• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: HiveWire 3D to publish Animals through DAZ 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willowisp

Adventurous
Never tried Vegemite, but my British partner sometimes brings home Marmite, and I find it to be absolutely disgusting! lol

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I will support you wherever you sell. Good luck, I hope it means more sales, your animals are simply fabulous! Now... what about a dog! :D
:yeahthat:
Preferably a dachshund but that is a total objective suggestion and has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that we own a dachshund at all.

Vegemite disgusting?! Hmmm.....I'm Dutch, we eat raw fish

Tempesta3d

Crazy Cat Lady
Contributing Artist
Hey, Tempesta - so good to see you here!! Yeah, I love that Bashir avatar, too!!

I am always following the Hive, like the good family spoiled fat cat that I am :) you guys were and always will be AMAZING and sooo nice and I adore what you create ... so obviously I will always support your products and you as people.

This news had my furry skin crawl a little, then I purred happy to know that you are not selling. I totally understand the move and I hope your gorgeous animals will sell like crazy and you finally have more and more ppl understanding how wonderful you are.

You know me, I am a lazy quiet happy cat and so my ideal world would be enjoying all together the 3d art without wars between programs and nasty competition (not the good competition that pushes us to improve).
This is what I always adored about you in the Hive: all this community is special and sweet and so unique, like a dear little family.
Please stay always like this. <3 Love you all

ben

Inspired
Hmm. Well that was quite unexpected to read.
I'm not really sure HW will get the exposure they hope for as the turn around on daz is so rapid.
You used to get at least one big weekly promotion of say a figure or scene release but now you're lucky if the top bar Promotional Banner lasts a day and then items have dropped of the what's new and front pages within days.
Anyway - I wish you well with it all.

If Daz really wanted the Poser users back they'd make a new Poser figure and not just want them to convert to daz studio.

eclark1894

Visionary
I do have a question that maybe somebody can answer. I figure Hivewire to be a special case maybe because they do have their own store to run, so does anyone know if when DAZ says to a vendor "exclusivity", does that mean that vendor can sell nothing they make NOWHERE else but DAZ , or does that just mean that whatever they make that DAZ sells can ONLY be sold at DAZ?

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
:yeahthat:
Preferably a dachshund but that is a total objective suggestion and has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that we own a dachshund at all.

Vegemite disgusting?! Hmmm.....I'm Dutch, we eat raw fish

I did hear about that! LOL
Awe dachshund would be soo cute!! But then I would have to have the hot dog costume to go with him!! :)

Ghostman

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
I do have a question that maybe somebody can answer. I figure Hivewire to be a special case maybe because they do have their own store to run, so does anyone know if when DAZ says to a vendor "exclusivity", does that mean that vendor can sell nothing they make NOWHERE else but DAZ , or does that just mean that whatever they make that DAZ sells can ONLY be sold at DAZ?
That the product that is sold at Daz can only be sold there.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
It's only what they make and sell at Daz that is exclusive. Vyhkothria also sells at Rendo and Daz, but her products at Daz are exclusive to Daz and are not carried at Rendo.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder

Both. Daz has agreements with some vendors who are under contract to only produce for Daz in exchange for a guaranteed monthly check. These artists are exclusive to Daz in brand and in product.

Other artists, like Virtual World for example - she sells at Daz and at HiveWire and perhaps Renderosity, too. Only the products at Daz are exclusive to Daz.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Both. Daz has agreements with some vendors who are under contract to only produce for Daz in exchange for a guaranteed monthly check. These artists are exclusive to Daz in brand and in product.

Other artists, like Virtual World for example - she sells at Daz and at HiveWire and perhaps Renderosity, too. Only the products at Daz are exclusive to Daz.
Now that you mention it ! You're right! I think I remember something along the lines of being an exclusive Daz Vendor!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Okay, then. Now I understand. So now I wonder if anyone making add-ons for the animals will sell them here at Hivewire or at DAZ?

Thanks also: Lisa and NapalmArsenal.
Well that would be their choice as a vendor, but know if you put them into Daz you can't put them anywhere else. At least here you have the option of selling exclusively or branching out to other stores.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
FWIW I will be "premiering" any of my new add-on products here and then possibly moving them to Daz later on.
I rather like this idea! It also lets you as a vendor know if you would like to make changes if/before moving them over. Also what may do really well here might not go over that well at Daz.

Status
Not open for further replies.