• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Lully's Hw Products

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Thanks, FF and Pen.

FF the dynamic clothes are made in marvellous designer, but tweaked in Hexagon (for turn overs and smoothing out some bits)

The hats were done in Marvellous Designer but have been remeshed in ZBrush and then worked on in hex. I tend to go back and forth between the three programmes, MD being the initial step followed by ZBrush and hex, usually ending up in Hex where I do the mat zones.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Woohoo! My Sweet Deals Frilled Poncho is up. It comes with 3 knit options.
Frilled Poncho for Dawn - A Lully 3D Creation at HiveWire 3D

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Congrats, and I grabbed it as soon as I saw Alisa post it was in the store. ;)

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
thanks, Miss B :) glad you like it. There's a transmap on there BTW, so if you want it totally opaque, you just have to dial the transmap bit down in the mat room.

Cheers Alisa.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Going a little bananas.... is it me and my settings or do both the pant legs of the jump suit and hoodie pants NOT lay flat on a shin bone, when figure is sitting on the ground with knees up, feet flat on floor? Have a cute sitting pose, but every time lower pant leg sticks out from shin, instead of draping down along the front of the shin like a soft silk cloth would? I noticed my jump suit does not have a 'dynamic' pose, but Hoodie pant does... makes no diff. although jumpsuit also INSISTS on hanging up on Dawn's hand that is wrapped around waist.. . sorry no pics, just kept closing poser in frustration.... might give up on pants and use new poncho for this 'pinup' idea I have going... but....

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Hey Lyne,

Certain poses will need settling in/down before the end of the frames. What I tend to do is do the 30 frames as usual with the pose, but when you do the simulation part in the cloth room, have the frames go from 1 to 45 (or more) This will add 15 frames on the end after the pose has completed, for the trousers to settle down. Sometimes when moving from zero pose to the final pose, the animation moves the cloth so quickly it doesn't have time to recover. The 15 frames will allow this to happen and I would suggest you do this on most of your cloth simulations as it does look better. (the last 15 frames are quicker to simulate than the posing frames)

If you have the hand draped around the middle and it sticks, it's probably because it's colliding with it. What you can do is ignore the hands in the collision window.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
You can also move the hand out just a little bit to give the cloth room to settle between her middle and the hand, then after, when you're happy with the sim, move her hand back in.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
THANKS! I sure will try that...and I DID have ignore hands...but since there are no sleeves on the jumpsuit, I'll just move her whole arm up and away...
off I go to try the 45 frames!! :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes raising her hands, or at most the forearms, will help with simming around the hands.

I've had to do that on more than one occasion, and I just reset the forearms/hands after the sim is over, and adjust the hand or fingers as needed.