• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nataani for Dusk

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yep, you were right!

And yes, I can see the racial similarities. This is a good thing, as it means I'm getting his racial features across properly. :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yep definitely looks like him...Great job

Just to be clear... I did not set out to reproduce any real person's face. :) I just was aiming for at the very least, a mixed-racial Native features on him. So that's why I'm so happy that he reminded you of the actor. :D

Great job...love the poses.

Yay! :D That will make all of this nitpicky fiddling with fingers and hat worth it! LOL

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, he does have a similar look to Lou Diamond Philips. I like that pose, and having a pose for the hat is a great idea. I suffered with a hat pose for V4 a few years ago where I wanted her holding the hat, rather than wearing it. I finally got it, but it was frustrating to say the least.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Reminds me of Lou Diamond Phillips? (I've not seen the show)
Yum! Looking good Seliah!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Miss B,

Yes, two of his poses have go-to position poses for our HW cowboy hat to have him holding it. :) I will end up having to make a note in the read-me about how to use those go-to's... but the basic of it is that you have to load the hat, (leave it floating in the air) and parent it to whichever hand the pose calls for... THEN you apply Dusk's body pose, THEN you select the hat and apply the go-to pose.

Doing it any other way, and the hat will NOT go where it's supposed to. It's a little bit of a runaround, but the only way I've found that will enable me to ship the go-to's for people to use the hat "as seen" on the poses.

I try hard to make sure that whatever content I'm displaying.... that the zip contents match. I won't use the hat in his hand, in a promo for the package, for instance, if I could not get the go-to positions to work. It's misleading and false advertising to my way of thinking.

But yes, we do have a couple of poses that use the hat, and I have gotten at least one method for doing a go-to position on the hat. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Miss B,

Yes, two of his poses have go-to position poses for our HW cowboy hat to have him holding it. :) I will end up having to make a note in the read-me about how to use those go-to's... but the basic of it is that you have to load the hat, (leave it floating in the air) and parent it to whichever hand the pose calls for... THEN you apply Dusk's body pose, THEN you select the hat and apply the go-to pose.

Doing it any other way, and the hat will NOT go where it's supposed to. It's a little bit of a runaround, but the only way I've found that will enable me to ship the go-to's for people to use the hat "as seen" on the poses.

I try hard to make sure that whatever content I'm displaying.... that the zip contents match. I won't use the hat in his hand, in a promo for the package, for instance, if I could not get the go-to positions to work. It's misleading and false advertising to my way of thinking.

But yes, we do have a couple of poses that use the hat, and I have gotten at least one method for doing a go-to position on the hat. :)
Ohh, glad to see you worked it out. I'll have to keep this in mind next time I try something like this again. ;)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yes, it threw me for a loop as well. I must have re-made the go-to's a half dozen times before I realized the process only worked in just that ONE way! LMAO

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Been working a fair bit on his dirty skin option(s) today... I have the torso and arms re-drawn. Still have to do the legs.

There will be both "light" and "heavy" dirt options, so he doesn't have to look like he's just crawled out of the pig's pen, but can still have a little grime on him if need be.

Pose test - pose is still a WIP - and dirt test - dirt also still considered WIP until legs are done - this is the HEAVY dirt option seen here...

DirtPoseTest1.png

DirtPoseTest2.png

- Mustache 1 (Heavy dirt)
- Green Eyes
- Torso/Arms Heavy Dirt option
- Pose 6 (WIP) - Seen front and Back
- Still no bump, normal, displacement, etc. dzdefault shader still, too. Very basic.

Back to work. :)

Last edited:

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
One more. Closeup render of the arm with heavy dirt.. seems to be holding up fairly well to very close renders. I may yet do some underpainting to darken the bigger splotches so they aren't see-through when rendered up close like this. Dunno yet.

Closeup-DirtArm.png

Now supper, and then I'll work on the dirt for his legs. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
I watched a few episodes the first season it was on, but never kept up with it. I think it was on the same time as something else I watched more regularly.

Anyway, These new WIPs look as if he's had a mud bath. ;)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Anyway, These new WIPs look as if he's had a mud bath. ;)

Yes, that's kind of the point. These are the heavy dirt option, after all. I did the dirt in layers, as I will be doing a "light" dirt option as well, which is not as heavily spattered as this. :)

Last edited:

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Very kewl. Having a lighter option will be good. :)

This is the light dirt option. (I am working on the leg maps now.)

Dirt-Light.png

And the back view; also the light dirt option maps here.

Dirt-Light2.png

Leg maps (which I'm working on now) will be done the same way. One heavy, and one light dirt option, so folks can use whichever one they like. =)