• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I'll be away for a while ...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Wow, another 40 steps?? Excellent!! Keep going as you are Lisa, and you'll be feeling great, and ready for anything, real soon. :D

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Nothing wrong with sleep Lisa. My daughter claims I've perfected it to a fine art! If you need inspiration I've got the whole seven series of 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' to keep you amused. Lot's of walking (running, beating up on bad dudes and general mayhem) to keep you occupied!

Take it easy, be a good girl and do what they tell you. In a few weeks you'll be wondering what all the fuss was about. Big Hugs as always! :balloon01:

scatha

Adventurous
Hey everyone,

I'm still improving every day. The feeling of shock has gone and I'm sleeping a lot. I seem to require more sleep right now, which is fine with me as long as I continue to feel better and better. I'm up to 160 steps before needing a break. 40 more and I'll venture outside to walk. Walking does help with the pain. I'm still having to take pain meds but I'm hopeful not for too much longer.

Thanks for thinking of me!

The flowers Chris and the CAs sent are still going strong and beautiful. A few are a bit wilted but overall still beautiful. :love:

I never took any painmeds after they sent me home... pain is a good indicator how far you can go without overdoing it. ;) (But i'm a nut that way)
Just keep going, Lisa. Stamina will come with time and gradual exercize. (took me weeks, but I can be stubborn and always loved to walk/hike)

Hornet3d

Wise
Hey everyone,

I'm still improving every day. The feeling of shock has gone and I'm sleeping a lot. I seem to require more sleep right now, which is fine with me as long as I continue to feel better and better. I'm up to 160 steps before needing a break. 40 more and I'll venture outside to walk. Walking does help with the pain. I'm still having to take pain meds but I'm hopeful not for too much longer.

Still haven't started watching LOTR DVDs. I thought I would finish watching House of Cards 2016 season before the 2017 season comes on. It was just too intense for me to watch this past summer while the primary was going on. I'm stuck on episode 6. I have fallen asleep on it at least 8 times. LOL Maybe I'll get to episode 7 tonight before snoozing.

Thanks for thinking of me!

The flowers Chris and the CAs sent are still going strong and beautiful. A few are a bit wilted but overall still beautiful. :love:

Glad to hear you are still progressing and at a rate that seems to suit you, well done. Sleep is good, just let your body do what it wants in that respect and as for falling asleep while watching DVDs or TV, well my wife does that on a regular basis, without the excuse of a major operation.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Hey there Lisa! So glad you are home and improving. Rest if you need to for certain.

Thanks for the heads up on Santa Clara Diet. I had given that one a miss for a long time but I'm watching the first episode right now. Totally gross! And I was worried it would be all comedy.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
The body does most of it's healing while your sleeping so it's only natural after such invasive surgery to need allot of sleep to heal up all the bits and pieces. Keep at the walking, resting and don't laugh! lol HUGGLES

McGyver

Energetic
I thought I'd stop by for a moment and say "Yaaaay! Goooooo LisaB!"

See... No nonsense today... Just well wishing...

Of course you are stronger now, and technical I should have been less nonsensical when you were not so well, but however you look at it... Keep it up and get well soon!

scatha

Adventurous
PS Lisa dear do not venture outside for the first time on a windy day. Strong winds will leave you out of breath in no time... (been there, so just giving you a heads up)

jecnodde

Admirable
Oh just found this thread and have been reading it nonstop.

I'm glad you are ok Lisa and that you are getting better :)

Even if I dont post much, I feel safe and home here <3

Sweet water and shade :)

ZW3D

Inspired
Sorry, just noticed this tread! I wish you a good recovery, take your time and maybe enjoy doing some pretty renders with your wonderful 3D plants!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Just dropped in here to your thread to add MORE HUGS AND GOOD THOUGHTS for you, dear Lady! :)

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Hey everyone. Thought I'd stop in and share a bit. I'm doing better every day still but it's been a bit of a struggle. Heart and surgery wise, I'm doing great. The struggle part is I've been having severe, burning, itching nerve pain in my upper chest and breast tissue that has nearly immobilized me. I haven't been able to move my arms much. Sleeping is a challenge, too. Typing happens on the tablet with one finger. I was able to connect with my GP who listened and prescribed something specifically for nerve pain about two weeks ago. It's finally helping. I woke up today for the first time feeling like I'd cleared the summit of all this pain and was on the downhill side. By early afternoon when the pain started again I realized I was a bit too optimistic for it all being downhill, but at least I feel like I'm over the summit. I'm at six weeks of my six to eight week recovery time so I guess I'm on track and doing well. I am really looking forward to getting back to creating.

So great to see all of you keeping the Hive humming along. I so appreciate all of you. :love:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well I'm not happy to hear you're having all this pain Lisa, but I am glad that you've reached a point where it's all on the plus side, and you'll be back to 100%, sooner rather than later.
FingersCrossed.png