• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nataani for Dusk

These are just a couple of preview renders on a character for Dusk that I have resumed working on. This all still very early in the development process here, but I'm planning a body/head morph preset with skin, and probably at least a couple of poses to go with him.

Standard caveat here : Anything and everything subject to change until declared final... and I have no idea when exactly he will be done.

This Nataani. :)

View attachment 1680

View attachment 1681

And Nataani borrowed from M5's closet as I haven't got much to put on his lower half that wouldn't cover ALL of his lower half here. LOL

View attachment 1683

I am still working on his morphs. I'm not happy yet with the pecs; I need to round them out a little bit more but do it without making them look female. I feel like I could really use some additional shaping dials in that area, but I have no idea how to describe what exactly I'm looking for. LOL And I wish I had more control over the musculature on individual body parts, rather than just dials that affect the entire figure all at once; I'd like to reduce the bulge on the back of the calf just a little bit.

I have a few skin options planned, but haven't yet got those textures to a state that is acceptable for public viewing. Also, the materials right now are extremely basic. I have not done anything with SSS or ubersurface or anything like that yet. More previews will follow as I continue work on him. :)

Awesome work Seliah! I liked very much!!!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I just wanted to post a bit of an update here...

The DS version of this is currently in Beta (serious thanks to Lorraine, she's been working her little fins off on this with me!).

-- I've re-organized the folder structure to conform more to HW's preferred setup.
-- I will update the read-me to reflect folder structure changes later tonight.
-- I added a Zero All Horse pose to the zeroes/reset pose folder.
-- There is a copy of the "Zeroes" folder under both Dusk's poses and Harry's poses, so that people don't have to bounce back and forth just to reset individual body parts.
-- I am still working on the Poser conversion, yes. Don't worry. :) I will probably get some more work done on that tonight.

Nataani's poses are now broken down as follows within his package structure :
Poses 1-6, their associated partials, and Zero/resets are going to be found under People/Dusk/Poses/Childe of Fyre/Nataani Poses/
Poses 7-10, their associated partials, and Zero/resets are found under Animals/HiveWire Horse/Childe of Fyre/Nataani Horse Poses/

Anyway. I'm going to be at my sister's tonight, and she doesn't currently have internet service, so I will only be able to access the forums via my phone. But I'll get some more work done on the Poser conversion while I'm there, too. ;)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Sooo.... Windoze 8.1 decided it didn't have to boot up after being pulled out of sleep mode. There is a known issue with 8.1 getting stuck on a black screen when coming out of sleep or booting up from full powered off... it just kind of.. sticks. On the black screen.

This is why I keep backups of my HD...lol. Normally I just have to walk away and about 30 minutes after that, Windoze will finally un-stick itself and finish loading. Well, tonight it decided to not do this, and completely fritzed out on me... had to do a hard reset, pc comes up.. have to run a repair on the HD...

Three hours after the repair is done, I finally got to copying my backups over to the pc again.

So... instead of working on Nataani tonight like I planned, I had to kick Windoze in the sausage and eggs instead!

I won't be back home until sometime this afternoon. But my backups are almost finished copying over... so I might actually get a couple of hours work done on Nataani before we head home after all.

This is why you always keep backups, boys and girls... :laugh:

I would try to change my OS, but I can't downgrade to Win7, and I refuse to touch Win 10 even with a ten foot barbed and electrified pole... lol

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
'Sausage and eggs', you have such a way with words :rofl:

What a pain in the patootie! One more reason if I needed one to stick with my trusty Windows 7 and eschew all its followups.

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Well since the new poser update my poser has been crashing more...so I went back to windows7 and...touch wood...No crashes yet...So if it goes well I will be like you Lorraine and stick with win7

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh yeah, I couldn't even comprehend updating to Win10. I'm actually seriously thinking of switching to Linux rather than ever having to update to Win10 (or higher).

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
It would be great if DS ran on Linux. My son could set it up for me and no more big brother...except for Daz trying the big brother on but they've got no show with this chickie!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Are you sure Lorraine? I did some investigating some months ago, and the only one I couldn't find that would work with Linux was Marvelous Designer.

I don't know if it's necessary with every Windows app you want to run on Linux, but there's Wine, "an open-source 'Windows compatibility layer' that can run Windows programs directly on your Linux desktop." Check out this article for more info --> Three ways to run Windows software in Linux

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
'Sausage and eggs', you have such a way with words :rofl:
I was JUST thinking the exact same thing. :rofl:

LOL. I'm glad my trying not to exactly cuss amused you ladies. ;)

What a pain in the patootie! One more reason if I needed one to stick with my trusty Windows 7 and eschew all its followups.

Well since the new poser update my poser has been crashing more...so I went back to windows7 and...touch wood...No crashes yet...So if it goes well I will be like you Lorraine and stick with win7

Yeah. I would actually still be working on Windows XP if I had not needed to get a new pc when I did. Unfortunately, when I was finally able to afford the new laptop, everything, everywhere, was coming pre-installed with Windows 8.1, and I discovered quickly that downgrading back to Win7 was as far as you could, theoretically, downgrade the OS, and that technically speaking, it was outside of my skillset to do.

So... I'm only on 8.1, because I have no choice. If it were up to me, I would still be using XP; certainly nothing newer than Win7, though.

'm actually seriously thinking of switching to Linux rather than ever having to update to Win10 (or higher).

Hahahah... my poor Bear at one point installed Linux onto my old PC. I killed Linux... and all I did was open a browser and go to Google. It fried the install. As in he had to reinstall the entire OS. LMAO

I am not allowed anywhere near a Linux machine in this house. :rofl:

Miss B

CV-BEE
Geeze Seliah. I can't imagine anyone frying Linux just by opening a browser and going to Google.

Not surprising Bear doesn't let you near a Linux machine. :D

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Geeze Seliah. I can't imagine anyone frying Linux just by opening a browser and going to Google.

Not surprising Bear doesn't let you near a Linux machine. :D

That's what he said, too!! And he was standing right there watching every single key or mouse-click I made, and saw it happen!! LMAO

But then, you're also talking to someone who once killed an entire college's computer room... I didn't even touch the computers. I just walked between the rows and the whole freaking bank of computers went BSOD one at a time as I went by... the dang computer lab was shut down for two WEEKS... rargh.

I am a pox on technology. :rofl:

Miss B

CV-BEE
That's what it sounds like. Years ago I used to get static shocks during the winter every time I touched a door knob if I was wearing shoes in the house. If I go barefoot, not so much, though I usually tried to make sure any static had been squelched when I needed to touch the insides of my old desktop computer. In fact, they used to sell these wristbands you could wear that would ground you if you needed to work inside the case.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yeah... I actually own a couple of those wristbands... I still am not fully grounded. I still get shocks through them. Maybe it's a good thing I'm an artist, and not an IT person, eh?

I also can't wear a wristwatch... too much acid in my skin. It gunks up the insides of the watch and kills the watch within a month or two every time. You know that little tiny pocket in the front pocket of denim jeans? Yeah. I use that little thing for exactly what it was originally meant for.. a dang pocket watch... because I can't wear one on my wrist! LOL