• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nataani for Dusk

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
SubD does not work on Poser Traditional skinning.

That would explain why it was grayed out originally! Thank you!

I think she has it set for uni mesh now. So the sub d should work...

Yes, Pen is correct. I have it set for Unimesh now. Again - thanks!

Oh - and I think I have the issue fixed with his neck. Set to Unimesh skinning, Sub-D set at 1, and I dialed down the head scale morph just a tiny bit... it was set at .062, and is now set to .040. I know that seems like a tiny amount at all, but when I dialed it out to zero, the difference was huge, so it definitely does add a lot to the proportion of Nataani's head in regards to the rest of his body.

Anyway. Sub-D at 1, head scale morph down to .040 from it's original .062, and Unimesh skinning... and this is what we've got... I think this is good for the neck problem :

Nataani Test 08.png

I think I'm happy with this as far as his neck. Now, I have to adjust his eye morphs a bit so that the skin of the brow is not interfering with the eyelids... but this is definitely some progress. :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Okay... I'm back on this now. There are STILL issues with the INJ file, and I am very, VERY close to taking a nod from the Face of Africa product and releasing ONLY the skin for the Poser side. I am out of ideas, and out of things to try. The majority of his morph is fine, but the right hand - and ONLY the right hand - scrunches up at the base of the fingers where they meet the rest of the hand. The mesh breaks. I don't know why. I don't know how. And there's nothing left for me to try at this point. I'm about ready to call the whole morph a total wash and throw it right in the trash can.

Poser does NOT like Nataani's shape. At all. Clothes don't fit him very well when using him from any kind of INJ - hand coded or NOT - his mesh breaks at the fingers of the right hand, and there is a spot behind the left ear (I have not checked the right ear to see if it happens there also) where you get a HOLE in the mesh when it renders.

Poser is just flat out NOT liking Nataani's morph. And I've about reached my limit of patience with this. I've had it.

At this juncture, unless someone can somehow magically figure out what the heck I'm doing wrong, the Poser version is going to end up being the skin only. I don't know what the heck I'm doing wrong, but everything I try fails, and I've had enough. I'm out of things to do, out of things to try, and out of patience to fight with it any longer. I've been fighting with this for at least two months now. I do not have anymore patience left for this.

I'm making semi-decent progress with skin. In all areas except for this spot behind the ear, the skin is looking okay at this point.

Closeup of the chest/torso (much closer than would normally be rendered, I know) :

Nataani Closeup 01.png

Closeup of his hand :

Nataani Closeup 02.png

And this is the issue I'm getting at the back of the ear. You'll note that I don't have ANY bump or normals set at all. I set both values down to 0.00 and then disconnected the nodes entirely, and this STILL happens :

upload_2016-4-14_23-18-56.png

All the above renders are in Firefly. Dusk is set to use the Poser Unimesh skinning method.

This does NOT happen under Superfly. Only in Firefly.

And THIS is what I'm fighting with on his right hand - the metacarpals/last two fingers area. The first image is what it looks like when RENDERED. The second image is what these fingers look like when NOT rendered.

Again - this is ONLY his right hand, and ONLY these two fingers/metacarpals area. No scale values have been set. All scales are at default values.

Hand 01.png

And the NOT rendered view :

Hand 02.png

I do notice that there are "offset" values set on the right hand and right metacarpals. However, the LEFT hand ALSO has "offset" values set, and as you can see in the very first render above, the left hand is NOT exhibiting this problem.

I'm at the end of my patience with this. Unless someone can help me figure out just what the heck I am doing wrong in trying to get this morph to work, I'm dropping the morph and will be releasing only the skin. I give up. I don't know what else to try. I'm out of ideas, and out of patience for this.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Damn! That sucks after all your efforts but I think you've given it a really good go, more than a really good go, an exceptionally good go.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I detest giving up on anything. But looking back, I've actually been fighting with his morph from as far back as February. I'm just out of things to try, and out of patience to keep fighting with it any longer.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Seliah...I wonder if the rigging has adjusted somehow? Have you tried creating your injection file by hand editing a cr2?

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Seliah...I wonder if the rigging has adjusted somehow? Have you tried creating your injection file by hand editing a cr2?

Yes. I did that the first time around; I followed Satira's instructions which involved starting with a pose file first, since Nataani does not have any custom sculpting in him. That INJ worked perfectly under P10. However, in P11, it failed to load any of the head morphs from Chris' resource kit (and yes I did have all the morphs injected into Dusk before applying the INJ), and it kept resetting Dusk back to zero position. It's not a rigging issue, I don't think. The hand-created .pz2 worked in P10, and did not work in P11.

Also the hand issue seen here is only on the right hand. And it is only on the injected Dusk. It does not appear on the .cr2 saved character where I dialed the morphs in. It only happens when I apply the INJ to a figure. It also does NOT happen if I hand-dial the morphs in on a new Dusk. It is ONLY when using an INJ file... any INJ with Nataani's morphs.

Last edited:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Bugger...if it's failing to load the morphs from the resource kit maybe the path needs to be looked at? And the setttings on those morphs? Is it possible to save it as a pose preset of some kind? Does it have to be an injection as it's dialed morphs?

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
They're dialed morphs, yes. So yes, it has to be an injection.

To clarify - I used Satira's method in the first INJ file, and it worked fine under Poser 10, but DID NOT work on Poser 11.

The reason I am having to make a new INJ is because A) the previous one was not injecting properly under P11, and B) I spotted an issue where part of the eye socket/eye orbit area was protruding downward through his eyelid, so I had to dial back a couple of settings to fix that.

I'm trying to hand-edit another INJ. But this is like the 10th or 12th one I've tried to do just today. I've been fighting with this morph since at LEAST Feb, and actually more like December, if I really go back to when I began trying to move him over to Poser. GG is taking a look at the INJ for me also - maybe she'll find something I either don't recognize or didn't see - but in the meantime I am trying ONE MORE TIME to make an INJ from scratch on this.

The morphs in Chris' head resource kit are dials. There is NO custom sculpting or anything like that on Nataani's shape; he is 100% dialed off of the morphs. So there's no reason that any of his rigging etc should have been altered with this. LOL

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Fair enough...was just throwing out things that might be of use. Good luck with the injection...

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Fair enough...was just throwing out things that might be of use. Good luck with the injection...

I understand. And I do appreciate it. :) I am just very frustrated with the entire process at the moment... it's one of the reasons I don't do characters for Poser normally, unless the INJs can be generated through IPB. And while I did try IPB with Nataani's INJ... well... again, it was Chris' resource kit morphs that it did not like, and was refusing to apply when the INJ was used. It just is not liking these morphs. :D

I probably won't finish this last INJ tonight; it's very late for me, and I will be logging off soon to at least try and catch a short nap or something. But I'll work on this while GG is looking things over on her end as well. Maybe one of us will get it working. LOL

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Fingers crossed...I hope you get it working!
Fingers, toes and legs!!

Yeah... no go. No dice at all. I completely re-made the INJ, entirely from hand, and once again, the INJ file IGNORES ALL OF THE MORPHS in the Head Resource Kit despite ALL of the morphs being present in the INJ file. AND it MOVES Dusk BACK to ZERO pose, and zero world center, AND it continues to scrunch up the mesh on Dusk's RIGHT hand ONLY, and ONLY when the shape is INJECTED rather than dialed in by hand.

Pen, what is the process for trying to make the INJ out of the .CR2? Because at this point, there is NO other possible way I can see for this to work, and at the moment, I'm not even holding my breath on that, but I'm willing to try it.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
It sounds to me like something is very different in poser 11… Any chance of the store allowing you to issue this for poser 10 and below? I personally am never going to upgrade to poser 11, I don't see any reason to when Poser Pro 2014 is rock-steady. All new software versions are buggy in glitchy in the beginning and truth be told in my opinion only- forcing people to make special texture settings for a render engine is ridiculous. Sorry for my rant… Just so anxious for your character. Still, I would be very happy to purchase this skin only for firefly renders!

I assume that area that has no texture on it behind his ear is in poser 11 ? are you on PC or Mac?

I feel for you completely as far as being forced to give up on a project because the software is fighting you- it's so frustrating!! but you cannot drive yourself crazy and be unable to move on to other things … hugs!!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It sounds to me like something is very different in poser 11… Any chance of the store allowing you to issue this for poser 10 and below?
I would be surprised if they refused to accept it for Poser 9, as Dusk is set up to work in Poser 9 and above.

That said, folks who are using Poser 11, and who don't have an earlier version of Poser installed, will have these problems. I still have my P9 installed, so wouldn't be a problem for me, but I don't know if all folks retain older versions past a transition period, and getting their Runtime moved over to the new version.

Sorry you're having so many problems with this Seliah, and I wish I knew enough to help you figure out what you can do to eliminate them. Only thing I can suggest is possibly PMing Paul/CGCubed and see if he has any suggestions as to what you can look at to try fixing them all.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It sounds to me like something is very different in poser 11… Any chance of the store allowing you to issue this for poser 10 and below?

I can't even feel comfortable giving out the P10 injection file because that file is also behaving the same way in P11 as all of the new INJs are. So I don't know if there's an issue in the INJ file, or if it's just P11 being bloody ridiculous.

I do NOT want P10 anywhere on this machine at this point. I am NOT willing to risk destroying another hard drive just to try and make a morph function like it's supposed to.

I assume that area that has no texture on it behind his ear is in poser 11 ? are you on PC or Mac?

Yup, this is in Poser 11 standard. And yes, I'm on a PC. I'm on Windows 7.

All new software versions are buggy in glitchy in the beginning and truth be told in my opinion only- forcing people to make special texture settings for a render engine is ridiculous.

Nataani actually does not NEED separate materials for Superfly. His materials are actually very, very basic, and they work the same in both Firefly and Superfly. In this case, there's no need for separate mat files. I'm not even worried about his materials right now - it's his blasted morph that is, quite frankly, ticking me off at this point.

I feel for you completely as far as being forced to give up on a project because the software is fighting you- it's so frustrating!! but you cannot drive yourself crazy and be unable to move on to other things … hugs!!

I'm going to give it a little time so that Pen has a chance to see my last post... and I will try one LAST time to produce an INJ file via a .cr2 instead. IF that does NOT work, then I am DONE with it. Period, end of story, no Poser morph conversion, he will be skin ONLY on the Poser side. Personally, I also think that something as basic as exporting as a morph injection has no business being a Pro-only feature. Daz Studio has been doing this (offering export of morph injections/shape presets) for a LONG time now, and that software is FREE.

Anyway. If I can figure out how to produce an INJ from the .cr2, I will see if that works. If that does NOT work, then I am DONE trying to make a Poser conversion of his morph, and he will be skin ONLY on the Poser side, and that's going to be that, because frankly, at this point, I'm fed up with this.

I'll try one last time from a .cr2, and that's going to be the make-or-break deciding factor. If it doesn't work, then there's NOT going to be a Poser morph. There will be a texture, but no morph.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Sorry you're having so many problems with this Seliah, and I wish I knew enough to help you figure out what you can do to eliminate them. Only thing I can suggest is possibly PMing Paul/CGCubed and see if he has any suggestions as to what you can look at to try fixing them all.

I dunno. I have to rule out of it's my copy of P11 misbehaving first... unfortunately, I can't do that unless there's another P11 standard (non-Pro) user who's able to test the INJ's function. Right now I just can't tell if the problem is in my copy of P11, or if the problem is P11 just flat out not cooperating with Chris' resource kit and the whole INJ thing for Dusk.

I might contact him anyway, because with this experience, I have some serious doubts about whether or not I would ever be able to produce a Poser character for Dusk or Dawn if they rely on the resource kit morphs. But as far as Nataani goes, I'm just at the end of my rope with it... if the .cr2 method doesn't work, I'm done. I'm tired of fighting with this morph at this point. I've been fighting with it literally for months now. Enough is enough.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I know how you feel, and can certainly understand the frustration. You've outdone yourself trying to get everything to work in Poser. The only thing I can suggest is, have someone test it in P11 to be sure it's only your installation, and if it's the version, and not just your copy, then you could possibly release it for P9/2012 through P10/2014GD. That way, when/if the problem can be worked out, then an update can always be released.

Just my2¢ FWIW.