• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nataani for Dusk

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
There is also free version of PhilC PZ3 editor PZ3editor Lite - Software and Tools - ShareCG (full on his site).
Demo-version of Poser File Editor here Dimension 3D
YES, Phil's PZ3 freebie version is what I've used, but I didn't bother to link to it, as that's not what Seliah needs at the moment.

I didn't know the PFE had a demo version as well, so she'll be able to try it out before buying. Thanks for that link. ;)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Well, I made a little bit of progress on this. I do have the INJ to a state that it's no longer altering the body's pose/position, nor moving Dusk around on the world plane. That's a start.

It's still not applying the head morphs properly, and it's still scrunching up the mesh of the right hand (albeit a LOT less severely than the prior INJs were doing). But at least it's no longer moving Dusk around the world space when applied. LOL

upload_2016-4-16_14-3-50.png

This is a slight improvement on the hand... though I'm not too sure at the moment what's causing it - that will be a question for Paul when I get a chance to write that message (along with why the head morphs aren't applying). But the previous INJ had these two fingers partially sliding right up inside of the metacarpals... so this is still a LITTLE bit of improvement.

Still working on it. :)

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Seliah...after some thought, was wondering...since Nataani is short and stocky, did you by chance make adjustments in the hands, like perhaps the length of the fingers? And good to hear you made some progress with the translation issues :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Nope, I didn't make any individual scaling adjustment in his hands. I did, however, make use of the "Left Hand Scale," and the "Right Hand Scale" Control morphs for his hand sizes. The thing is, the INJ does set those morph dials correctly - and yet it's ONLY the right hand that the fingers scrunch up on.

I'm getting the message written up to Paul. Not sure what else to do with it, but I keep poking at it... maybe if I poke at it enough, he'll behave. LOL!

skylab

Esteemed
Well, you've certainly had enough opportunity to test this and discover the problem areas...and others may have a chance to learn from this too. I know that doesn't perhaps feel so great when you feel that so much time has been spent on it...but, again, hope it has a happy, productive ending for you :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
...and others may have a chance to learn from this too.

That is actually one of the reasons I make my work process public on stuff like this. :) I learned a lot - and continue to do so - from threads like this one. So it might help others down the road, too.

I'll have to wait and see what Paul has to say at this point, though, as I'm just not sure what else to do with it. But at least I got the translation/rotation issue fixed. ^_^

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
But you do great freebies Sky, and that's how a lot of commercial artists get their start. ;)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Sorry, late to the party here. So you created a morph for Dusk and then applied that morph within Poser. Does Poser have an auto adjust tool to make the bones fit the new shape? In DAZ Studio that tool is invaluable when doing morphs like that.

What I do for my various sized morphs is first I make a body morph at the figures default size. Save that as it's own OBJ. Then I make a face morph, save that out as an OBJ. Then you have your separate morphs right there, Body and Head. Then I use the scaling from within DAZ Studio to make him the size I want, export that out (with the new Face and Body morph I made) and save that out as an OBJ. So then I have a separate Body, Face and Full Body morph all ready for the end user. I did this for a character I've got saved up based on Marilyn for Dawn.

So if your getting the scrunched fingers it's gotta be something to do with the rigging or maybe, perhaps, the weight mapping.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Sorry, late to the party here. So you created a morph for Dusk and then applied that morph within Poser. Does Poser have an auto adjust tool to make the bones fit the new shape? In DAZ Studio that tool is invaluable when doing morphs like that.

Poser 11 standard has a Setup room... which.. I have no idea how to use, and should not NEED to use it on this morph. It does NOT have the Fitting room; that's a Pro-only feature.

Nataani is completely dialed in. There was NO sculpting or any kind of external modeling work done for his shape.

With the Poser morph, I hand dialed ALL of his morph values in. Then saved that as a .cr2. This .cr2 (which has the exact same values dialed in!) does not exhibit ANY mesh issues at all - the hands look completely normal. The fingers scrunch up ONLY on the RIGHT hand - and ONLY when the shape is achieved via an INJ. If you dial in all of the same values by hand, there is no mesh distortion at all.

This is not a port from DS. I opened Poser, then loaded a default Dusk from the Poser libraries, and dialed in all the morphs inside of Poser, then saved that cr2 and built the INJ off of that native Poser cr2. So there's no modeler, and no DS in the equation here. I did not do any sculpting. I just turned the dials. Nothing more.

I also did not adjust any actual scale dials of Dusk's body part in any way. The only thing that comes close to it, is a Control Morph Dial for his hands, which I set that to 0.037; but the mesh issue is happening only on ONE hand, not both... if this was the result of that dial being spun, I would think the issue would be happening in both hands.

So if your getting the scrunched fingers it's gotta be something to do with the rigging or maybe, perhaps, the weight mapping.

But why would it affect only two fingers on only ONE hand? If it was weight mapping at the joints with the control morph dials in use, then wouldn't both hands be affected? This is only affecting the right hand. Not the left, and no other part of Dusk is showing any mesh distortion of any kind.

If I had adjusted the scales of individual body parts via the x/y/z scales, I would think that was a possibility. But I didn't do that, and I didn't do any sculpting via modeling on the mesh, so I just can't see how simply turning the morph dials would alter the figure's rigging.

Sorry, late to the party here.

No worries, Wolfie. :) It's been a busy day or two. ;)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Hmmm, did you try redoing the file from scratch? Rename your original and then save out a whole new file and see if it was bug that Poser created when making the cr2.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hmmm, did you try redoing the file from scratch? Rename your original and then save out a whole new file and see if it was bug that Poser created when making the cr2.

Yup. LOL. I've done that three times now. :)

I'm hoping Paul can help out with this, because whatever is going on is just truly weird at this point. If he can't help me figure it out, then Poser will just get the skin textures is all. I just don't want to give up on the morph until I've exhausted every possible way to achieve it is all.

Maybe I should just try exporting the .cr2 as an OBJ and then bringing it into Poser as a morph target? Hmm. I have to look up how that's done as I've never done that before... but it might be worth a try! LOL!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Paul's your man. He's so frigging smart about all this stuff! So sorry this is a hassle for you hon. HUGS

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
LOL - Nataani has been a difficult process right from the start... why should this phase be any different, right? :roflmao:

I am seriously thinking about doing the OBJ export and then bringing it back in as a morph, though.. hmm. I really need to look up how that's done now! I had not thought of doing that before you posted... it might be worth a try, the more I think about it, since the original .cr2 does not seem to have any of these issues.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Then my question to you is do you know if Poser will "fit" the skeleton to Dusk after you bring in the FBM?

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Then my question to you is do you know if Poser will "fit" the skeleton to Dusk after you bring in the FBM?

I honestly have no idea. LOL. I have NEVER rigged ANYTHING before by hand. The closest I've come is using the Transfer Utility in DS to get a sweater onto Genesis... almost everything I'm doing in Poser right now, I am learning as I go... the last time I was a heavy user of this program, was back around version 7, and then that was primarily as a consumer/artist... I hadn't even really gotten much into texturing yet back then. I sort of grew into the more creation side of things only after I got into Studio and discovered that I liked it a lot better.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Hmm, like you, I'm more a DAZ Studio user. I can load up Poser and feel my way around it like a drunken sailor but other than that.... not much knowledge. I did try using the cloth room.. that was an hour of my life I'll never get back! lmao