• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I'll be away for a while ...

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Hello all,

I am going to be having cardiac bypass surgery this Friday morning, Feb 3rd. I am told that I will be in the hospital for 5 to 7 days afterward and then will be recovering at home for a few weeks after that.

I started with "matters of the heart" in 2012 and had a stent placed to open a blocked artery. That first stent was a bare metal stent, which from what I understand isn't the most optimal type of stent to use, especially so deep in the heart. Since then I've returned to the hospital to have four more stents placed only to still be experiencing chest pain when exerting myself.

Last week I went in for a treadmill stress test and an echo-cardiogram that I requested to see what's going and why I am not able to do much without chest pain. The tests didn't go so well so they admitted me to the hospital for even more testing. Friday morning they came to the conclusion that the best course of action is a bypass.

They will use one artery from behind my rib cage and another from my leg to do the bypass. I'm a bit nervous about this but I am comforted by memories of my oldest son who endured two open heart surgeries at the ages of four and five due to a congenital defect. He was so brave. He had so much faith that he truly would be okay. His road wasn't easy but eventually, he was okay.

He was proud of his scar, too. It was evidence of his courage and his fight for life. I remember when he couldn't breathe on his own and was on a ventilator, he couldn't talk, either. The attached image is what he wrote about himself in a memorial book we were creating about his hospital stay.

He was with us for twelve more years after his nearly year-long stay in the hospital in 1988. He died at the age of seventeen as the result of an auto accident. He left so much wisdom behind. I'm thankful that I was able to share in his time here for many reasons. Today, the memory of him gives me courage and inspires me to have faith.

Please send love and light my way.

With love and appreciation,

Lisa

IAmBraveIntelligentTruthfulAndStrong.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh my goodness Lisa, I'm sorry to hear you've been having these problems for so long. Keep good thoughts Lisa, and we will do the same. Here's hoping for a very speedy recovery. :grouphug:

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Yes, my personal support and thoughts and well wished go out to you and what is ahead for you. You've endured so much in your life up to this point. Too much actually if you ask me. Losing a son alone is way too much to have to endure and work through. This precious note above would be a great measure of help I would think.

Our HiveWire team, and extended community team is behind you and beside you with this surgery ahead. Our best to you. Our deepest support, and prayers are with you always. Let's get you passed all this and see you on the other side of surgery a stronger healthier you, capable of continuing life's challenges with lungs full of oxygen, and blood rushing through a once again healthy heart, and strength to endure activity.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hugs, here if you need me...you know that!!

sending u all the prayer hun i feel yr wories i went thruought worries wen my partner had open hesrt surgery but wen u have a strong mind and fight with it all yr worries will blow away there will be lots of friends family loved ones and people on line wishing u all the best and waiting for u to come back here and do yr lovely art work again so i wish u all the good luck hun and will pray for u xxx

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
You KNOW you're in my thoughts, prayers and 'white light of protection' are with you...AS WELL as all around any and all doctors/nurses/anesthesiologist, etc... my husband (at the time) went through a triple bypass and truth, his leg bothered him more than all the rest of the recovery... it was 30 years ago...so might be better ways of recovering the leg part... (he had a weight placed on his) but once he got past that, it was exercise- lots of it, as much as he could... he felt GREAT! You WILL BE FINE, YOU WILL FEEL SO MUCH BETTER... and you have so many pulling for you... BIG BIG REASURING HUGS!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Lisa, my thoughts are with you and hopes for a speedy recovery.
My brother had open heart, quad bypass in 2010 and he is now 72 years.
They told him it might be several days before he could get up and walk around with assistance but he was up in one day.

Here's a biiiiggggg *hug*. :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
. . . but once he got past that, it was exercise- lots of it, as much as he could.
Yes, my brother went in for a single bypass at age 58 (I think), and wound up having a triple, and he was good afterwards. I remember when he came to NY to visit my mom about 6 months afterwards, he told us he walked 5 miles a day. That was his exercise program. Now I'm not saying you should walk 5 miles a day, but any and all exercise will help with recovery.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
:grouphug:My thoughts and prayers go out to you. My father has had several heart surgeries, and although they have always turned out well, it's always stressful and worrisome. Be well.

Virtual_World

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
I can not express how I feel after reading your post. I will be praying for God to guide the hands of the surgeons. Although I am far away to help in your recovery, count on my prayers. I hope everything goes well.

Isaiah 41:13 "For I, Jehovah your God, am grasping your right hand, The One saying to you, ‘Do not be afraid. I will help you.’ "