• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I'll be away for a while ...

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I do hope you get past the pain soon, Lisa, and can enjoy spring and the warmer weather in your woods.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
so do you think the nerve pain medicine was helping or not? You might want to talk to your doctor about that... I imagine it's all your poor nerves trying to come back after being severed .... :( I didn't remember that from my ex's open heart surgery, but then that was almost 40 years ago.... also sometimes I think there are too many fancy 'new' drugs out there, when the old fashioned pain killers work the best. (had that go round with my docs for pain management, and settled on and will STAY on one of the old fashioned pain killers on the market (cheaper too!).

I am still sending you heartfelt love and good thoughts/wishes for your FULL recovery, Lisa!!! :grouphug:

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
so do you think the nerve pain medicine was helping or not? You might want to talk to your doctor about that... I imagine it's all your poor nerves trying to come back after being severed .... :( I didn't remember that from my ex's open heart surgery, but then that was almost 40 years ago.... also sometimes I think there are too many fancy 'new' drugs out there, when the old fashioned pain killers work the best. (had that go round with my docs for pain management, and settled on and will STAY on one of the old fashioned pain killers on the market (cheaper too!).

I am still sending you heartfelt love and good thoughts/wishes for your FULL recovery, Lisa!!! :grouphug:

Thank you, everyone. :flower01:

The nerve pain meds(same that are used for shingles which is adult chicken pox) were helping minimally the first week. The doc doubled the dose the second week. Tomorrow will be the beginning of the third week. It's definitely better. I am able to think about things other than pain for longer periods. I suspect the combination of recovery time plus meds is making the difference.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
While you need to push to recover, don't push too hard and remember to take it one day at a time. That way you won't get too disappointed if things don't go as well as you think it should.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I can't agree more. One day at a time is the best way to recover from this sort of surgery.

Glad to hear the meds are helping with the pain, and hopefully they'll help that much better during the third week.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Oh... I'm SO glad you finally got the medication level to where you can relax more.... that is SUCH a help!!

scatha

Adventurous
NHS is pondering on opening my chest a second time, to put in a pacemaker (to aid the heart in contracting) and increase my heart capacity.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Keep getting well hon. I know about being immobilized with pain when my right shoulder froze up on me and then a year later my left shoulder, same thing.. .strange body that I have! lol Doing hair was more of a challenge than you can imagine. It's about being gentle with yourself and allowing your body the time to heal. The pain is a constant reminder of what you can and can not do. Your going to be fine and well and back to creating in no time. Big Healing Hugs to you!

McGyver

Energetic
Hey! How's it going?
I wasn't going to write anything here for a while, but I got a notification about this thread, which I didn't really read and instead I just came here to check out what was going on...
I hope you (LisaB) are getting better...
Actually anyone else who is afflicted by any unpleasantness, ill health or large parasites too...
I've been checking back here now and then and it seems like things are going okay so far.
Hopefully I didn't misinterpret anything.
A couple of weeks ago, an old friend of mine had a stroke... Actually it was like a mini aneurism... She is okayish now, but it was about the same time as your operation and I was told not to make her laugh, and she was told to avoid stress and even though your operation is not the same, I decided not to stress you out by giving you anything extra to read...
Now my friend has been told she can start to laugh at stuff and look at TV and devices because it no longer makes her dizzy or kill her... so I was thinking that if it been long enough for that, maybe by now, even if you aren't up to it, the hospital probably sent you one of those helper monkeys to read stuff for you and pick up your medicine from the pharmacy and stuff like that...
And if you can handle a monkey, especially those no frills ones medical insurance is paying for these days, I'm just slightly more annoying then them.
The monkeys.
But the insurance people are pretty annoying too.
I really don't actually have much to say beyond the get well stuff, but that has never stopped me from writing long uninformative posts...
But yesterday I read a paper on recovery from stressful events like, surgery, animal maulings, stroke and really bad hangovers...
It said that sometimes people get depressed or bored if they can't move around a lot and that's not good for their health... Or in some cases they get really bored and start fires... Which is also not good for their health.
It said that it's good for people in those situations to engage themselves with mildly stimulating mental exercises... I'm assuming that means puzzles and stuff like that and not trying to do push-ups with your brain...
It's hard to tell, because halfway through the paper, I realized I wrote it a few years back...
The fact that it was written on stainy cocktail napkins and pinned together with a toothpick should have been a clue, since that's how my first two books were bound.
But even though it's pretty obvious I was also a little drunk when I wrote it... Okay, pretty drunk... I think the idea of doing push-ups with you brain is pretty intriguing, but the puzzles thing is probably more practical.
So yesterday when I went into Five-Below (a store that sells stuff that is mostly $5... And like four things that are $3)... I came across an item that is perfect for some simple mental exercises...
I didn't have any Where's Waldo books when I was a kid, we played fetch a lot and that sort of the same, but my kids loved finding Waldo and I think that's fairly stressless...
So... Can you find Waldo?

I actually developed that puzzle for my friend, but she figured it out right away...
So that's a used puzzle... It's not as bad as used underwear, but I hope you don't mind that I didn't develop it exclusively for your condition or predicament.
If you are having any trouble I'll include the answer later.
Well, I should probably go now...
You feel better and keep healing...
Bye!