• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I need encouragement, love and prayers…

Hornet3d

Wise
Well that is one hurdle over, it is always easy for others to say there is nothing to worry about but the fear of the unknown is something we all experience from time to time. You deserve to give yourself a good pat on the back for getting through it with such ease. The way you were treated by the nurse may have helped but it take two to tango.

Well Done.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Glad it went well, Lyne. I'm not all that comfortable with new procedures myself. Especially, as I always fear the worst.

While it takes me an hour to drive to my doctor, which is frustrating when I'm ill, I'm not at all ready to switch doctors. He's in a two doctor practice, and neither doctor double books, so it's always possible to get a same day appointment when needed (like Tuesday). I rarely have to wait more than 10 minutes, and sometimes, like Tuesday, I no sooner sit down in the waiting room, then I'm called into the exam room.

I just wish getting a prescription filled was as painless!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Well got home last night both exhausted and a bit exhilarated! Not only do I have 'good bone density', I have A GOOD HEART! YAY! LOL! My EKG was fine! AND I relaxed so much with the good news and my doctor being unusually more compassionate and reassuring... that my blood pressure went WAY DOWN! (I had the nurse take it again at end of my time with the doctor) It as WAY LOW... I normally have below normal BP, but this showed me, the doctor and the nurse how ok I can be! :)

Now just to get over the flu shot soreness (not too bad today already) and recover from my stress reactions...and I can probably relax more until the big day... I do have a whole list of questions to ask both the surgeon and anesthesiologist... just to make sure I understand what to do and not do, how the medications will work, etc... I feel much better if I know every little detail... probably a bit OCD? or something... ;)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Glad to hear you're relaxing now that you've gotten past the EKG step. :)

Hornet3d

Wise
Well got home last night both exhausted and a bit exhilarated! Not only do I have 'good bone density', I have A GOOD HEART! YAY! LOL! My EKG was fine! AND I relaxed so much with the good news and my doctor being unusually more compassionate and reassuring... that my blood pressure went WAY DOWN! (I had the nurse take it again at end of my time with the doctor) It as WAY LOW... I normally have below normal BP, but this showed me, the doctor and the nurse how ok I can be! :)

Now just to get over the flu shot soreness (not too bad today already) and recover from my stress reactions...and I can probably relax more until the big day... I do have a whole list of questions to ask both the surgeon and anesthesiologist... just to make sure I understand what to do and not do, how the medications will work, etc... I feel much better if I know every little detail... probably a bit OCD? or something... ;)

I don't think it is OCD, as far as I am concerned, well informed means you are well prepared. Not only that if you know before hand what is going to happen it should reduce the , understandable, fear of the unknown. I thin you are doing totally the right thing.

I wish you all the best.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Thank you, Kerya....

now as THE DATE looms closer (Sept. 22nd.) .... it's difficult to deal... and sometimes I have to 'talk to my inner child'.... I do that best through my poetry....

To my Inner Child

I see your enormous eyes filled with fear looking up at me,
As you bite your lip, furrow your brow, sending a silent plea,
Begging with me to stop us from going through all this pain,
Unable to accept the reasons, all the good that we will gain.

I know you're unbelievably frightened about our surgery,
And how much you need reassurance that is gentle and motherly,
I'm so sorry I don't have that skill because of my dysfunctional family.
But remember we both can lean on, and trust our son and his wife Wendy,

It's true, we've been weighed down by fears; that's been our burden.
Still, we do have a very skilled anesthesiologist and surgeon,
Plus the good thoughts and prayers from our chosen family and friends,
We'll have help through this experience, we'll overcome, even transcend!
~Lyne's Creations

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Filling out permission forms for the anesthesiologist is scary!! But I know...they 'have to say that'.... (had to fill out and mail back today)....
back to art!!

Hornet3d

Wise
Filling out permission forms for the anesthesiologist is scary!! But I know...they 'have to say that'.... (had to fill out and mail back today)....
back to art!!

Being diabetic I do have am on quite a range of medication but if you took the warnings that come with all of them you be mad to take any in the first place. Like you I know 'they have to say that' but it can be off putting. Which is why it is so important that you have found people you trust, the paperwork is just something that must be done, the people you have chosen are the ones that will see you through.

Terre

Renowned
Well put Hornet3D.
In many cases the stuff they have to put on there is very rare but it has to be noted.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Glad that you're getting through this, Lyne! You've certainly got a lot of great people behind you with support. One day at a time ... :)