• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nataani for Dusk

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I understand that totally and fibermesh is the ideal solution these days. What we call a 5 o'clock shadow can sometimes be effectively done via texture though.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yep, the 5 o'clock shadow is achievable through texture. Much more than stubble, though... and I'm looking for fibermesh or conformers! LMAO

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Oh no don't do that...scrap the shadow I mean...I love the 5'o'clock shadow!!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
He is looking good Seliah! And yeah man I feel your pain on doing facial hair....

Laurie

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Do you have the ones for Genesis? That Mec4D did? Can you fit them...?

Yes, I do have those. I have actually forced them to work (albeit in a much more limited capacity) on Dusk before. But I am talking more in terms of what to do with the skins. I will probably work on the stubble a bit, and leave it at that. Honestly, thick beards or mustaches are not all that common among NA men anyway; the far northern (arctic/sub-arctic) tribes may grow some, but most do not. So, it's not critical. Stubble, yes. Yes, that will probably happen. Full beard or mustache... most likely not going to happen.

Oh no don't do that...scrap the shadow I mean...I love the 5'o'clock shadow!!

No worries. I'm not scrapping the stubble/shadow. :) I was just trying to get a little more than just the shadow on his face, and the results were laughable. I will be working on at least a bit of a shadow for him.

He is looking good Seliah! And yeah man I feel your pain on doing facial hair....

Laurie

It's SO badly needed on the males, otherwise they all look like prepubescent boys! LOL But oh gawds, it really is a PITA to get it to look good on the darker skin tones.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
A little bit of dirt, mud, and grime... looks like he's a little overdue for his monthly bath.

This is the dirt & mud option, yes. LOL Figured we could use a dirty skin to go with all the horses and cowboy boots around here. ;)

Nataani-Dirt.jpg

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
He is looking fab and I too like the eye options, and I'm a fan of the paler shades so you've got us all covered :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
And we have hair! I'm still fatootzing around with a couple of spots that are bugging me (you can see the problem area around the right corner of his mouth, and the left cheek where it's still a bit too high for my liking), but I do think this is starting to shape up finally. There is NO bump or displacement or anything like that on this yet. This is all still getting hair placed and adjusted and all of that stuff.

I should have known to check Hinkypunk's store when Marieah's resource wasn't cooperating. Sheesh! LOL

Nataani-Shadow1.jpg

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
And one more... the facial hair is about as good as I'm going to be able to get it on this one, I think.

I gave him just a little bit on his chest also. Not a lot. I don't want it start taking over the Enterprise here. :p

Note :
Any map with hair on it, will be optional. It's not going to be an all-or-nothing thing here. Hair can be turned on or off as desired. So no worries there. These are just skin options, that's all.

Again; no bump or displacement or anything like that. This is just a hair test.

Nataani-Shadow2.png

It never ceases to amaze me, with 3D figures, just how different they look simply by changing the hair object on their head and nothing else... let alone body hair changes. LOL

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Loving this!

Very true about changing hairstyles making a huge difference in the look!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Dirt + Facial hair option.... ;)

Both the hair and no-hair skins will have the same options. It's going to astronomically increase the size of the textures folder, I know, but to do it right, people need to have the option of whether they want to use the effects (or not) regardless of which skin base they have chosen to use.

Nataani-Dirt3.jpg

I will probably be re-doing the body's dirt maps; the effect stretches far more than I care for, and I think I need to re-draw it at a different scale to avoid the stretching/blurring of it on the render. At least it's not a gazillion leopard spots like I had to do with Hannah's skin texture!

And now - lunch break! :D

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Going from full shadow to goatee is not far. :)

Nataani-Goatee1.png

I still have a strong dislike of mapped face hair, but for the folks who don't have mesh solutions to the facial hair, at least they will have the option with this.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Mustache 1... could be used well with an Asian styled morph... would also go well with Arctic or Sub-Arctic tribal characters, too.

Nataani-Mustache1.png

And mustache only...

Nataani-Mustache2.png

Not sure about doing the soulpatch alone; been trying to clean that one up a bit, doesn't clean up too well and kind of looks unpresentable because of it. I'll play about with it some more and see what I can do. If it works, I'll include an option to have just the tiny bit under the lower lip. If it doesn't work, there's plenty of other options here I think regardless.

I still have to do a little bit of cleanup in a few spots here, but I think they're viable as far as facial options go.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Regarding the Poser folks, as I know the question will come up eventually... (@Lyne, I'm looking at you! LOL)

I was originally not planning to do a Poser version on this one. But I will give it a try none the less, I think. Once I have the body and limbs dirt/mud option re-drawn so that it's the right scale to the face, I'll take the maps into Poser and see what I can do with it in there. If I can get the materials to look good, then I'll release a Poser version as well. It won't be anything fancy... I am only just starting to learn SSS in Studio, and Poser's material room makes my brain explode. LOL But I will try.

If I can't get the materials to look good, then about all I can do is offer free mat-poses for Poser folks to just get the basic texture maps onto Dusk and they'll have to buy the DS pack, and then download the .mc6 files, and do their own material room work from there. I won't release something that's shoddy. As much as I try to support both programs, if I can't get the Poser materials to look good, then the mat poses is about the best compromise I can think of.