• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I'll be away for a while ...

McGyver

Energetic
NHS is pondering on opening my chest a second time, to put in a pacemaker (to aid the heart in contracting) and increase my heart capacity.
I'm assuming NHS stands for something like National Health Services and not Northern Hamster Society, but either way anyone opening your chest again is not a fun possibility... I hope they don't need to.
Especially if it's hamsters...
Stay well too... And good luck with their ponderings.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Only just saw this as I've been really busy with work this week.

So sorry to hear about the nerve pain Lisa....I'm glad that the doctor gave you something that did give some relief and I hope that things will improve soon. :grouphug:

@scatha, I hope everything goes okay for you also...

McGyver

Energetic
Wow, sorry I missed the part about the nerve pain... I must of scanned over your post.
That's one of the bad things about reading forums on a tablet, I tend to scroll/swipe too fast, and sometimes I miss a post, even when I'm looking for it.
I hope the pain goes away fast/soon.

scatha

Adventurous
I'm assuming NHS stands for something like National Health Services and not Northern Hamster Society, but either way anyone opening your chest again is not a fun possibility... I hope they don't need to.
Especially if it's hamsters...
Stay well too... And good luck with their ponderings.

National Health Service indeed and not looking forward to that again mysef, but if it restores heart function (mine currently being at 60%), then I'll have to take that chance, since it's severely hampering my daily energy. With a larger heart capacity I may be able to take walks again... I'd do almost anything to get that back.

McGyver

Energetic
See... This is why I choose to remain heartless... Hearts are too much trouble...
You have to take care of them, take them for walks, clean out their litter box... And after all that there is still a chance they may one day randomly attack you...
Or is that pet mountain lions...?
No... I think it's hearts... Or hedgehogs... Do hedgehogs use litter boxes?
I know they'll attack you, but only if you owe them money...
I know at least with hearts you can transplant them if you have the right kind of potting soil... You can't transplant a hedgehog... You can throw them at annoying people...
Human anatomy is very complicated.
Either way, it's a pain in the rump and I say, "no thank you, good day sir, no hearts for me".
Stupid tin man...
Wait... Was it a heart or a hedgehog he was looking for?
It been years since I've seen the Wizard Oz... Everyone had some McGuffin they were questing for... Toto was looking for his band, the cowardly lion was looking for a gun to give him courage, the tin man his hedgehog, the scarecrow wanted to eat human brains and Dorothy was looking for another set of ruby slipper so she could afford to hire a good lawyer to sue the weather forecasters for failing to predict the tornado that almost killed her and gave her reoccurring nightmares.
But seriously, I don't miss not having a hedgehog.
Even the grinch, when he finally did that nice stuff and the townspeople felt sorry for him and paid for his heart enlargement surgery... What did that get him? A lousy remake with Jim Carey capering about...
Anyway since I've forgotten what this is about, I should go...

Well, get well soon... Both LisaB and scatha.

Bye.

Hornet3d

Wise
Sort of dropped off this thread at the point that things were all rosy, my apologies. Sorry to hear about the nerve pain but it looks as though you may be over the worst, I have my fingers crossed that it is (makes typing difficult but I can blame my speeling mistakes on it at least).

Hope the improvement continues.

Hornet3d

Wise
National Health Service indeed and not looking forward to that again mysef, but if it restores heart function (mine currently being at 60%), then I'll have to take that chance, since it's severely hampering my daily energy. With a larger heart capacity I may be able to take walks again... I'd do almost anything to get that back.

I only know of two people that have had pacemakers, that I know of anyway. The first was my grandmother who had one fitted when they were fairly new and had a second fitted about twenty years later when the first literally wore out. Sadly she is dead now but she was 95 and had suffered from Diabetes for years, which is common compliant in my family, and there have been major improvements in health care since then . The second is my neighbour who had a similar history in that he too had a second fitted after over 20 years. He is now in his late eighties.

Any sort of surgery is clearly frightening but if it improves the quality of life, and I am sure it will, then needs must.

I wish you all the best and please keep us informed as things progress.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
~waves eagerly at Dylan~ Hey there, good to see you back on the forums. It's been way too long. ;)

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
See... This is why I choose to remain heartless... Hearts are too much trouble...
You have to take care of them, take them for walks, clean out their litter box... And after all that there is still a chance they may one day randomly attack you...
Or is that pet mountain lions...?
No... I think it's hearts... Or hedgehogs... Do hedgehogs use litter boxes?
I know they'll attack you, but only if you owe them money...
I know at least with hearts you can transplant them if you have the right kind of potting soil... You can't transplant a hedgehog... You can throw them at annoying people...
Human anatomy is very complicated.
Either way, it's a pain in the rump and I say, "no thank you, good day sir, no hearts for me".
Stupid tin man...
Wait... Was it a heart or a hedgehog he was looking for?
It been years since I've seen the Wizard Oz... Everyone had some McGuffin they were questing for... Toto was looking for his band, the cowardly lion was looking for a gun to give him courage, the tin man his hedgehog, the scarecrow wanted to eat human brains and Dorothy was looking for another set of ruby slipper so she could afford to hire a good lawyer to sue the weather forecasters for failing to predict the tornado that almost killed her and gave her reoccurring nightmares.
But seriously, I don't miss not having a hedgehog.
Even the grinch, when he finally did that nice stuff and the townspeople felt sorry for him and paid for his heart enlargement surgery... What did that get him? A lousy remake with Jim Carey capering about...
Anyway since I've forgotten what this is about, I should go...

Well, get well soon... Both LisaB and scatha.

Bye.
A lot of truth in this. ( you prolly didn't expect me to say THAT!)

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
I'm only catching up on this thread now Lisa. I hope you are recovered or well on the way at least.

So good to see you, Dylan! How are you? What's new in your world? How is your puppy? What are you doing for work these days!

Me? I'm itchy. Meds for nerve pain had GLUTEN as a filler. Cue one angry itchy rash. Nerve pain gone now but I am allergic to gluten or wheat or something that is in all that tasty and delicious white bread like bagels and hard rolls and even just two slices with some tomato and turkey on it. I stopped the med on April 12 but the rash won't go. I've had biopsies and vampires sucking my blood out for testing ( painlessly I might add. These people are pro blood suckers!) with no definitive reason for the itchy rash that keeps me awake all night and generally miserable most of the time. I'm currently on some anti itch meds twice a day along with steroid cream that I have to stop using in five more days. I'm getting some relief from both but ate gluten free pasta with homemade tomato sauce and had an immediate allergic reaction followed by days of newsbumps and blisters that itch like crazy. So now I guess I can't handle nightshade veggies.

This too shall pass!

Heart wise, I feel great! Better than I have in the last five years for sure!

Hornet3d

Wise
So good to see you, Dylan! How are you? What's new in your world? How is your puppy? What are you doing for work these days!

Me? I'm itchy. Meds for nerve pain had GLUTEN as a filler. Cue one angry itchy rash. Nerve pain gone now but I am allergic to gluten or wheat or something that is in all that tasty and delicious white bread like bagels and hard rolls and even just two slices with some tomato and turkey on it. I stopped the med on April 12 but the rash won't go. I've had biopsies and vampires sucking my blood out for testing ( painlessly I might add. These people are pro blood suckers!) with no definitive reason for the itchy rash that keeps me awake all night and generally miserable most of the time. I'm currently on some anti itch meds twice a day along with steroid cream that I have to stop using in five more days. I'm getting some relief from both but ate gluten free pasta with homemade tomato sauce and had an immediate allergic reaction followed by days of newsbumps and blisters that itch like crazy. So now I guess I can't handle nightshade veggies.

This too shall pass!

Heart wise, I feel great! Better than I have in the last five years for sure!

Really happy you are felling so much better, shame about the rash and problems with foods.

You do have my sympathy, with diabetes and a very sensitive stomach thanks to a brush with Campylobacter quite few years ago, I often play Russian roulette with food. Even some of the stuff I can normally eat changes when a 'New Recipe' comes out. In my case it the reaction is usually to have some horrific stomach cramps that have me bent double for a few hours or more. Despite that I think I prefer this to a rash that keeps you awake, at least I can see an end to my pain in a few hours, at least until the next time.

I hope this all passes for you very soon as watching everything you eat so closely can be a real downer.

Dylan

Eager
LisaB said: ...So good to see you, Dylan! How are you? What's new in your world? How is your puppy? What are you doing for work these days!...

I'm working for Sky TV now Lisa. Good money and hours. Also I'm teaching ZBrush classes in the evenings at the local media college. One of the 3Ds Max teachers there is a friend of my Dads, and he got me in when they needed a ZBrush teacher. I had to do a course first for certification, but that was easy enough.
Marley is in good shape, he was four years old a couple of days ago.

Dylan

Eager
Oh I almost forgot to add that I still work in the CG shop that gave me the Cintiq. I do Saturdays there, plus one evening per week and the current project is promotional CG models of a new car. No shortage of work for me at the moment it seems.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm working for Sky TV now Lisa. Good money and hours. Also I'm teaching ZBrush classes in the evenings at the local media college. One of the 3Ds Max teachers there is a friend of my Dads, and he got me in when they needed a ZBrush teacher. I had to do a course first for certification, but that was easy enough.
Marley is in good shape, he was four years old a couple of days ago.

Oh I almost forgot to add that I still work in the CG shop that gave me the Cintiq. I do Saturdays there, plus one evening per week and the current project is promotional CG models of a new car. No shortage of work for me at the moment it seems.
Good to hear you're keeping yourself busy Dylan, and congrats on teaching the ZBrush class. ;)

McGyver

Energetic
A lot of truth in this. ( you prolly didn't expect me to say THAT!)

Nope, most people don't make it past the the part about the hedgehog or the scarecrow eating human brains.
Get well and get itch free soon.
I know how annoying the itching can be... My flea medication ran out and I'm just gnawing at this stupid cone trying to get at the itches...
Well, feel better!