• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nataani for Dusk

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Pen, what is the process for trying to make the INJ out of the .CR2? Because at this point, there is NO other possible way I can see for this to work, and at the moment, I'm not even holding my breath on that, but I'm willing to try it.
When I did Diva, I exported the cr2 and then opened the file in notepad. The biggest job is removing the stuff you don't need...

I can have a look at Nataani and see if I can tell you what you need to keep...you might want to email/pm Paul and ask him for some advice. Just waking up here it's still not 6am but couldn't sleep...I'll post more when I'm properly awake.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The only thing I can suggest is, have someone test it in P11 to be sure it's only your installation, and if it's the version, and not just your copy, then you could possibly release it for P9/2012 through P10/2014GD.

Yep. Skylab was kind enough to offer to test the INJ on her non-Pro11 workstation for me. She ran into pretty much the same behavior I was getting, so it's definitely not a corrupt program installation on my end or anything like that.

Also, I'm still talking with GG, and it's looking like I just might need to do this from a .cr2, rather than Satira's .pz2 method.

Just my2¢ FWIW.

It's worth a lot more than that, Miss B. :)

When I did Diva, I exported the cr2 and then opened the file in notepad. The biggest job is removing the stuff you don't need...

I can have a look at Nataani and see if I can tell you what you need to keep...you might want to email/pm Paul and ask him for some advice. Just waking up here it's still not 6am but couldn't sleep...I'll post more when I'm properly awake.

Yeah, I'm looking into how to do this from a .cr2; I'm sure there's a tutorial around somewhere on how to do it..

If I can't get the .cr2 method to work, then a contact out to Paul is probably in order, yes. Don't stress trying to wake up faster than your body wants to. Not on my account. :)

Thanks, Pen!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Okay...had a quick look. Your injection is going to be a bit different to mine as I had custom morphs...I have to go shopping(saturday morning here) but when I get back I'll see if I can put something together for you.

Trick is to get rid of all the geometry and weightmaps first. Then to get rid of anything Nataani isn't actually using but you also need to create the code for it to inject...still getting my head around the differences as in mine I had to create the morphs using CreateFBM whereas you shouldn't need to do this, as you're using dials.

Don't forget to remove the other morphs when you are creating the cr2 otherwise it will be more to remove. I forgot when I did my export earlier...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Just having a quick play before we leave and I think I know why Netherworks Toy box didn't work for you. Offset B's for scaling are dialed and I don't think it would transfer those...at least it didn't do the offset A's that I needed for Diva.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OK Seliah, Sky showed me the list of instructions you gave her for testing Natanni's INJ/REM files, and she mentioned, or at least it seemed to me, that she was posing Dusk before loading anything else in the scene, including Natanni's INJ.

As I mentioned in her thread, I've seen folks post about this sort of thing, and not just in Poser, and I think, though I'll have to test a few different characters myself to be sure, but I know I always load everything into the scene, including the character (Dusk), character INJ (Natanni), clothes, hair, shoes, whathaveyou, and THEN I chose a pose for him. If it was a female character, my last step would be to apply a foot pose, if she'll be wearing high-heeled shoes.

I'm wondering if the sequence you're using is the problem. I will test and let you know, though I don't know what I have as far as Dusk characters, but I'll definitely check with Dawn.

skylab

Esteemed
I'll mention again, I think the point of testing in that sequence was finding out if applying the INJ returned everything to zero...that was the information she wanted...and the only way to know that information was to apply a simple pose and then watch the effect applying the INJ would have on the figure. She was especially interested in the x,z translation....because I would assume any poses she created with Nataani would be affected if it was failing because of the head resource kit. She just wants everything to work, no matter what sequence is used...or this is at least my understanding of the problem, and her need for others getting involved for beta testing...to see if we were getting the same errors as she was getting. This is the same issue she's been struggling with for weeks. The results I got today on Poser 11 standard were both hands were okay, no distortion, the body morph was fine, the facial morphs did not apply at all except it seemed the head size may have been wider, otherwise it looked like Dusk instead of Nataani....and when the INJ was applied, everything returned to zero pose, instead of showing the Nataani morph. Here's the picture of the results...so applying INJ would yield only a dwarf version of Dusk, not Nataani, regardless of whether he was posed or not...so the pose wasn't the issue exactly, it was just easier to track changes in behavior of the INJ if a pose was applied.

dusk1.jpg

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
OK Seliah, Sky showed me the list of instructions you gave her for testing Natanni's INJ/REM files, and she mentioned, or at least it seemed to me, that she was posing Dusk before loading anything else in the scene, including Natanni's INJ.

As I mentioned in her thread, I've seen folks post about this sort of thing, and not just in Poser, and I think, though I'll have to test a few different characters myself to be sure, but I know I always load everything into the scene, including the character (Dusk), character INJ (Natanni), clothes, hair, shoes, whathaveyou, and THEN I chose a pose for him. If it was a female character, my last step would be to apply a foot pose, if she'll be wearing high-heeled shoes.

I'm wondering if the sequence you're using is the problem. I will test and let you know, though I don't know what I have as far as Dusk characters, but I'll definitely check with Dawn.

Yeah, the thing is, that a morph should change ONLY the SHAPE of the figure - and nothing else. If it changes the pose or anything other than the shape, it was made incorrectly, and QA would (rightly so) fail the morph injection on those grounds.

If I have a figure that's been posed and translated around the scene, and I apply a morph to it - the LAST thing I want to happen, is to have the figure return to zero pose and zero world position. And for the folks who do all of their posing by hand, rather than just loading a pose preset from the library, that sort of behavior would be especially infuriating.

I'll mention again, I think the point of testing in that sequence was finding out if applying the INJ returned everything to zero...that was the information she wanted...and the only way to know that information was to apply a simple pose and then watch the effect applying the INJ would have on the figure.

She just wants everything to work, no matter what sequence is used...or this is at least my understanding of the problem, and her need for others getting involved for beta testing...to see if we were getting the same errors as she was getting.

Correct. The morph should work - without altering anything except the shape - no matter WHAT sequence of actions is used by the person on the other end. If it changes the world position or body pose, it's not made correctly. If it changes anything other than the shape, no matter what sequence the tasks are performed in, then it's not made correctly.

Just having a quick play before we leave and I think I know why Netherworks Toy box didn't work for you. Offset B's for scaling are dialed and I don't think it would transfer those...at least it didn't do the offset A's that I needed for Diva.

Yeah, I'm not using the Toy Box... I actually don't own his toy box script. And at present, his items have already been removed from the RDNA catalog. This is the Netherworks script that I'm talking about - it comes stock with Poser 11 standard :

upload_2016-4-15_21-52-5.png

Trick is to get rid of all the geometry and weightmaps first. Then to get rid of anything Nataani isn't actually using but you also need to create the code for it to inject...still getting my head around the differences as in mine I had to create the morphs using CreateFBM whereas you shouldn't need to do this, as you're using dials.

So, similar process to what I'm doing when making an INJ from a pose (pz2) file, just that in a .cr2 there is a LOT MORE information to remove?

Don't forget to remove the other morphs when you are creating the cr2 otherwise it will be more to remove. I forgot when I did my export earlier...

When saving the .cr2 to edit, the only morph packages I have loaded on Dusk are the ones that his settings make use of. The problem there is that he uses basically ALL of the Dusk morph packs, with the only exception being the Expressions package. Those are not loaded on Dusk when I save the .cr2.

@Miss B - What was the name of that alternative notepad application you liked? It looks like that's one download that somehow didn't make it onto my backup drives before my internal HD bricked itself, and I'm wanting to install it again. Wordpad is okay for editing a .pz2 file, but a .cr2 slows it down to a crawl, and I'm hoping that program will handle the weight of a .cr2 file a little bit better...

-------------------------

By the way... thank you, thank you, thank you VERY much, all of you for helping out. I really was ready to throw the whole thing into the trash can last night/early this morning. I'm still making his material files in case I can't get the .cr2 method to work for making his shape injection. But anyway - I did just want to say thank you for all the help. :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yes, that looks exactly like what I have in my Scripts menu on P11. I tried that method, too, and it failed to inject any of the head morphs. :)

Edited to add : I also do own a copy of the "Premium" version of this script, but I had the same issue with the output from that one as I did with the one that's included with P11.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yeah, I'm not using the Toy Box... I actually don't own his toy box script. And at present, his items have already been removed from the RDNA catalog. This is the Netherworks script that I'm talking about - it comes stock with Poser 11 standard :

View attachment 8069

So, similar process to what I'm doing when making an INJ from a pose (pz2) file, just that in a .cr2 there is a LOT MORE information to remove.
Pretty much that's it...I've been having a quick play. One question what do I have to inject prior to Nataani? Just the resource kit or do I need the starter morphs?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
What I'm doing isn't working...sorry Seliah...ask Paul and he will help. Using dialed morphs is very different to what I was doing. I just had to delete anything that didn't refer to my morphs but yours is a lot more difficult to do...so sorry I can't help!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
What I'm doing isn't working...sorry Seliah...ask Paul and he will help. Using dialed morphs is very different to what I was doing. I just had to delete anything that didn't refer to my morphs but yours is a lot more difficult to do...so sorry I can't help!

Yeah. As far as I know, Dusk's rigging would not have been affected with Nataani's morph, as he's just a dialed shape, not custom sculpted or anything like that.

I will probably try to send an email or something either tonight or tomorrow.

As far as the morphs that Nataani uses... groans. He uses everything except for the Visemes, so :

Base morphs
Starter morphs
Head Shapes
Body Shapes
Resource Kit (shows as "RKDuskHeadMorphINJ" inside of the Poser library)

His shape really did need bits and pieces from ALL of the packages to achieve. LOL

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
No problem..I had loaded all those in the end but what I was getting didn't look like Nataani so I was doing something wrong some how. Paul is very helpful that is how I got Diva into Poser.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yep; I'll contact him either later tonight or tomorrow. In the meantime, I'm going to sign off for a little bit to go eat something. :)

Thanks again for trying, Pen. ^_^

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
@Miss B - What was the name of that alternative notepad application you liked? It looks like that's one download that somehow didn't make it onto my backup drives before my internal HD bricked itself, and I'm wanting to install it again. Wordpad is okay for editing a .pz2 file, but a .cr2 slows it down to a crawl, and I'm hoping that program will handle the weight of a .cr2 file a little bit better...
The one I like the best, which I use for everything but my web/html coding as I have software specific for that, is NoteTab Lite. There's a standard version and Pro version, neither of which are very expensive, but the Lite, which is free, is great. I have it open all day when I'm online, because there's always something I want to remember, so I use it to make little notes, even if they're temporary.

You can get it here --> Download NoteTab. Scroll down and on the left are 2 links. One for the "trial" version, and one for the "light" version, which is the one you want to download. The "button" type link is for an EXE, but there are text links there for zips, which is usually what I use.

That said, what you should save your pennies for next, is this wonderful app from Dimension3D at R'osity. I absolutely love it --> Poser File Editor 3. It's not cheap, but it's wonderful, and you can edit everything but a .pz3 file. For that you'd need something else. I use this for editing cr2, pz2 and mc6 files. What's great about it is, it's like the Poser Hierarchy Editor, so sections can be collapsed and expanded. That way you're not scrolling through a very looooooooooog text file looking for a couple of things. I'm a huge fan of Joe/Netherworks products, but I absolutely love the PFE for just what you're trying to do.

By the way... thank you, thank you, thank you VERY much, all of you for helping out. I really was ready to throw the whole thing into the trash can last night/early this morning. I'm still making his material files in case I can't get the .cr2 method to work for making his shape injection. But anyway - I did just want to say thank you for all the help. :)
You're quite welcome Seliah. I may have an ulterior motive to see you finish this, but I would hope folks would help me out when I need it, so I like to "pay it forward" as the saying (and movie title) goes. ;)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks, Miss B! :) I've got the note tab downloaded now.

I looked that other one over, and yes, it landed right on my wishlist. The hierarchy layout is the first thing I noticed. That makes it so much easier on my eyes... I don't have to worry so much about whether what I'm reading is actually the line above or below what I THINK that I'm reading... yes, I will grab it soon probably. I can't get it this week, but next week I will probably pick it up. Thank you! I don't exactly have a lot of Poser specific utilities like this, since I have not been a Poser artist since about version 7. :D