• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nataani for Dusk

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
This is just a peek at one of the full promos...

Obviously, I did not use the plain grey on ALL of the promos, but for some stuff I just felt the grey background was best. This was done to just compare the full-skin options.

Nataani-PopupSkins.jpg

I did make use of some other hair objects on him for the various promos, but I have to admit that I definitely favor the Edric hair for him. It just seems to suit him the best.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Promo looks good Seliah. I'm not familiar with the Edric Hair. Where did you get it?

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Promo looks good Seliah. I'm not familiar with the Edric Hair. Where did you get it?

It's a DS item, Poser only via DSON. It's one of the Emma-and-Jordi hairs off of Daz... it's actually made for G2M, but I use it like any other hair. I don't conform, I just parent, scale, translate to fit the head I want it on. :)

I use it a lot. Probably too much, honestly, because it seems to be the sort of hair that suits my tribal characters so well. LOL

Edric Hair | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Looks very good, Seliah. I like how they are each slightly more turned as you go along the row. Very smartly done.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Looks very good, Seliah. I like how they are each slightly more turned as you go along the row. Very smartly done.

Thanks, Lorraine. :) The funny thing is that I actually didn't rotate Dusk at all to do that. I just turned the camera slightly.

Ahh, I don't recall seeing it before, and yes, I can see the "tribal" look, especially the tiny braids.

Yes. It works very nicely for my PNW tribals. Would not work so well for plains or northeastern tribals, though, as they often wear a very different type of hairstyle. :) The small braids being able to be turned on or off via the opacity channel in the Surfaces/Material room/tab goes a long way as well. I always use the little braids when Blake is wearing it for his younger/childhood renders, but in Nataani's case, he looks good with or without the braids dangling from the bottom of it.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Seliah...I agree 100% with what you said about power users and M$. I agree totally bad enough on Apple stuff I don't need it on Windows.

Mmmm, that's the way I work. It's my computer, I'll do what I want to do on it, damn the consequences. MS can bite me.
That's my girl!:flower02:

Lorraine

I don't suppose you can fit two HD's in your laptop? My boy wonder is encouraging me to get a SSD just for the OS and programs. At the mo all my data is on an external HD but I'd like to get it onto an big internal secondary one as well.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't suppose you can fit two HD's in your laptop? My boy wonder is encouraging me to get a SSD just for the OS and programs. At the mo all my data is on an external HD but I'd like to get it onto an big internal secondary one as well.

LOL No.. no, not a chance, Lorraine. There's no way this case would hold two internal HD's. :) I'd have to custom-build my own laptop - including the case itself, to do that. I don't know of any laptops that hold more than a single internal HD. ;)

Lorraine

Ah, it was just a thought. Didn't think it would but you never know unless you ask. I'm going to put my new HD's on the back burner till after I've been to Melbs. Though if I drop enough hints perhaps the boy will buy me one for my birthday ;)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yeah, the case to my laptop is like.. at MOST... a quarter of an inch thick. :) Not very big; she's a very lightweight machine, and does not even have a CD/DVD drive in her, so very, very thin.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Wow, that IS thin! I think my tablet and keyboard are thicker than that!

Yep. My daughter's tablet is thicker than my laptop (when my laptop lid is open).

This is my workspace in the basement of our house, Lorraine : My Workspace

That should give you a pretty good idea of how thin the laptop really is. :) The magazine (yes that's my "mouse pad" lol) next to it, is a standard sized magazine...

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh, my. LOL. This is a very, VERY DIFFERENT look for Nataani. I'm not sure how I feel about it... I was just kind of experimenting with different hair objects and this sort of just.. happened...

The hair is 3Dream's Hesperia Hair from Daz. The suit is from OOT; it's the Dolce Vita set for Mike4; converted via Crossdresser and then had to do the awkward Autofit with that in DS to get it on him. I did add a layer of smoothing to all but the tie...

Suit.png

This is not to my liking for a main image, but I might actually fix the tie position, then finish it up, postwork it, and stick it in my gallery. I don't think it looks BAD... just SO SO DIFFERENT from his grubbies! LOL

Yes, I'm fiddling about trying to decide on what to use for a main image yet...

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That is thin, my gosh, it is!

Nataani does scrub up well! Very, very well! Nowt wrong with a chap scrubbing up to go on a hot date, now is there? ;)

:rofl: Yes, he cleans up right nice, he does. LOL Doubt there'll be any dates for him for a while yet, though! :D Not until he graduates QAV! :laugh: