• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: HiveWire 3D to publish Animals through DAZ 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Saioness ( never can remember the correct spelling) already asked about doing so. She makes amazing skins and has a devout fan base so would help with exposure!
People were also speculating on the cool things Raw art might do.I hope some of them come over and look at the How the Hivewire horse came to be thread and get inspired!!!!
Oh man, I'd love to see what Rawn would come up with.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Well, that was about 3 days and now the cats and the promo sale are off the main banner..

bet they don't put all the removed posts back up now the release date has well and truly passed!

funny how they are now pushing the dragon... will we see a new HW3D dragon released soon I wonder ... hmmmm

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Saioness ( never can remember the correct spelling) already asked about doing so. She makes amazing skins and has a devout fan base so would help with exposure!
People were also speculating on the cool things Raw art might do.I hope some of them come over and look at the How the Hivewire horse came to be thread and get inspired!!!!
Would love to see Raw Art skins on Rukus!

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Well, that was about 3 days and now the cats and the promo sale are off the main banner..

bet they don't put all the removed posts back up now the release date has well and truly passed!

funny how they are now pushing the dragon... will we see a new HW3D dragon released soon I wonder ... hmmmm

Daz 'push' whatever the day's releases are. I don't think the HW dragon is close to release yet.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Provided of course that they create content for Daz AND Poser Satira. Given the RDNA debacle and it's consequent fallout, I honestly wouldn't hold my breath! As for restoring faith in Daz for Poser users, when you're starting at Ground Zero that's a very big ask and I wouldn't expect to see it anytime soon, if ever! There's a lot of very disillusioned people out there, and while it's always nice to have extra dollars in the bank, reputation is much more ephemeral based as it is on perception, and is a lot harder to restore!

There are a lot of things here at HiveWire that only work in either DS or Poser. If Poser users continue to refuse to buy from Daz and do little but throw insults around why would the PA's create for Poser, you can't expect people to spend there time create for Poser if they don't see any reward for their work, you have to be prepared to support the vendors or they won't create.

Hornet3d

Wise
I read it here in another thread. Can't remember which one, but some of the members were talking about how DAZ sales are down and some other stuff.

I really do not want to start a war but in fairness to you, you are correct it was mentioned earlier thread. I am not sure which forum. I have no real knowledge to the accuracy other than to say that for me at least, it came from a credible source.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh, I supported the DAZ PAs who created Poser content. Far too much over my budget every single month. The only thing that kept me from going massively in debt is my refusal to use credit cards for other than $500+ items that I will then pay off within the month.

All other expenses have to come out of my checking account.

I stopped purchasing at DAZ and from DAZ PAs because they no longer offered content I could use. It's as simple as that. In addition, DAZ really is built around the PC subscription model. But that subscription is only effective if there is content you can purchase. For a year, I spent more on the subscription then I saved. So ... it became a no brainer that DAZ wasn't the store for me.

I'd be highly surprised based on comments from DAZ PAs when we begged them to PLEASE continue to support Poser if those PAs began to support Poser again. If they didn't see a need to retain us, I can't see them seeing a need to try to get us back.

It's next to impossible to win back a customer you have lost. Most successful companies understand this. There is a lot of information out there on strategies to win back lost customers. None of which DAZ has ever done.

Hornet3d

Wise
Oh, I supported the DAZ PAs who created Poser content. Far too much over my budget every single month. The only thing that kept me from going massively in debt is my refusal to use credit cards for other than $500+ items that I will then pay off within the month.

All other expenses have to come out of my checking account.

I stopped purchasing at DAZ and from DAZ PAs because they no longer offered content I could use. It's as simple as that. In addition, DAZ really is built around the PC subscription model. But that subscription is only effective if there is content you can purchase. For a year, I spent more on the subscription then I saved. So ... it became a no brainer that DAZ wasn't the store for me.

I'd be highly surprised based on comments from DAZ PAs when we begged them to PLEASE continue to support Poser if those PAs began to support Poser again. If they didn't see a need to retain us, I can't see them seeing a need to try to get us back.

It's next to impossible to win back a customer you have lost. Most successful companies understand this. There is a lot of information out there on strategies to win back lost customers. None of which DAZ has ever done.

I still buy from Daz but only when there is something I want that works in Poser without jumping through hoops. In that respect I am supporting the those creating for Poser. There a others there that I used to buy from regularly, and I mean regularly, until they dropped Poser support.

I have no issue buying from Daz but I also respect those who say they won't buy from there, I have the same feeling it is just for a different Marketplace.

It's still there, and will be until at least Sunday; what's throwing you off is that the Hivewire3D Big Cats isn't the main focus of the promotion.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
I really do not want to start a war but in fairness to you, you are correct it was mentioned earlier thread. I am not sure which forum. I have no real knowledge to the accuracy other than to say that for me at least, it came from a credible source.

Sorry but I don't consider that a credible source it's little more than hearsay.
Daz vendors I have spoken too don't seem to be aware of this so called problem.

eclark1894

Visionary
Sorry but I don't consider that a credible source it's little more than hearsay.
Daz vendors I have spoken too don't seem to be aware of this so called problem.
Tparo, I'm not taking sides, but in all fairness, you can't dismiss someone's source as hearsay, just because the source you're getting your hearsay from hasn't heard about it.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Tparo, I'm not taking sides, but in all fairness, you can't dismiss someone's source as hearsay, just because the source you're getting your hearsay from hasn't heard about it.

But also can't consider it fact, which seems to be how its being considered here.

Status
Not open for further replies.