• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP MEC4D - Creations for Dawn 2 and Dusk 2 , work in progress

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Now that you've asked, I did some testing with the "DUF Pose Converter" script for Poser 12+, and loaded some Genesis 1 and 2 DUF poses over Dawn2, and they worked pretty well. Only needs minor adjustments, which would be needed anyway if you used body morphs that change body proportions.

When it comes to G3/8/9, that's a different story because they are not TriAx figures, and also don't use traditional T-pose. Their rigging is more akin to that used in game engines, where there is only 1 weight map per joint, as opposed to 9+ used in TriAx, so the ball-joints (shoulders & thighs) require double bones, making this quite different from what we would expect. Converting those poses would be more a matter of adapting to a different rigging system, instead of just converting the file format.

For the time being, I will be releasing the "RigControl" script for Dawn2, which is covered in my dev thread here at HW. This was originally meant for posing only the face rig, but was now expanded to control ALL bones on Dawn2, to include regular bones, ghost bones, and ERCs (remote controls). It allows posing everything D2 has, and also creating facial posing presets with an interface similar to Poser's Memory Dots, but with additional features like custom captions and hover over thumbnails.
Your script saved me some serious time getting the Mixed Pose pack for Dawn 2 over to Poser. Works like a charm! Thank you Ken!

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Thank you so much Master ! would be impossible without that great topology of yours ..

Cath, you've achieved lots of gorgeous subtle shaping in all the right places!! Such superior work here. It's clear to me that you know your human anatomy and what makes for a beautiful character.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Oh and Cath, I'm so sorry I didn't know it was your Birthday honey. I hope you had a wonderful day.

Happy Belated Birthday to you with lots of love and respect!

Happy Birthday Lit Cake.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
PS. Glad to know there will be a male morph for Dawn 2. Funnily I was playing around in ZBrush yesterday making a male morph. It's OK but I'm way out of practice so it's far from perfect but satisfied my urge to create. If I move forward with making a character or two I'll use your morph as a base to build off of if that's OK?

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Oh and Cath, I'm so sorry I didn't know it was your Birthday honey. I hope you had a wonderful day.

Happy Belated Birthday to you with lots of love and respect!

View attachment 78879
Thank you so much Rich ! I am still in celebrating mood especially for the upcoming weekend , we got crazy heat wave so not outdoor activities, hopefully this weekend gonna be better !

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
PS. Glad to know there will be a male morph for Dawn 2. Funnily I was playing around in ZBrush yesterday making a male morph. It's OK but I'm way out of practice so it's far from perfect but satisfied my urge to create. If I move forward with making a character or two I'll use your morph as a base to build off of if that's OK?
Well Rich, as long you build your character on top of it then yes , meaning the person will need to own my male character to be able to use yours .. so you can create your male character for my ADAM .. and he going to be very handsome that Poser never saw yet before in its library!

In meantime you can use Dusk morph to practice and load it on Dawn 2 , since they have the same topology and and mesh ..

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Hmm, just tried to bring the Dusk OBJ in as a morph for Dawn 2 but it doesn't match. So maybe I misunderstood you.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I wonder if Iray can look that good?
The base shader I use was originally created by Disney , it have ability to create SSS layers . And tone well everything . But my goal is to have both on the same level , the clothing I did already.. same result 100% .. but with skin it may take little longer but don't worry it will looks amazing in Iray as well !

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Haha! It's like I'm in a time warp, wondering if Daz can look as good as Poser.:laugh: Thanks for the inspiration and reassurance, Cath! What a loving Mom you must be. Unless, of course, one gets out of line...
Right? Who ever would expect that .. it is like multiverse , you can expect the unexpected ! He he
You know what they say, every 7 years the cards switch .. or maybe a little of my magic !

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I wish I had the patience and skill to paint better textures like that.
Easier than you may think .. painting is simple especially for Albedo textures, but sculpting details for the displacement/normal maps takes much longer since it is the crown on top that makes things realistic after rendering .