• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Narrow Shoulders for Dawn

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Just so you know Ken, I'm a DS user and I just gobbled this up today (and I grabbed T2 in preparation of a DS version :D)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you, Rae! Type-2 for DS should hit the store any day now. I was actually surprised that Narrow Shoulders was released before it.

xyer0

Brilliant
Thanks for the education, Ken. I'm waiting on Dawn's morphs to go on sale (because Daz has trained me that "Thou shalt ONLY buy sales items!") so I can get them along with her. And I understand that you want each -Type to be iconic so that they clearly represent their unique aesthetic.

xyer0

Brilliant
Just so you know Ken, I'm a DS user and I just gobbled this up today (and I grabbed T2 in preparation of a DS version :D)
Hi Rae! I'm about to take the Dawn plunge. Can you tell me if I need CrossDresser. If not, how do YOU outfit your Dawn? Love your promo renders, BTW.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Hi Rae! I'm about to take the Dawn plunge. Can you tell me if I need CrossDresser. If not, how do YOU outfit your Dawn? Love your promo renders, BTW.

CrossDresser won't do much on its own. You need to purchase figure support separately, and results vary a lot. I mean, some clothing convert better than others. In general, tight outfits are the best candidates for conversions. There are other options for converting clothing, but I think CrossDresser is the better tool in general. It offer options to add body handles to dresses/skirts, and you can add a whole bunch of selective adjustment morphs to help with the fitting. May need some practice to get the parameters right. :)

xyer0

Brilliant
CrossDresser won't do much on its own. You need to purchase figure support separately, and results vary a lot. I mean, some clothing convert better than others. In general, tight outfits are the best candidates for conversions. There are other options for converting clothing, but I think CrossDresser is the better tool in general. It offer options to add body handles to dresses/skirts, and you can add a whole bunch of selective adjustment morphs to help with the fitting. May need some practice to get the parameters right. :)
Thanks, Ken. I have the Dawn license in my cart. Do I need the V4 license to convert FROM V4? (And likewise with any other model)? The product page does not say.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks, Ken. I have the Dawn license in my cart. Do I need the V4 license to convert FROM V4? (And likewise with any other model)? The product page does not say.

If I remember this right, XD figure licenses allow converting FROM around 130 figures TO the one you have the license for.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I think that's correct Ken, tho I haven't really used it.

I usually convert clothing manually, and then pass it through the "Fitting Room". This usually gives me much finer control in the process, for results are more predictable. XD doesn't give much control, but it does include options to add a myriad of adjustment morphs that may be useful. Depending on the shape and proportions differences between the figures, the most unpredictable factor with XD is what shape the outfit will end up after converted, especially with puffy outfits and smaller details.

In my workflow, I use Poser magnets and the Morphing Tool to do the refitting, and then the Fitting Room for automatic rigging. I reserve XD for the kinds of outfits where manual conversion would be harder to do. This is probably why I haven't used it in years.

But for DS users, there is no Morphing Tool, so XD might be the best option. It's a quite decent program with lots of options.

Michele

Eager
Thanks so much for this! I'm a DS user and appreciate your adding support for this utility.
I was wondering if there would be any issues using the morph with my many autofit clones but so far no problems. Using it here at 65% strength and Dawn is wearing Riot Girl for the G3F:

Again thanks!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks so much for this! I'm a DS user and appreciate your adding support for this utility.
I was wondering if there would be any issues using the morph with my many autofit clones but so far no problems. Using it here at 65% strength and Dawn is wearing Riot Girl for the G3F:
Again thanks!

You're very welcome, and thanks for your support! That's a beautiful character, Michelle. I didn't recognize it was Dawn at first, maybe because I tend to identify her by the wide shoulders, as shown in my comparison chart, but NO MORE! Now we can control that, too! :D

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder

Again thanks!

Nice character, Michele! Well done!

Congrats on another great morph, Ken! The DS version of Type-2 will be updated in moments.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Sorry for all the crosstalk, Ken! Do you know if it's possible (w/o jumping through too many hoops) to use CKV-01 in DS? Or is it merely that it was not tested for Daz?

I really don't know, but it's a skin-tight outfit and should convert well. I think some folks here have already played with CKV-01 in DS. Perhaps the most incompatible part are always the materials. Texture maps should translate well, but the color options were based on HSV shader nodes, and that won't work in DS, unless you rebuild the setup in ShaderMixer using its own shader nodes for 3DL and MDL. In Poser the standard and PBR renderers are compatible at shader node level, but in DS they are not, so you have to do it twice using different bricks.

Hornet3d

Wise

This is a difficult question to answer, for me at least, as a Poser user. What I can say is that Poser already gives me Wardrobe Wizard and, as I have the Pro version, the fitting room. Despite that I still purchased the Dawn and Dusk licences for Crossdresser and as you only need the license for the figure you are converting to it is not really that expensive. The reason for having crossdresser is that it is easier to use than the fitting room and quicker but then there are occasions when both the fitting room and WW give a better results.

If you have a lot of other clothing Crossdresser is a easy and inexpensive way to give Dawn a wardrobe for very little outlay.

Michele

Eager
Thanks for the comments on my Dawn dial, Ken and Lisa. :)

I love utilities like this; even in small amounts they make a big difference for variations in characters. Your comparison chart was a big selling point for me, Ken, though I would've bought the product anyway.

xyer0, are you a DS user? If so, you don't need Cross Dresser for Dawn or Dusk, you just need autofit clones. Autofit + smoothing modifier isn't a perfect solution but will definitely expand your Dawn/Dusk wardrobe options.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
you don't need Cross Dresser for Dawn or Dusk, you just need autofit clones

Thanks for the clarification! That's probably the best way to go in DS, assuming Auto-Fit will do the job. If not, CrossDresser can be an alternative.