• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Lully's Hw Products

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
lol. I didn't see Lyne's ebot until today and see you all have had a chip in :)
At the moment, I can't test it out on Dawn. I'm in the last throws of clearing my pc for a full reformat. (although the last zip to put on my cloud is 7 gb in size and will take 11 hrs to upload! Everything else has been cleared off my system.

I think (hope) I have saved the Marvellous designer files, so should be pretty easy enough to remake a Dawn version. but it won't be with the mats in the rendo one, it will be number 27 in my series here. Not sure when and if that will happen as I gotta load everything back onto the pc and that takes me days to sort out as there is close to half a terrabyte to reload back on... I really hope I zipped up that MD file, if not it's gone :(

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Me too, I've spent a few weeks zipping and uploading all the stuff. Its been on the cards for a couple of months now, but now I need to do it as my pc is grinding to a halt with all the crap on it. I found out it was zone alarm which caused my DAZ probs, and probably my p11 probs too.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
WOW 7 hours to upload? I think I'd give up before it's done.

Good luck with reformatting your PC, and
FingersCrossed.png
you have the MD file for that dress.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
its taking 11 hrs to upload, although I think that timer has sped up since I started. It did say 3 days initially lol. 1 hr and 10 mins and counting, :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OUCH!!! I guess I shouldn't be surprised, since upload speeds are always muuuuuch slower than download speeds.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
WOW 7 hours to upload? I think I'd give up before it's done.

Good luck with reformatting your PC, and View attachment 27010 you have the MD file for that dress.

Computers sometimes seem to work like the Mills of Ghod. They grind exceeding slow. I was de-accessioning some peripheral hard drives last December, and stupidly clicked the button for "secure erase" on one of them. There is no way to cancel that once you've done it. It was a 1TB drive. It took *three days* (and nights).

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
OMG JOdel, that is ridiculous. It should give you warning, then another warning to make sure you really meant it. Some programmes give warnings when they are silly little things, then you get a big job like that and BAMM! you are trapped without an "are you sure?" step.

I'm gonna go slow on what I put back, poser x 3 versions, daz, Marvellous designer, filterforge and zbrush are my priorities, and then some files I had on desktop which were WIP projects. anything else can be added back as and when I got time. I got a heap on a slave drive as well as zipped on a cloud, so could use that in the meantime, but would like eventually to clear that drive too.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Well, in all honesty, even if it had given me the warning, I might have told it yes anyway. After all, I had no way of *knowing* that it would take three days to do a secure erase, instead of a simple erase (which just deletes the directory).

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Suppose the average person doesn't have 1TB of stuff to get rid of, unless they are videos and I would imagine they delete pretty quickly (less files to fill the space) yep a warning would have been a good idea and at least then you could do it when you wished.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
wooo hooo @Dawn ! SLOWLY learning new tools for art w/bad thumb joint doing a piece "in honor of your talent": baby-doll dress on Dawn, Wired up jewelry, Conservatory, bird gage, & cuddler chair!!

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
wooo hooo @Dawn ! SLOWLY learning new tools for art w/bad thumb joint doing a piece "in honor of your talent": baby-doll dress on Dawn, Wired up jewelry, Conservatory, bird gage, & cuddler chair!!

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo what ya done? :D:thankyou2::thankyou::snoopydances::snoopydance::rofl::bounce: