• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I need encouragement, love and prayers…

Terre

Renowned
Years ago a doctor I was going to wanted an EKG for me so he'd have a baseline to compare if they needed to do another later. It seemed to me that a nurse did it. The whole thing was quite simple really.
{{{hugs}}} for your inner child.

Hornet3d

Wise
I have had the procedure done by both a paramedic, as a precaution before he gave me some drugs to stop me being sick, and also by a nurse. I hate medical procedures normally but I have to say this one that I am OK with as all you have to do is lie back and think of England, or whatever country you live in.

I am sure you will be fine and everyone you have been in contact with recently seems to be taking a lot of time to look after you, and so they should. Sounds like you are in really safe hands.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
oh for heaven's sakes! I have to get the anesthesiologist to FAX an EKG order to my doctor FIRST, then "they can get me on the schedule" - they need 30 minutes, and only have a tech there to do it from 8:30am to 3:30 pm daily...she mentioned xrays and stuff, but I ONLY need an EKG... still I have to get the fax done first, then call my doctor's office back and set up THAT separate appointment (just can't do it at the same time as my med check)... argh! AND I don't have the anesthesoligist's cell # yet...(he said he's sending me his cell and info)... if it's not in today's mail, I'll have to try again to the oral surgeons office to ask them (they are not open on Wed. - doing surgeries normally that day I remember).... They have to have the order first, it's a liabilty or something... thing. sigh sigh sigh...

I have to give my son plenty of notice to take ANOTHER day off work and drive the 300 miles to take me! I apologized profusely to him... :( He and his wife already have my surgery day set up for time off and borrowing my grand daughter's car .. but his own car would not make the trip, OR he has to rent a car...I'm paying for gas and or a car rental to help him help me.... Crazy making, huh! :(

Terre

Renowned
{{{hugs}}}
Once you get to the procedure it'll be a snap. No poking or such they just need to use some little sticky things to attach some electrodes to your skin, take a reading or three and then remove the stuff. The glue on the sticky things is fairly weak and they come off easily.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I just need to 'talk'.... of course my AC needs a coolant refill... AGAIN... it's been leaking for some time, but this year (when I realized the leak was not fixed by the one thing they did last time, and needs a full on "leak test" with LOTS of guys tramping through my house, up into my attic, and no cool air while this is going on) I had it filled once, hoping it would last the summer/fall.... (they way I live, sort of 'the boy in a bubble' sealed environment because of my low immune system/lung problems) and I could have the leak test done NEXT spring when it's just before the start of the AC season.... now ODDLY it's not lasting, meaning the leak is worse... scary in it's own right.... BUT with all my doctor/dentist/surgery stuff going on, NO WAY can I allow guys to come in and TRY to find the problem now... so far, HERE it's not 'illegal' to keep refilling it...BUT I'm going to get the leak test on the books for May 2017 so they will know I'm not going to keep putting it off... (the guy that fills it stays outside, so that's 'safe' for me right now)...

MEANWHILE, I'm having really bad dreams and/or not sleeping... Because just to get the EKG done...is FOR ME so scary (so afraid they will just find 'something' that will 1. not allow me to deal with my teeth and 2. require more tests)... because my body just does NOT "fit in the box" that the medical profession expects... ie: I can be FINE but my body does not register being fine... and ALL I want to do right now, is get through the teeth thing... I have the EKG appointment Thursday during the day and an evening "med check" talk with my GP that evening... and praying I will know about the EKG - that I AM OK for the oral surgery that evening... and THEN just be 'left alone' till the surgery on the 22nd. However... my good ole anesthesiologist called me at 8 pm ON A SUNDAY NIGHT just to make sure they "got the order and I was getting the EKG done"... I said... OH was I supposed to call you and tell you?? He said no, he was just checking and he would "talk to me after".... so I guess HE reads it and gives the go-ahead... BUT I will TELL the tech to give the results to both my GP and the anesthesiologist.... my GP LOVES tests... and gets carried away and he, himself scares me... as it's NOT easy for me to tell the 'person in charge' NO to things I feel I don't need or don't need right now....

So my nightmares and my struggle continue... and my muse TRIES to keep me occupied (never did so much art at a time as now!).... and I just needed to reach out and let my friends know I'm having a really really hard time...

I'll get up in the am, and hope the AC will keep me cool enough to GET the appointment and PAY for the 'emergency' refill visit for the coolant that evening... letting them know, because of how I live I CAN'T wait on it... When it rains, it pours? :(

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I know what AC troubles are like, I think we need to save up and buy a new one (our's is all rusted out).

Don't be worried about the EKG, its just routine, I'm sure all will be well (I kinda panic'd my first one and even though I felt my heart skip a beat and it all came back normal so just take a couple of deep breaths and think of something you like :))
:grouphug:

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Thanks SO much.... I appreciate your sympathies and advice... (my still friend ex, who knows me from our 30 year marriage and his own history as a cor-man in the Navy) SAYS I/it will be fine....just trying to tell my inner child that! :) )

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Don't be worried about the EKG, its just routine, I'm sure all will be well (I kinda panic'd my first one and even though I felt my heart skip a beat and it all came back normal so just take a couple of deep breaths and think of something you like :))
Very good advice Rae. I have an EKG done every year when I go to my Cardiologist for my annual stress test. It's really not all that hard to get through. You'll be lying down, so just breath deeply, as Rae suggested, close your eyes, and think of something nice.

Terre

Renowned
Thanks SO much.... I appreciate your sympathies and advice... (my still friend ex, who knows me from our 30 year marriage and his own history as a cor-man in the Navy) SAYS I/it will be fine....just trying to tell my inner child that! :) )
Inner children can be quite a pain sometimes.
Really though, you will be fine and it's easy to do.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
oh GOODIE, NOT!!! The AC guy came out....I have to buy a new AC unit and the coils... that rotten company that I bought them from 5 years ago (BEFORE my GOOD company I have now) gave me really bad equipment...and now the AC unit itself is showing all kinds of problems... hopefully it will all HOLD till Spring.... I got it recharged now...and have to be careful with it... I had a feeling all along, since I never had any leaking for 20 years, that those jerks gave me what do you call it... second hand or gray market units...and charged me up the wazoo..... so instead of the agony of no AC for 2 weeks and leak testing, I'm just going to save up for new units from the trustworthy company I have been working with now, and hopefully be done with problems!! So now I have to 'find' the money for both that (about 4K) and dentures (about 2,500) in the spring... sigh. So today was exhausting but hopefully I solved my AC problems 'for the time being'... and have to pray that Sunny Southern California is NOT sunny in Oct./Nov.! (or the coolant will run out again... I had to tell the tech I really DO understand that the unit is on it's last legs).

NOW to just try and enjoy the time I have before Thursday! o_O

Hornet3d

Wise
oh GOODIE, NOT!!! The AC guy came out....I have to buy a new AC unit and the coils... that rotten company that I bought them from 5 years ago (BEFORE my GOOD company I have now) gave me really bad equipment...and now the AC unit itself is showing all kinds of problems... hopefully it will all HOLD till Spring.... I got it recharged now...and have to be careful with it... I had a feeling all along, since I never had any leaking for 20 years, that those jerks gave me what do you call it... second hand or gray market units...and charged me up the wazoo..... so instead of the agony of no AC for 2 weeks and leak testing, I'm just going to save up for new units from the trustworthy company I have been working with now, and hopefully be done with problems!! So now I have to 'find' the money for both that (about 4K) and dentures (about 2,500) in the spring... sigh. So today was exhausting but hopefully I solved my AC problems 'for the time being'... and have to pray that Sunny Southern California is NOT sunny in Oct./Nov.! (or the coolant will run out again... I had to tell the tech I really DO understand that the unit is on it's last legs).

NOW to just try and enjoy the time I have before Thursday! o_O

Reminds me of a saying my mother often used, 'it never rains but it pours'. You certainly have had more than your fair share of problems at the moment and I have my fingers crossed it all works out for you on all fronts.
On the plus side you seem to have found someone you can trust while you go through all this.

Ironic really that you are saving up to get your cooling sorted while over here in the UK I am about to spend £4000 of my savings on a new boiler and heating system so I can keep warm.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
oh crap! wrote a WHOLE reply and tried to add an @ and it deleted my hard typed post!! WAAAAA!!! :cry: DARN DARN DARN! It didn't save a draft unless... nope not in it's clipboard... but NOW it saves a draft!?
okay trying again... @Hornet3d ya right, Ain't life fun?! sigh... but I popped in here late tonight to say that the HW leopards saved my sanity AGAIN! I was talking to my friend on the phone and he said well why not do a cub hanging from a branch like the famous poster of the kitten - Hang in there! .... and my muse said, oh wait, better yet, create a NEW pose for the cub- hanging from it's mother's mouth! So I did that (love the detail work of posing).... and then another cub INSISTED on joining in, laying right in Mama's path, and trying to grab the hanging cub's feet! I'm very happy with it and already planning on the background/scene stuff! NOW... here's where it might delete what I wrote.... if I ADD an @ and name... but this time I will COPY all I just wrote first!!

THANK YOU for your talent: @Chris , @CG Cubed , and @CWRW (plus @LisaB and @Alisa and the whole QAV team) for this gift of this wonderful big cat, which is SO getting me through this rough patch of my life!!! :geek:

Terre

Renowned
Hang in there mam. I'm sure all will be well in the end and your inner child can finally relax.
Looking forward to the pic when it's done. :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Back from getting the EKG...and the nurse who did it as SO NICE!! She moved the table so I would not have to lay flat (my spine doesn't do that anymore!) and got extra pillows, explained everything.... I said "can I talk?" and she said, no, because it moves your muscles...so I said "OK I'll shut up!" and she laughed... anyway, once it was done (takes longer to set up than to do the test itself)... she took the results right into my GP to make sure it didn't have to be re-taken....and then said 'your good to go'.... and that was that... we (my daughter in law and I) left for home...

Now I just wait 90 minutes for my ex to come drive me to my evening 'check up' with my GP... I have to get a flu shot, etc... let him know all what's going on... I had made that appointment weeks in advance before I knew I had to have an EKG... it's so much quieter to go to the doctors in the evening! He works late one night a week for this.

I'll just be glad when this whole day is behind me... I'm doing TWO art pieces at once... started one with our Harry- an Arabian... (dressed in Daio's native costume tack)....

Thanks so much for your prayers and good thoughts!!