• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Mischief and other things

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Nobody talks to me before coffee and expects a civil response ;)

image.jpeg

Carey

Extraordinary
With me I have to wait for the different parts of my body to check in, usually my sense of balance tends to run about two steps slower then my feet and legs at check in time... My kidney is always the first to check in and the last to become fully functional some three hours later. I got to listen to my heart the other day, I told the doctor it sounded fine but I could swear I could her that old beetles song in the background, you know "You say goodye, I say hello" The doc gave me some pills for that.....

from the humor of Carey Feazel

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Taking a break from DS stuff and all to ready a free set of jewelry for Dawn.
I need to go through all the material files and make sure they are correct then smart-prop it to Dawn.
It is a set of earrings and necklace for her, delicate chains with teardrop settings in gold, silver and pearl.
The band on the teardrops has beads inset.
I made this set in blender using a tutorial long ago and forgot where I found the tutorial.

I am hoping my day goes well but only time will tell.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhh sounds nice FL. If you ever remember/find where the tutorial is, please add it to my Blender Forums, Help and Tutorials thread, and I'll add it to my ever growing loooooong list of tutorial links. ;)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Miss B, the tutorial came on a disk from CD world...sorry.

Too weak and tired today to get into any mischief, as a matter of fact I am having a hard time trying to work up energy to do some promos for my last horse set. :(

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I have been saving a few dollars each month from my sales here to buy a new laptop.
I am almost there, just need about 75.00 dollars more to get it. :)

It is really hard to sit in a chair and work lately so a laptop would be a great help to use while relaxing on my bed.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Well done, FL! That $75 will be there before you know it and what a difference the laptop will make! Hope you are feeling better now.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I am doing better on the breathing, unless it gets extremely humid, but that weakness just hits without warning.
Doc still doesn't know what causes it.

Carey

Extraordinary
I have never found a satisfactory laptop for poser work, If they have a good enough video card and quad core cpu then you have the problem of heat build up and I can tell you from experience you don't want them sitting on your lap while rendering...Now I was wondering about your other problem. I can no longer sit in my computer room and work on my mac pro because my tail bone get to hurting so bad. I was wondering if this is the problem you are having sitting. I have tried all kinds of pads from extra soft to gel and nothing seems to help.. Funny thing is though I can sit long periods of time on my old 1969's style hospital bed. Course I am still looking for some sort of solution...

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
It's more than just the tail bone.
My neck and shoulders start hurting and it m as kes me feel ill.
It makes my legs go numb but when I relax on the bed in a sitting position with my legs stretched out it doesn't hurt so much.
I did all my 3d work on a Compaq 32bit dual core with just 4gb ram for 5 years and had no problems.

The one I want is a Dell quad core, 64bit with 8gb ram and a 1tb drive.
I have a little table on rollers that can be used at bedside like the ones in the hospital.
Won't have to keep it on my lap.
And I will still have the desktop for heavy loads. :)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yay!
Got my new laptop and setting it up now.
Not hard to do because everything is on an external drive.
This baby has 1 tb hd and 8 tb ram and speed to 3.0 ghz so it is faster than my desktop.
Has a backlit keyboard and touch screen (when I figure out how to do that).
So I will be busy today trying to get used to the touch pad again. :laugh:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Sounds nice really nice FL. What brand laptop is it? This one is 4 1/2 years old, and I'm sorely in need of a new one.