• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I'll be away for a while ...

scatha

Adventurous
I hope so too, Pendraia, since further treatment pends on this... and currently my heart works about 60% of normal capacity due to the extensive scartissue on the ventricular heart chamber.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Hoping no news is good news, John!

Been watching documentaries and learning lots. Binge watched a new Netflix Original, the Santa Clarita Diet. Disturbingly original. Makes you think. Great casting, too!

I'm about ready for the LOTR extended edition DVDs which I watch once a year, usually in a snow storm, followed by Avatar which is also a yearly watch, especially with spring coming.

I'm up to 140 steps I can take inside the house before I must take a break. Was at 80 steps on Thursday so slowly, but surely and then I'll venture for a walk outside.

Pain is manageable with meds. Doing my best to go longer without pain meds each day. I inhaled my iced tea which made me choke and cough ... saw stars ... cried. But that's been the worst of it so far.

Thanks for the continued warm fuzzies!

:love:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Good to hear Lisa...you're right about the Santa Clarita Diet being disturbing I didn't watch much a bit gory for my tastes. I enjoyed Travellers though and I'm planning on picking up the fourth season of Sherlock soon on iTunes.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Sounds like your improving nicely Lisa, so don't overdo it. Sending my good thoughts as well. :grouphug:

Miss B

CV-BEE
I hope so too, Pendraia, since further treatment pends on this... and currently my heart works about 60% of normal capacity due to the extensive scartissue on the ventricular heart chamber.
Sending good thoughts your way, as well. :grouphug:

LisaB

Staff member
Co-Founder
Gory, yes. I literally gagged and wretched. Almost turned it off then realized how well done it was to have affected me in such a visceral way so I kept watching. I am looking forward to where they go next.

Yes, Travellers was good and the OA and another couple new ones I can't recall ATM all great stuff.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
My stomach couldn't handle it...it would be interesting to see where they go with it though.

Yes...Netflix are doing some good series. There are a few I'm waiting on new episodes for.

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
i´m so happy you are at home....for some reason don´t get the new posts here....take care and hope you get well soon!!:flowers:

Hornet3d

Wise
Hoping no news is good news, John!

Been watching documentaries and learning lots. Binge watched a new Netflix Original, the Santa Clarita Diet. Disturbingly original. Makes you think. Great casting, too!

I'm about ready for the LOTR extended edition DVDs which I watch once a year, usually in a snow storm, followed by Avatar which is also a yearly watch, especially with spring coming.

I'm up to 140 steps I can take inside the house before I must take a break. Was at 80 steps on Thursday so slowly, but surely and then I'll venture for a walk outside.

Pain is manageable with meds. Doing my best to go longer without pain meds each day. I inhaled my iced tea which made me choke and cough ... saw stars ... cried. But that's been the worst of it so far.

I have done the LOTR extended edition a few times now but I still find it a great story and so well presented.

You seem to be taking it easy but with a steady increase in capability and that appears to be working so stick with it, but take care.

My thoughts and best wishes are with you and I hope that the improvement continues at a pace you are both comfortable and also happy with.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist

That's sounds like you're doing some serious working out. Are you planning ALL three LOTR plus the Hobbit Trilogy or just the LOTR movies? :D

*Note to self; try to talk wife into Netflix subscription now HBO stopped broadcasting here*

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Thinking of you, John - hope the heart monitor will give them info to help!

Lisa -Hmmm...retching and gagging over a tv show, and inhaling tea does NOT sound like my idea of fun lol.

But wow - 140 steps is awesome. Huge improvement from Thursday!

Sending lots of hugs!!!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Sounds like you are doing very well 140 steps is a great accomplishment! =) My mom's daffodils, azaelas, and white and purple iris are all blooming early because of such a warm winter! Not sure if spring has sprung where you are, but that is a great incentive to build up to go for a stroll, but don't rush it or over do it!

Hugs and bunches of warm and fuzzies!!

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
As everyone's mentioned, 140 steps is a good improvement. I was thinking of you while I was on the treadmill at the gym today, but I just counted minutes instead of steps. My trainer already thinks I'm a bit strange, so didn't want to give him anymore food for thought. :D

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
@LisaB LISA! SO HAPPY TO HEAR YOUR VOICE!!! oh... sorry.... shhhh Lyne, don't shout... ;) So happy too, your moving more each day... you have great 'fortitude' I'm thinking...to push your exercise as well as backing off pain meds! hugs, HUGS, More Hugs Sweet lady!

LisaB

Staff member
Co-Founder
Hey everyone,

I'm still improving every day. The feeling of shock has gone and I'm sleeping a lot. I seem to require more sleep right now, which is fine with me as long as I continue to feel better and better. I'm up to 160 steps before needing a break. 40 more and I'll venture outside to walk. Walking does help with the pain. I'm still having to take pain meds but I'm hopeful not for too much longer.

Still haven't started watching LOTR DVDs. I thought I would finish watching House of Cards 2016 season before the 2017 season comes on. It was just too intense for me to watch this past summer while the primary was going on. I'm stuck on episode 6. I have fallen asleep on it at least 8 times. LOL Maybe I'll get to episode 7 tonight before snoozing.

Thanks for thinking of me!

The flowers Chris and the CAs sent are still going strong and beautiful. A few are a bit wilted but overall still beautiful. :love:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
:flower02:
Yay, I'm so glad you are feeling better every day.

Sleeping's ok, it will help with healing. So will the walking (I think walking helps two fold, one in helping to get rid of the anaesthesia and 2 in pumping the blood to enhance healing.)