• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Japanese Freebies/Websites

ibr_remote

Adventurous
Nameniku has uploaded a praying mantis model, from larva stage to adult, with textures as a separate download.
I believe they are in MQO or Metasequoia format.
These are not rigged.

3DCG置き場

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Thanks! Sadly, yes, unless you have the paid version of Metasequoia, I don't know of any 3d graphics program that will open them.

DaremoK3

Enthusiast
Thank you, ibr_remote, for keeping up with the Japanese freebie sites, and passing along the great finds.

For anyone interested, you can download and use the MQO (Metasequoia 3D modeler) models with the free versions as well. No need to have a paid version. I downloaded the praying mantis models from the 3DCG_Nameniku site ibr_remote linked above, and opened them all the way back to free version of Metasequoia LE R2.3b (several years back).

You can use free version of Metasequioa Ver 4, or there is still Ver 3.0 LE available to download, but you probably need to get it soon as he has removed all other previous Ver 3 series builds when he moved on to version 4, and will likely remove this one at sometime too.

Export conversions can be done with TrueSpace and Blender for use in Poserverse.

Also, Blender can open MQO models directly with the free addon Meshio/Blender26-Meshio, but there are some caveats for a mesh to open up correctly. Example would be the mantis model; It does not open correctly due to the MQO file being unfrozen (virtual mirror and SDS). The mesh needs to be frozen in Metasequioa, and resaved for Blender's addon to open it correctly. In Blender terms, it is equivalent to having open modifiers attached to mesh, but not applied. It's for software internal usage only - you need to finalize mesh for outside use.

You can find a version of Meshio for Blender 2.77 (works in 2.79) as pymeshio/blender26-meshio here:

pymeshio/blender26-meshio at master · ousttrue/pymeshio · GitHub

Hope this helps...

Last edited:

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Also Ali t Mankahoo has finally posted one of his non-hair figures at a site other than his own or Rendo store. His newest girl base figure is at ShareCG! She is no competition for Dawn here nor are any of his other figures otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned it here.
Her name is Bella Base.

ibr_remote

Adventurous
Thank you, ibr_remote, for keeping up with the Japanese freebie sites, and passing along the great finds.

For anyone interested, you can download and use the MQO (Metasequoia 3D modeler) models with the free versions as well. No need to have a paid version. I downloaded the praying mantis models from the 3DCG_Nameniku site ibr_remote linked above, and opened them all the way back to free version of Metasequoia LE R2.3b (several years back).

You can use free version of Metasequioa Ver 4, or there is still Ver 3.0 LE available to download, but you probably need to get it soon as he has removed all other previous Ver 3 series builds when he moved on to version 4, and will likely remove this one at sometime too.

Export conversions can be done with TrueSpace and Blender for use in Poserverse.

Also, Blender can open MQO models directly with the free addon Meshio/Blender26-Meshio, but there are some caveats for a mesh to open up correctly. Example would be the mantis model; It does not open correctly due to the MQO file being unfrozen (virtual mirror and SDS). The mesh needs to be frozen in Metasequioa, and resaved for Blender's addon to open it correctly. In Blender terms, it is equivalent to having open modifiers attached to mesh, but not applied. It's for software internal usage only - you need to finalize mesh for outside use.

You can find a version of Meshio for Blender 2.77 (works in 2.79) as pymeshio/blender26-meshio here:

pymeshio/blender26-meshio at master · ousttrue/pymeshio · GitHub

Hope this helps...

Thank you for your information !

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, it seems it's a "private" blog, so not open to the general public. Perhaps @ibr_remote can check into it for us.

Meanwhile, welcome to the HiveWire forums mercutio aquarius. Do check out other areas of the forum, as the folks here are a friendly, helpful group. :)

ibr_remote

Adventurous
can't see without invitation :-(
oh - so sorry - I did not update that blog for so very long ! I decided to make it private because I thought it would no longer be up-to-date. My apologies for the wall. It is very out of date for the Japanese links, and in general. You may just do a Google search and get more relevant results.