice.
I have no real personal relationship with Daz, never had. They always kept everything business and that's fine by me.
I did have a nice nest at RDNA - and I was a little sad to see it go - but it was nothing like here. The Hive is very different.
And I'm enjoying the ride to the fullest but I do have to realize that one day this will end just the same.
Maybe I will stop with 3D before any of you, who knows. I've learned to live in the moment, take the good and leave the bad. So I will still play in Poser, buy at Daz, upload artwork here and keep fighting with that darn ball in DazStudio untill......yeah,....untill I no longer find it fun to do.

Hornet3d

Wise
I did just that! Which is why I have owies on both sides of my mouth instead of just one side.

I also discovered I still need to be very cautious brushing the tooth that now has a crown. The gums below the crown both inside and outside are rather tender.

I need more ice cream :p

Seems a great excuse for chocolate coated ice cream or one of the really fancy ones which, due to my diabetes, I can only look at.

Hornet3d

Wise
Hornet, as one of the original three moderators here, I've always found it incredibly easy to moderate. Like ... seriously. I've not once ever had to pull out a big stick ... much less a flimsy little twig.

I was a mod (or rather, a sysop, which is what we were known as back then) a good ... um ... 30 or 40 years ago? where I was CONSTANTLY pulling posts and warning members they needed to stop or they would be banned. I'm not sure if any of us liked when we had duty in that particular forum which was in the "kiddy" area of the site. To this day, I still have issues with Brad Pitt, because the worst offender used that as his name. Shoot ... for all I know, maybe he was the real Brad Pitt :wink:

I'm almost at a loss too to understand how HiveWire works sooo well with so little moderation. I believe it's a combination of the light touch in moderation; the influence of Chris, Lisa, and Alisa; and the members who are absolutely fabulous.

Quite possibly it might even be that HiveWire seems to have a reputation of not allowing the nastiness found elsewhere to happen here, and should anyone who thrives on being nasty and negative toward HiveWire step foot within our doors, they will be immediately banned for their lifetime. I'm not sure where that comes from, because I've never seen any indication that anyone isn't welcome here. It's only that behavior that isn't welcome here.

I can only recall one instance where moderation was actually applied, if it can be called moderation. If I recall correctly is was someone complaining about the rules here regarding nudity and violence and a team member replied with a full explanation of why the rules were as they were. This did not seem to satisfy the person in question and the response to the explanation, I thought, was a little sharp. The team member replied along the lines of suggesting that they were entitled to their view but as that was their view and they felt strongly about it Hivewire was probably not the sort of place they would be happy.

I don't remember the exact words but I do remember it was such a nice way to keep to the Hive principles without being over bearing. I think that else where it would either been ignored or handled in a much more heavy handed manner.

Hornet3d

Wise
lol, Rae!

Well, I know we do have the reputation at other places of being "nice" which is said by some people with distain. I think it's awesome, and those who don't clearly realize that unless they tone things down and behave, they are NOT welcome to post here. I don't think we've had to ban anyone other than obvious trolls.

I have seen the description of nice applied to here and not in a favorable manner. I have also seen it claimed that being so nice prevents meaningful discussions and stops people giving honest views. Ironically these claims are normally made on forums where threads are locked on a regular basis sometimes with similar titles to threads here that seem to run and run. Reading this particular thread should be enough to convince anyone that being nice does not stop a, sometimes heated, debate. The difference is you can have an adult debate and people respect your view and try hard not to make it personal.

For quite a while I wondered how anywhere could be too nice but then I saw post, elsewhere I will make clear, where people openly admitted they love a flame war, saw it as entertainment and if it looked like cooling were not adverse to adding more coal to the fire. I don't understand the fun, it quickly became useless as they just went round in circles. It did however answer the question as to why some would think a place could be 'too nice'.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Reading this particular thread should be enough to convince anyone that being nice does not stop a, sometimes heated, debate. The difference is you can have an adult debate and people respect your view and try hard not to make it personal.
Right!

For quite a while I wondered how anywhere could be too nice but then I saw post, elsewhere I will make clear, where people openly admitted they love a flame war, saw it as entertainment and if it looked like cooling were not adverse to adding more coal to the fire. I don't understand the fun, it quickly became useless as they just went round in circles. It did however answer the question as to why some would think a place could be 'too nice'.
YIKES!
That give me the willy nillies. And I'm sure that some people find it fun, just like some people find smashing mailboxes fun or sending out email viruses, right?

If this is an unsubtle hint that Hivewire should start offering DIM format, I would like to second that!
Hi, prixat, and welcome to the Hive if I've not welcomed you already!

Nope, it was just a "here's a product you can buy that will put products in DIM format" and we're happy to link to that product for those who want to use it. I don't want to burst your bubble, but I don't want you thinking that we're going to start putting HiveWire products in DIM Format, because we are not. DIM is a format meant for DAZ's installer product for their company's products. We use normal zip files, and we have instructions (and people who will be happy to help) on how to install your products in both Poser and DAZ Studio):

How to install and find your HiveWire 3D content in Poser
How to install and find your HiveWire 3D content in DAZ Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.