• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP MEC4D - Creations for Dawn 2 and Dusk 2 , work in progress

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
To get back to the art here... Looking at the full body comparisons, I am really excited to see the development of the muscles in the hindquarters and forequarters in Jet, compared to Harry. the new detailing on the knees is also so well done!

And as for 'working' modern Arabians, we see a lot in endurance events, in fact, Arabs and their crosses can be said to dominate the sport. They have always looked remarkably different than their show horse relatives.
here is Tiki Barber, a successful full Arab x- race horse and endurance ride performer. The differences in profile and confirmation are telling.

Attachments

• tiki zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.png
    tiki zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.png
    501.3 KB · Views: 156
  • medium_6bf28f4234cb7530557a3b38a01419174a50d2cd9cc1892f88f1143ea7fa3030.jpg
    medium_6bf28f4234cb7530557a3b38a01419174a50d2cd9cc1892f88f1143ea7fa3030.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 153

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
To get back to the art here... Looking at the full body comparisons, I am really excited to see the development of the muscles in the hindquarters and forequarters in Jet, compared to Harry. the new detailing on the knees is also so well done!

And as for 'working' modern Arabians, we see a lot in endurance events, in fact, Arabs and their crosses can be said to dominate the sport. They have always looked remarkably different than their show horse relatives.
here is Tiki Barber, a successful full Arab x- race horse and endurance ride performer. The differences in profile and confirmation are telling.
That is true , not all Arabs have the seahorse head , you have the noble Arabs, Polish Arabs, Egyptians and many many others with different features. Horse is not equal another horse as humans are not equal to another human. We just idealizing stuff to make a label and go with that.

Thanks D , the knee detailing is something interesting , it appears mostly in horses with less thick skin , that why Harry have it more rounded what is not wrong at all .. now I came across a problem, the knee looks the way I made it but when moved the legs it should get smoother, so I have to make JCM for that effect as it is not stationary feature and just in some position , I still working on the big details so many stuff is not yet the way it should or will be , it is slowly building up the details as I did with the chimp .. plus I do not make the coat build in so it may looks little different , it gonna be another morph feature that can be used when only diffuse is used, and for real hair set it can be set off .. so this way horse don't turns into teddy bear plush when using "fur" hair and lose on details.
I study very much lately each elements back and forth as I have only one shot to go.. it need to be perfect and Laurie keeps an eye on stuff in case I forgot something in the process , it is gonna be good .
I prefer doing humans , but this is a new learning curve for me and very interesting to learn things I never stopped to think about before, totally new experiences, sine I am starting to see details I never payed attention too .

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Sorry guys, it is quiet I know,
I am busy with the work behind the stage .. lots of things
busy making all the work in progress into workable final products !
the weather is bad so working all the holidays long weekend to save time because nothing else to do and my hubby got called to work too :(

I Hope you doing well and for those that celebrate "Happy Memorial Day Weekend"
Hugs!
Cath

AllenArt

Eager
It's one the reasons I find pugs sad! They have been bread to the extent they have breathing issues their entire lives. It's sad and pisses me off that HUMANS are behind this travesty of a breed! :mad: :cry::mad::cry::mad:
I feel the same about flat-faced Persian cats. They have breathing and eye issues, which is a shame to breed an animal with those difficulties and is cruel in my mind. I don't even think they look good. :cry:

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I feel the same about flat-faced Persian cats. They have breathing and eye issues, which is a shame to breed an animal with those difficulties and is cruel in my mind. I don't even think they look good. :cry:
using Lab or selection , they are still genetically modified on purpose to the point they become deformed and sick .

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Same with the hairless cat phenomenon. It's disturbing to me to no end!

A friend of mine had an Egyptian "naked" cat who would climb to my shoulders and wrap around my neck like a scarf. I never saw a cat do something like that, especially to a completely stranger, but again, I had also never seen a naked cat before. I was feeling special, but then I noticed he did that to everyone. LOL

DanaTA

Distinguished
A friend of mine had an Egyptian "naked" cat who would climb to my shoulders and wrap around my neck like a scarf. I never saw a cat do something like that, especially to a completely stranger, but again, I had also never seen a naked cat before. I was feeling special, but then I noticed he did that to everyone. LOL
Naked...maybe it was cold and wanted your body heat! :D

Dana

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Actually, I think that the hairlessness may have been a spontaneous mutation (like the short legs of the Munchkin breed). Apart from the fact that they can get sunburn, it doesn't appear to have a negative effect upon their health. Inbreeding to maintain the mutation might, down the road, though.

Yeah, they do look pretty bizarre, but they don't know they look strange and just act like cats.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Naked...maybe it was cold and wanted your body heat! :D

Dana

I have the impression cats are ALWAYS cold for some reason. Nonetheless, that was in Arizona - one of the hottest places in the US. The perfect place for cats to wander naked and shock everyone. LOL

AllenArt

Eager
I've heard that hairless cats are exceptionally friendly and are ideal for people that have allergies to cat dander. And it doesn't effect their health, which is what I have the biggest problem with. My husband was in a customer's home (he's a cable guy) and pet a hairless cat. He said it was very friendly and very soft, strangely. LOL

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I've heard that hairless cats are exceptionally friendly and are ideal for people that have allergies to cat dander.

"Mr. Biggles" was the only Egyptian hairless cat I had ever seen, and he was SUPER friendly. The moment he saw me the first time, he came straight to me and laid on my lap. He would climb to my shoulders and lick my face. That's quite "un-cat-ly" if you know what I mean. No wonder the ancient Egyptians loved them so much, painting them on their walls, sculpted them on murals, and made statues of them. Very different from other cats I have met, and I have scars to prove it. :p