• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nataani for Dusk

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yes, that's another one that I want to get my hands on eventually. To be honest, rigging in general makes my brain explode, as I just don't understand it yet... so that's yet another one of those "on the long list of things to learn" for me... LOL :D

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
The upgrade was sure a good move! And just at the right moment too for Nataani's Poser mats. Glad the hair is finally staying on your head where it belongs :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The upgrade was sure a good move! And just at the right moment too for Nataani's Poser mats. Glad the hair is finally staying on your head where it belongs :)

Yes, this version seems to have been a good move, as it's actually behaving the way the program ought to for a change. No complaints from me here, because with P10 I was almost ready to throw this whole thing into the trash can. LOL

I think I can do this with the new version, though. It seems workable. I'm actually starting to make some progress here, where I wasn't getting anywhere with P10 due to the constant crashes.

--------

Okay... so...

Firefly - full body view -
My apologies for the towel, but I don't seem to have Ken's briefs in Poser format, and I can't seem to get any clothing to actually fit Dusk without using full jeans that, frankly, defeat the purpose of the render. Note that the lights in use is just P11's default light rig.

Nataani Test 02.png

I did figure out what was causing the issue at the base of Dusk's neck... and to be honest, I'm not sure how to fix it. What it is, is the mesh doesn't seem to like the HeadScale in use. I dialed out the Head Scale option, and the weird kink in the sides of Dusk's neck immediately went away. The problem here, is I Dusk's head is, frankly, too dang small at it's default scale when you add in Nataani's body morphs, and he really does need to have the head scale increased slightly.

I am also having issues with the INJ file that I have to sort out. In P10, the INJ file seems to work fine. However, in P11, when I apply the INJ file to Dusk, it fails to properly inject the head shape, and I end up with this weird half-Dusk, half-Nataani mix of a headshape, with the jaw hanging open slightly. Not cool at all. LOL

I also have to fix an issue with the eyes, and skin from the forehead poking through the eyelids. That's just going to be a matter of my adjusting the morphs around his eyes area... we really don't have a good way to properly control the epicanthic folds, so I think I ended up with that mesh issue due to having to over-dial some of the epicanthic fold morphs.

At the moment, I'm working on the materials, so I'm just using my saved .cr2 for Nataani. I'll have to re-make his INJ/REM regardless, I think, to deal with the head issue.

The body is applying just fine, and if I had to guess, it's the morphs in Chris' head morph resource kit that are failing to apply correctly in Poser 11. I'm not sure why it works okay in P10 and not in P11, but that's what I have going on right now. I'm going to load P10 once this Superfly render is done, and check the INJ again in there, but if memory serves correctly, P10 was not exhibiting the oddness with Dusk's neck, or having any problem applying the head morphs the way P11 seems to be.

Last edited:

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
And didn't you just KNOW it wasn't going to be easy?! Nataani doing his "I don't want to leave" AGAIN!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
And this is a Superfly render - head and upper shoulders only.

This is the neck issue I'm not sure how to fix, as from what I can see, the only way to "fix" it is to dial the head scale morph back down to zero, and Nataani really needs the head scaled up a bit in order to look properly in proportion to the rest of his body.

The materials aren't bad, though. I need to refine the bump setting (normal maps) some more. But these same materials seem to render pretty well in both Superfly and Firefly...

Anyway - here's the close-up of the Superfly render :

Nataani Test 03.png

You can see the issue with the eyelids also. I'll adjust his eye morphs and then see what I can do about fixing the neck issue (look to the left side and you can see the mesh distortion at the base of the neck, just above the traps).

The materials over-all are not bad though... I feel like this is actually "almost" there as far as materials go.

And didn't you just KNOW it wasn't going to be easy?! Nataani doing his "I don't want to leave" AGAIN!

LOL! No kidding... :D The boy doesn't want to leave home, I think!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Okay... so there's definitely some weirdness here.

This is Firefly - I did change the texture map out to one of the facial hair maps - but I did not change any of the material settings other than that.

1.) The eyelids are definitely still needing to be adjusted in the morphs, but the issue in Firefly presents differently than in Superfly. In Superfly, the skin is poking right through the eyelids, whereas in Firefly it's just sort of swallowing up the eyelids entirely. LOL

2.) Dusk's head. In Firefly, this renders pretty smoothly, but in Superfly the top of the head renders up with sharp points on it. Not sure what's causing that or how to fix it yet.

Nataani Test 04.png

The Firefly renders as a whole seem to be slightly "fuzzy" to me, but that is probably something to do with either my materials or more likely my render settings.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I used to wonder why Diva looked funny in poser and that was what caused it. So hopefully it will help with your neck problem.

I was told that Dawn needed to be set to uni mesh

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I used to wonder why Diva looked funny in poser and that was what caused it. So hopefully it will help with your neck problem.

I was told that Dawn needed to be set to uni mesh

Mmm.... nope. Doesn't help with the neck problem at all. It seems to soften the mesh just a little bit, but it's not near enough to fix the issue.

This is what it looks like when I set the skinning method to Poser Unimesh... both renders are in Firefly.

Nataani Test 05.png

Side view of the neck issue :

Nataani Test 06.png

It does soften the lines around the neck and throat a bit. But the mesh is still tweaked way out of place and so far, the only "fix" for it is to dial out the head scale morph, and leave him with this laughably small head.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Damn...I really thought that would help. I know I was told it should be set on uni mesh for Dawn. What sub D level did you have it on?

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Damn...I really thought that would help. I know I was told it should be set on uni mesh for Dawn. What sub D level did you have it on?

Ah.... that does seem to help a bit. Very strange. I had saved the scene and closed it out, and then re-opened it. Originally, I couldn't find a way to adjust the Sub-D, as it was grayed out at zero. This time around, it let me adjust the Sub-D.

Firefly render - Sub-D is set to 2 for Preview, and 3 for Render... that's kind of a high Sub-D level... the problem still isn't going away, but it does help a little bit...

Nataani Test 07.png

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hmm...I'm not sure why it would be greyed out. It was the dial in the parameter tab wasn't it? Iirc there is another place in poser also for the renders that has it...

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hmm...I'm not sure why it would be greyed out. It was the dial in the parameter tab wasn't it? Iirc there is another place in poser also for the renders that has it...

It was the "Properties" tab next to "Parameters," yes. It was weird. I saved the scene and re-opened it, though, and it was no longer greyed out.

It does seem to help. It's just not quite enough help on it's own. But it definitely does seem to help.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Okay...that's probably exhausted my knowledge in Poser...not sure what else you could try.

No complaints from me, Pen. I appreciate the help, and we do have it looking a lot better than it was looking originally. I could probably just tack a note into the read-me telling folks to make sure they set his Sub-D up to 1 or 2 to avoid this issue. It's not perfect, but this might be the best we can get with it. I am going to try dialing the head scale morph down just a little bit and see if that helps any further, as well...

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
SubD does not work on Poser Traditional skinning.

//Dawn and Dusk IMO should open with Poser Unimesh Skinning as Roxie and Pauline do. But do not. May be it's price of P9 compability. IIRC SubD was introduced in P10.

Last edited: