• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Members Mugs (Mugshots)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Come one, come all...if you're not too shy, share some images of yourselves!

I am typically not someone who shares pictures of me, but I'll make an exception here and start by posting images of the HiveWire Crew!

I have had the pleasure of meeting both Lisa & Chris in the last 2 years

This is Lisa and me with our husbands when my husband & I went back east in July 2014. It was unfortunately just a quick meeting over lunch (yummy, Philly Steak sandwiches...thank you!) but it was so great to meet them!

Lisa_Jeff_Alisa_Andy-Magerks_2014-07-24-sm.jpg

This is Chris & me with our spouses when Chris & his wife came up to our town this past August. This was a bit longer visit, as we spent the day together, showed them the area, and had this delicious dinner at our favorite Chinese restaurant (thank you!). This is the only way I was able to be taller than everyone else (I'm just 5' 1/2" tall) ;))

Andy & Alisa, Lorie & Chris-Fortune Star.jpg

And this is Chris with Paul Lessard at Comic Con in Utah in 2013 - I've not yet met Paul other than in our Skype meetings, but hopefully will soon!

Paul Lessard & Chris Creek Salt Lake Comic Con 2013.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
~ROFL~ Seriously though, the last time I took a decent picture was about 30+ years ago, and then it was a black & white passport photo.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yay! Team pics are back...

@Lorraine, I'm with you and would add one where I don't look like a sumo wrestler had one taken with the students at the end of last year that made me think I need to exercise more...

Last edited:

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I HATE having my photo taken though I have got over the actual full on phobia I had up till about four years ago. Now I suffer through it without having a panic attack. Photos are still crap but :mad:

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The best picture taken of me was when I was like ... six months old? Or perhaps even younger. I was a cute ... though somber ... baby!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Welcome back AlphinaNovaStar!
Lol @ Alisa...we'll see. I only popped one up for a short time for Lorraine last time and then took it down quickly. IIRC I had a snake around my neck and it was one taken at school. I'm not very keen on putting photos up due to working in a school.

@Satira...how exciting!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Nice one...I'm just wondering(because of the headphones) do you do a lot of gaming? If so what games are you into?

I'm currently playing Witcher 1 in spare moments I liked the Witcher 3 trailers so when I saw Witcher 1 at $2 on Steam I grabbed it...I normally play elder scroll games though.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Paul and I went to Siggraph in LA this last summer, which was only made possible because Ken Gilliland let us stay in his guest houses and fed us supreme meals from his grill and kitchen. He has a real, and I mean REAL passion and know how for cooking food. Ken also had Wendy/Ryverthorn and Charles Taylor/Nerd 3D and his wife staying there at the same time. We had a great time and Ken and his wife Rhonda were awesome hosts!!

BreakfastBeforeSiggraph.jpg
Delicious crepes!

KensSactuary.jpg
Ken's sanctuary

MasterChefKen.jpg
Ken the Master Barefoot Chef

OneOfTheBest.jpg
Certainly one of the best steaks Paul and I have ever had!!

YeahBaby.jpg
Yeah baby!!!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
From last February's visit, that Paul and I made to Santa Cruz to meet with the Smith Micro fine folks, prior to Chuck jumping aboard.

Great people. Two of these folks aren't there anymore. But thank goodness Larry Winborg and Jack still are.

SmithMicro_HiveWire3D_Lunch02-17-15.jpg