• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: HiveWire 3D to publish Animals through DAZ 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lianam

Eager
I have been so busy this spring and summer on the farm I have hardly ventured here or Daz really. I have not even bought stuff in a long while mostly because my farm is eating up my money in repairs and fixing. Ha! I got the newsletter for your animals being sold at Daz. I hope it works out well for Hivewire.
I know over at Daz this winter people have been wanting new or upgrade animals from what Daz has. I have posted pics of renders with hivewire people and animals at Daz in my art thread. They are still there and people who ventured to the thread knew where they came from. :) I know of and heard all the stories from I think both ends now so to speak. I take it all with a grain of salt. Business and competition is harsh even in farming believe me I know it can be very cut throat. Farmers are not always helpful and nice to each other. I wish Hivewire good luck. I will buy where ever the animals are and I have the cash. I have a big wish list and it keeps growing. :)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Vegemite disgusting?! Hmmm.....I'm Dutch, we eat raw fish

ugh...

This is what I always adored about you in the Hive: all this community is special and sweet and so unique, like a dear little family.
Please stay always like this. <3 Love you all

Awwww, and we love you, too!

To all of our community, our customer, our CAs, and the HiveWire Team...
:grouphug:

Ghostman

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Grouphug.gif

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Okay, then. Now I understand. So now I wonder if anyone making add-ons for the animals will sell them here at Hivewire or at DAZ?

As I understand it, no, we are not required to sell add-ons/supporting content over there. As far as I understand this, the Hivewire "official" animals will be sold exclusively through Daz from this point forward, however Hivewire retains full ownership of their animals - they're just signing on as a vendor, nothing more.

And CA's who produce content that supports the animals can sell here or there, or anywhere else they want to.

That's how I understand it, Earl. If I make for instance, poses for Harry, or the big cat - you can guarantee - I will sell them here. Not over there. :)

Though I am thinking about that freebie idea someone mentioned earlier in the thread, too...

James R.

Busy Bee
All this talk of vegemite and now I've got this going through my head...

Buying bread from a man in Brussels
He was six foot four and full of muscle
I said, "Do you speak-a my language?"
He just smiled and gave me a Vegemite sandwich
And he said...

(you know the rest ;))

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Please understand, we are not encouraging our CAs to move all their products to DAZ or to sell new ones there. It's always your option (though it hasn't been an option at DAZ for Animal addons before the animals were there) to sell here and/or elsewhere, but of course we want to continue to have products from our awesome CAs at our store!

On the product page at our store, it will link to our store page for the required item, just as always, and that page will link to the DAZ product page.

eclark1894

Visionary
Please understand, we are not encouraging our CAs to move all their products to DAZ or to sell new ones there. It's always your option (though it hasn't been an option at DAZ for Animal addons before the animals were there) to sell here and/or elsewhere, but of course we want to continue to have products from our awesome CAs at our store!

On the product page at our store, it will link to our store page for the required item, just as always, and that page will link to the DAZ product page.
You guys have it all wrong. Since part of this whole thing was to gain more exposure for Hivewire, I was wondering if perhaps some of the DAZ vendors might be moved to make add-ons for the animals, but sell them over here.

I got up to 16 pages so I may have missed something, but I would just like to say that I came over from DAZ to buy the horse (and the cat) after reading glowing reports about it on the DAZ forums a few months ago. So now I come over here regularly to check out what is available and decide what to purchase. I understand why people are nervous about it, but your horse brought me over here and I hope this deal will make more people aware of your excellent products.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I was wondering if perhaps some of the DAZ vendors might be moved to make add-ons for the animals, but sell them over here.
Somehow, I don't think they would want to. Of course, I could be proven wrong, but the animals will be selling through DAZ, so why would a DAZ vendor come here to sell an addon for a product being sold there?

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
I got up to 16 pages so I may have missed something, but I would just like to say that I came over from DAZ to buy the horse (and the cat) after reading glowing reports about it on the DAZ forums a few months ago. So now I come over here regularly to check out what is available and decide what to purchase. I understand why people are nervous about it, but your horse brought me over here and I hope this deal will make more people aware of your excellent products.
Thank you for the kind words Genny, and welcome to the HiveWire forums. ;)

Last edited:

eclark1894

Visionary
Somehow, I don't think they would want to. Of course, I could be proven wrong, but the animals will be selling through DAZ, so why would a DAZ v0endor come here to sell an addon for a product being sold there?
Well, the whole point of this exercise, as I understand the gist of it, is to gain more exposure for Hivewire. I'm assuming theat Hivewire is hoping that this will drive more traffic here. So perhaps a vendor who didn't know about Hivewire or Dawn comes to inspect the store, sees the quality of the animals, and perhaps they'll decide hey, why not?

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
You guys have it all wrong. Since part of this whole thing was to gain more exposure for Hivewire, I was wondering if perhaps some of the DAZ vendors might be moved to make add-ons for the animals, but sell them over here.

Who knows? There are a lot of wonderful CAs over at DAZ. Many of them do, in fact, sell at both places and others as well. While of course, we love having things in our store, HiveWire wants to be supportive of any add-ons to our products no matter where they're sold. Thus the "Across the Community" forum Chris & Lisa chose to have.

Aw, that's so sweet! Welcome to the Hive!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I also wonder how many DAZ PAs (who once created Poser content) will create addons for the animals for Poser.

I'd love to see them do so. A constant influx of new Poser content (easily found of course) in the DAZ store could go a long way to restoring faith in DAZ for some Poser users.

anikad

New-Bee
Out of curiosity, with the name change for the Daz store. HW3D - is there domain to go with this, which helpfully redirects here?

Miss B

CV-BEE
Not that I'm aware of anikad, and I don't see that it's necessary because, I believe, the ReadMe file, if it's left in the DAZ setup of the files for DIM, will have the full HiveWire 3D domain name.

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
Somehow, I don't think they would want to. Of course, I could be proven wrong, but the animals will be selling through DAZ, so why would a DAZ vendor come here to sell an addon for a product being sold there?

Saioness ( never can remember the correct spelling) already asked about doing so. She makes amazing skins and has a devout fan base so would help with exposure!
People were also speculating on the cool things Raw art might do.I hope some of them come over and look at the How the Hivewire horse came to be thread and get inspired!!!!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
I also wonder how many DAZ PAs (who once created Poser content) will create addons for the animals for Poser.

I'd love to see them do so. A constant influx of new Poser content (easily found of course) in the DAZ store could go a long way to restoring faith in DAZ for some Poser users.

Provided of course that they create content for Daz AND Poser Satira. Given the RDNA debacle and it's consequent fallout, I honestly wouldn't hold my breath! As for restoring faith in Daz for Poser users, when you're starting at Ground Zero that's a very big ask and I wouldn't expect to see it anytime soon, if ever! There's a lot of very disillusioned people out there, and while it's always nice to have extra dollars in the bank, reputation is much more ephemeral based as it is on perception, and is a lot harder to restore!

Reactions: ben
Status
Not open for further replies.