• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

LAMH Fuzzy Kitty

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
I never was happy enough with them to release them. The horse one that I did was a really basic one, back when I had just gotten the plug-in - one inch hair all over the body, randomly spherized and tapered, with no "grooming" whatsoever. The Big Cat preset turned out a little better, but I wasn't completely happy with it. You can see it in action in some of the images in the HiveWire Big Cat Contest Gallery.

I bought Garibaldi when it was recently on sale for about $5, but I haven't had time to play with it.

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
And because torturing people is fun...
kitten 006.png

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Hey, you okay if I post this last one on a few facebook threads, giving you credit and adding a link back to here?

Another thing. I'll make sure to mention this is a wip.

Love what you're doing.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Sweet. I'm going to post away then. Thanks.

Looking forward to that leopard map too.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Love what you are doing VB! I have a black, and a white and several "tuxedo" kitty varieties in the works that I started last fall:) Aiming to get back on them shortly! I know I have some WIP render of them in one one of the kitty threads (and LOL maybe even my own preview thread- can't remember!:)

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
And first try using 3Delight...
kitten 013.png

Definitely still needs work. Supposed to be an orange tabby on top, and a "black leopard" on the bottom. Must be some glitch in the map assignment, 'cause they don't look like an orange tabby and a black leopard to me... Of course, I'm pretty rusty on rendering in 3Delight, so my light setup isn't very good either. :(

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Looks really really good. Yea, 3Delight can be a little daunting with lighting. I have some light setup's that I load in that I saved out a while back to give me a little bit of an edge getting good lighting for both iRay and 3Delight....

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
This last one is for @Lyne, using her freebie textures. "Travis" has just gone fuzzy...View attachment 22308

yeeeek!!!!!!! You may be THE one that gets me to download and install DS! I hate that program....but... if I could have that kitty...could save it as a static prop, - export it to POSER to render properly... LOVE IT!!! Your assignment of fur to the house cats is really amazing! (still needs to be VERY short on the big cats...and FINER on the cub... IMHO. :)

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Awww, he thinks he us so fierce! Love this. And I liked your tuxedo cat. It may have only been a quick setup, but it looked really good.