• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I need encouragement, love and prayers…

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Eeeek!!! Just got a call from the oral surgeon's office...they just CAN'T get "his" anesthesiologist for the planned 22nd. or even "my deadline" of the end of September! So they "have a couple of recommendations from other oral surgeons to call...and she'll call me back when they have a (new) date!

And of course this has really caused my anxiety to go off the charts! I wanted "his special guy".... my friend said "well it might be somebody even better"... but this is just MORE "unknown".... as I feel SO vulnerable in the hands of an anesthesiologist.... :(

Hornet3d

Wise
Eeeek!!! Just got a call from the oral surgeon's office...they just CAN'T get "his" anesthesiologist for the planned 22nd. or even "my deadline" of the end of September! So they "have a couple of recommendations from other oral surgeons to call...and she'll call me back when they have a (new) date!

And of course this has really caused my anxiety to go off the charts! I wanted "his special guy".... my friend said "well it might be somebody even better"... but this is just MORE "unknown".... as I feel SO vulnerable in the hands of an anesthesiologist.... :(

That is a shame and I can understand your concern but the oral surgeon knows you and your needs, there is no way he is going to book just anybody. I am sure it will all work out, I am certainly keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Terre

Renowned
My sympathies, mam. From what you've said I think the dentist's opinion can be trusted but I can see how this would be upsetting. Good luck.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'll second what Hornet and Terre said. The oral surgeon knows what you need, so I think you can trust his decision.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Just spoke to my surgeon's office again... and they found an anesthesiologist who can come in for my current date/time! He's my surgeon's colleague's anesthesiologist.... she said he would be calling me on Monday to speak with me and get my GP's name and number... I just hope my GP does not make me 'jump through hoops (tests)' for info FOR the anesthesiologist.... I get SO scared of medical tests, they are normally skewed... But I just HAVE to believe he simply needs some of my info my GP would 'have on hand'.... I do go in for my regular check up with my GP on Sept. 1st..... (for those who don't know- GP means general practitioner- ie; my regular doctor)

Now to try (again) to go calm down... I have a lot going on...grocery delivery tomorrow and had to order a new fridge (just in case my 20+ year old one dies) and it's coming on Saturday....so have to ready the room/space for it...

You all are right.... and so I (now) do trust my surgeon's choice... just what I have to do/have to be ready for all this... it's just so NEW to me...

Thanks, ladies!!

Miss B

CV-BEE
I remember when I was going to have my kidney stone taken care of, the hospital had no problem with my Internist because I had seen her within a month of the day first selected to have the procedure done, but I only see my Cardiologist once a year, and I wasn't due to see him until a month after the procedure, so the hospital insisted the procedure be postponed, and since the Urologist was going on vacation for 2 weeks, AND he only does surgery every other Friday, I had to make an earlier appointment with the Cardiologist, and have the procedure done a month later.

Luckily I only had pain the first few days, or I never would've gotten through it with such a long wait.

Terre

Renowned
Part of what the anesthesiologist needs is drug info. Reactions you may have had to what medications, what you're on etc. This is for your safety.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh absolutely. The hospital just wanted an OK from each of my doctors within 30 days before the procedure, so that includes drugs, usual tests, and in the case of my Cardiologist, if I passed my annual stress test.

Since my blood pressure and pulse rate were high the whole time I was walking around with this kidney stone (almost 3 months altogether), they were concerned, and needed OKs from both doctors before they would let me go ahead with the procedure. My Cardiologist did give me a prescription to help bring down the blood pressure, and I didn't wean myself off until a week after the procedure. Normally my blood pressure and pulse rate are fine, but that kidney stone was sending them higher than what's considered normal.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
my blood pressure has been high AT the doctors due to my anxiety THERE.... but I told them I'm fine at home... still... so I'm anxious my doctor will upset me over that reality...(which I can do nothing about).... I doubt my pressure will be up once I'm out?!?!

Tonight, trying to feel better, I put in my brand new Nashville season 4 music album... and this lovely little song really touched a chord with me:

"Beyond The Sun"
(performed by Lennon Stella)

I wonder what it's like to live on cloud 9
Where everything's fine all of the time
I wonder how it feels to be unafraid
Day after day after it rains

Someday, somehow
Before too long
I’ll say goodbye to my burdens
I’ll fly beyond the sun

I wonder what it's like in the shade of a tree
Shooting the breeze being carefree
I wonder what I’d choose if given the choice
Between silence and noise
Words or a voice

Someday, somehow
Before too long
I’ll fly beyond the sun

Fly, fly beyond the sun
I’ll fly beyond the sun

Someday, somehow
Before too long
I’ll fly beyond the sun

this song really struck a chord in my soul.... I wish I could rest from my life long anxieties...
Nashville - Beyond The Sun

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Ya... my GP's office officially noted that in my file after my last check up... and of course with all my current stuff, it's worse than ever... I bought a really good auto-blood pressure cuff today, so I can give my doc the "right" pressure stats when I next go in. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I have an automatic BP/Pulse Rate monitor that I use a couple of times a day, usually just before breakfast, and then again just before dinner. My Internist recommended I get one shortly after I had the kidney stone pulvarized.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Well so far, I got my new fridge! Now if it will just work right and go on working for many years.... the BP Cuff thingy should come tomorrow.... I won't use it much... or I'd get anxiety using it! I'm a rock and hard place with this sort of thing... but I want to have some numbers to give my doc...

the NEW anesthesiologist is going to call me Monday...and so I WON'T take my BP on Monday! LOL!

Miss B

CV-BEE
One important thing to remember Lyne, BP can change from second to second, so even if you're not thrilled with the numbers you get in a reading, wait a few seconds, try breathing deeply to relax, and then take it again.

I can't tell you how many times I've done that, and it works.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Weeeeell .... the new anesthesiologist called late this evening... while I like him, I HAVE to get an EKG done... and now I have to HOPE my evening app. with my GP is ok to have that done... OR I have to make a new app. for my check up, when maybe there is a "tech" to do it, during the day... if that is needed, I will have to call my son to make the LONG drive down to take me, as my ex can't take me 'cause of his new job.... argh!! BUT I totally get it that it's for MY safety...and the new guy said it sounds like "no matter what you think you have, you are really healthy" and HE does not see a problem with my (so common) mytro-valve prolapse and my son said your anxiety will NOT affect an EKG.... I just hate tests.... and I need/want "clear sailing" to GET my oral surgery done....

I'll call my GP's office in the am to make sure I can get the EKG at my evening app. (he's there one night a week, and it's so quiet, much better for me to go in).... I'd ASSUME being a GP HE could administer the EKG...but who knows with all the 'specialties'....

I did get a lot of questions answered by the anesthesiologist.... he said I ONLY have to stop eating 6 hours before... and no water 11 am (I go IN at noon, have the surgery at 1 pm).... he said he'd call me after my GP check up, and again 2 days before the surgery.... MEANWHILE, my inner child is really trying to sabotage the whole thing, she's so scared.... so I'm calling on friends, my son and his wife... (and coming here to talk about it)..... sigh...

I CAN'T WAIT till I'm past all this, and my week later 'post - op check up' so I can curl up and hide in my cave all winter!!! Do art... and RELAX.... for the first time in MONTHS... (teeth crumbled in March/April) been a bundle of nerves since.... sigh...

Thanks for listening!! (Going back to my new season of Vampire Diaries.... after watching the GREAT "Hell on Wheels", Season 5-volume 1 from AMC) ....Thank goodness for my DVDs... (and art, already started another big cat one...this time with Nataanie (spell?) as the 'centaur' cat, with the other cat rolling around on her back playfully... )