• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nataani for Dusk

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
And in case anyone was wondering quite what I meant about the HD issues... LOL...

THIS is what I've been dealing with while trying to work :

12719546_912507312201235_8074968052517794618_o.jpg

Right after I took that screenshot, the task manager and windows explorer crashed. So I am saving OFTEN OFTEN OFTEN as I work here. LOL

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
What about closing some of your unneeded background processes...that may help a bit...

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
What about closing some of your unneeded background processes...that may help a bit...

Yeah, trust me, I've done all of that. It doesn't do me much good. The HD is suffering lag spikes and hangs even when the system is idle and nothing is open. It's thankfully still allowing me to work in between everything, and the hangs seem to be mostly related to the graphical UI elements. Example : If I have a youtube playlist running in the background, it continues to play, and will even advance from one video to the next, but the UI is non-responsive and cannot be clicked on or interacted with. If it were a full system hang, the music would stop and the keyboard would lock out as well.

Believe me, I've put this machine through everything there is to put it through. I get hangs even under Safe Mode. The HD is just toasted, that's all. Fortunately, it's living long enough to let me finish up Nataani first. LOL But once he's sent up to QAV, I will be buying a new HD and getting Win7 put on here and all of that.

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I see...well I shall keep my fingers crossed that you get it sent to QAV in time...

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I see...well I shall keep my fingers crossed that you get it sent to QAV in time...

I think it will be. :) I only really have like two promos left to do, to display the poses, and just the quick edits in the read-me file. So hopefully I can get him sent up the pipeline within this next week. That's what I'm aiming for. ;)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Knowing how particular you are Seliah, I'm sure it's going to be perfect. ;)

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
All good things come to those who wait :) I feels for you but, Seliah, such a nuisance and extra expense you just don't need. Shame you can't send the bill to Smith Micro.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
All good things come to those who wait :) I feels for you but, Seliah, such a nuisance and extra expense you just don't need. Shame you can't send the bill to Smith Micro.

LOL. No, I can't do that, Lorraine. Even if I could, I would not. It's not their fault that MS released a half-arsed OS. ;)

I'm getting there, though... got the read-me edits finished up tonight. Just two more promos and then the main image to do and then I can send it up the pipeline to QAV. :D

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Cheeky thing! ;) What do you guys call a list of what someone owes? We call it getting or sending the bill to someone, as in "I got the bill for the car repairs today, bit steep" or "I've sent you the bill for the car repairs, please pay by the 20th". We also call it an 'account' but mostly in conversation it's a 'bill'.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Cheeky thing! ;) What do you guys call a list of what someone owes? We call it getting or sending the bill to someone, as in "I got the bill for the car repairs today, bit steep" or "I've sent you the bill for the car repairs, please pay by the 20th". We also call it an 'account' but mostly in conversation it's a 'bill'.

LOL - Lorraine, bill, list, etc, gets used frequently in conversation here, too. ;)