1. We are upgrading to a 2.0 version of our forum as this 1.5 version is no longer supported. Please look at your bookmarks if you have them and note them in a text document as the import process for bookmarks may not work correctly. We will have bookmarks in the 2.0 version so you will be able to recreate whatever may be lost in the upgrade. Everything else appears to have come across fine in our initial tests. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Members Mugs (Mugshots)

Discussion in 'The Meadow' started by Alisa, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Dan30

Dan30 Adventurous

It's from a memorable trip I made to the Plitvice Lakes National Park in Croatia. Indeed, outstanding place.

Pendraia, Banditcameraman and CWRW like this.
  2. CWRW

CWRW Extraordinary HW3D Exclusive Artist

Great shots and love the costume Dreamer!

And yay Dan! We get to "meet" our new bee! Love the pic!

Dakorillon (IMArts) likes this.
  3. Dan30

Dan30 Adventurous

Laurie, I love all your wild adventurous pictures more!:flower01:

4. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

It looks outstanding, and probably would make great backgrounds for some 3D scenes. I hope you took lots of pictures, and get to use them. ;)

5. Dreamer

Dreamer Dream Weaver Designs Contributing Artist

Thanks guys. I do Medieval reenactment and the out fit was one I had made for an event then wanted some nice photos of.

6. CWRW

Thanks Dan! LOL since we're talking about fun costumes and Halloween is coming, here is one of me as a Musketeer and my wonderful Morgan Gracie, at a Halloween Cross Country Pair Pace circa late 90s. Gracie always thought horse costumes were stupid:)

musketeer.jpg

7. Dreamer

8. quietrob

quietrob Extraordinary

Now waitaminnit'! I'm a thinkin that Gracie might just have enjoyed getting all dressed up. That picture shows you and Gracie were of one mind. Don't you be sellin' Gracie short!

Wow that looks like fun!

9. CWRW

Thanks! LOL she was such a patient and willing mare so yes she did put up with mom's wacky ideas, but yeah she really hated it when I would dress her up, which I did do a lot:) She would always give me a look like "oh come on, really???? Do I have to? You better not laugh!!!"

Pendraia likes this.
  10. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Really? I can imagine that with a puppy or kitty, but never thought horses could make facial expressions like that.

Dakorillon (IMArts) likes this.
  11. Dreamer

Oh trust me Miss B they can get some very interesting looks on their faces! @CWRW your Grace sounds a bit like my Misty, would put up with just about any thing but give you such a look!

12. CWRW

LOL exactly, Dreamer! When this pic was taken we had been together for over 15 years, many of them here at home with me. One gets to know a horse's face REALLY well after that kind of time together:)

13. Dreamer

Yep, I didn't get that long with Misty, (she was about 16 when I got her), but I spent just about all day every day with her and there were times I was very glad she couldn't talk!

CWRW likes this.
  14. CWRW

Yeah, Grace and I had 21 years together, then Juanita and I had only 14 years, and I've had my current guy now for 5 years. The last 2 were/are always at home with me so yes one gets to know every little quirk and look they come up with:)

RAMWolff likes this.
  15. Dreamer

She was the only horse I never fell off ether, though there were plenty of times I should have been eating dirt lol

16. CWRW

It's ironic that Gracie was the horse I fell off several times as she was the "safest" of my horses, but we also did a lot of pretty crazy stuff like eventing and some pretty hairy rides in the mountains here. It was never her fault though! I was a very novice rider (and very young and fearless too:) when I got her and I rode her bareback all over the place. I never fell off Juanita and knock on wood I haven't come off Flash yet (and don't plan to:), which is good coz I don't bounce very well any more like I did in my Gracie days:)

Pendraia and Rae134 like this.
  17. Dreamer

Yep I rode bareback and nine times out of ten just halter and rope no bridle. Full speed gallop down the paddock, last second 90 degree turns and all lol. Yeah I don't bounce so well now ether and haven't ridden in far too long

18. Pendraia

Pendraia Seasoned Contributing Artist

Lovely photos everyone...so great to see our new bee and Dreamer's lovely outfit!

quietrob likes this.
  19. quietrob

quietrob Extraordinary

I think it's a great picture of you, Rokket but of course, your daughter steals the show! Super Adorable!!!

20. mininessie

mininessie Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

is nice to see all the pics!