• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nataani for Dusk

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't know Seliah. I'm on the RDNA forum everyday before I get here, and I see posts responded to. Of course, it all depends on whether anyone over there has had a similar problem and found a work-around.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't know Seliah. I'm on the RDNA forum everyday before I get here, and I see posts responded to. Of course, it all depends on whether anyone over there has had a similar problem and found a work-around.

Yeah... that's going to be the kicker for this particular one; whether or not anyone actually has any ideas that could help.

I do see lots of posts that get responded to... I think mostly the few instances where I post over there, it might just be stuff that either no one has any input to give, or has no idea what to do with this or that issue. LOL

I keep trying, though. >.< I really don't want to leave him as DS-only if I can help it. Maybe I just need to accept that I'm going to have to dedicate the weekend to a single session get it all done in one sitting and re-install 8.1 when I'm done. LMAO

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Take a breath Seliah. I know often enough how frustrating things can get, and I'm sure if it's necessary to wait for the Poser version for a while, I'll wait, as will any other Poser user waiting to get him.

Getting yourself too frustrated isn't good for your health, not just your laptop's health. Take it easy, OK? :grouphug:

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I am taking a breather as far as the conversion thing... tonight I've been working on doing the read-me updates, and getting some of promo renders done... that's pretty much all I have left to do in order to send him up the pipeline to QAV.

I'll deal with the conversion thing... later... like I said, worst case scenario, I can release the INJ/REM file as free, and you folks could always just download the textures folder from the DS copy... that's a last resort thing though.

But tonight I'm just focusing on the DS promos and read-me file updates.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
He does clean up nice... once you convince him to put the plaids, t-shirts, and grubby jeans aside for a few minutes...

FaceOptions 01.png

FaceOptions 02.png

Just playing about with promo ideas tonight. Boy, he sure argued with me about putting the grubbies aside, though...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Wow! Doesn't he look good...

Seliah, have you tried exporting it as a cr2 from DS? Then creating the injection files using the cr2 file?

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
He sure does clean up nice Seliah...But I like the grubbies! lol

Yes, I prefer his grubbies, too. LOL. And he will probably use them in some of the promos as well. :)

Wow! Doesn't he look good...

Seliah, have you tried exporting it as a cr2 from DS? Then creating the injection files using the cr2 file?

Pen, I already have his INJ/REM file made. I did manage to get that done from Satira's instructions before my system went and slopped itself. It's the materials that I don't have done... and can not open P10 to do them unless I'm prepared to reinstall my OS right away aftewards, as every time I open P10 it crashes out my graphic driver and the entire computer never regains stability without an OS reinstall.

I have his INJ/REM done for the Poser side. Just not his materials or the poses.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Cool...sorry I didn't realise with being back at work this week it's been hard to keep up.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Cool...sorry I didn't realise with being back at work this week it's been hard to keep up.

No worries! Satira helped me out with the INJ file process. :)

The materials are still up in the air, as are the poses, since P10 is not agreeing with my system at all.

For right now, I am doing the DS promos and focusing on getting that sent up to QAV, as he has made it through Beta now.

After he's in the hands of QA, I will take another look at the P10 conversion/system issues. I cannot put a timeline on the Poser conversion due to the crash issues, though.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I just wanted to post an update here...

I have most of Nataani's promo work done at this point. I have a few spots in the read-me left to edit. At the moment, it's going very, painfully slowly because of my computer's issues. My internal HD is toasted, directly related to all of what the graphic driver crash did. Yes, I'm still trying to repair the damage, and in the meantime it means that I am literally trying to work "in between lockups/hangs." So that's why this last bit of the package is going so slowly.

I have been running a bunch of diagnostics, testing this or that other thing... quite frankly, the lag spikes that my HD are currently displaying are equivalent to a HD that is about 4-5 years old, and my HD is only a year and a half old. So my HD is definitely toasted and I am going to have to replace it completely, once we can afford to. I have lots of UI issues also; text on UI elements of program windows, the lock screen, etc, is either microsopic in size or absolutely huge and blocky. So this is all definitely related to the graphics.

So I am working on this. LOL. It's just going very slowly at this point because I am getting constant graphic/UI hangs, and have to basically walk away for about 45 minutes to let it un-hang itself before I can do anything more in that session.

I'm very close to done here, but with the lockups and UI hangs, it's going at a snail's pace. But it is still moving forward, and I have lots of backups of my data, so no worries there. :laugh:

Just bear with me for the last bit of the path here. Thanks. ;)