• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Rokket

Dances with Bees
fixed UV.jpg

I fixed the UV issue, now I have to make new maps.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I redid the UV maps, and I am about to restart the textures on the suit.
I decided to subdivide the suit, so it jumped up from 3500 polys to 13000, but it fits to the non morphed LeFemme much nicer that way. I did a test cloth sim with raven's pose for The Matrix's Trinity, the one where they do that 3D camera thing.
Anyway, the bunching around her genitals is bothersome, but I don't want to morph brush it out, because I will be uploading this, and if you don't use an extreme pose like this, it won't happen. So here is the first test.
I added two more material zones, and will add materials for boot and sole options if you like.
I will also include the template so you can create your own.
Please comment and let me know what you want to see, and I will include it in the package when it goes up on ShareCG.

suit test 1.jpg

I just threw some quick textures on this so you can see all the zones.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I will be uploading more texture examples as they are created. I don't know how many I will end up with, but the more the merrier I say.
The color of this suit reminds me of The Phantom. I might create that costume as well.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I will be making a gun belt for this. I just decided that. I will rig it.

I found a work around for the crumpling in her genital area: her included morphs. You set the genital smooth to 1 in the Hip actor and it fixes that crumpling when you do the cloth sim. I am going to rig this suit and see what happens.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
test2.jpg

The crumpling in the crotch is less noticeable, but this pose does create some ugly creases where her thighs meet her hip. Again, the morph brush can fix this, so...

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
looking good Rokket. I was going to say LF has, erm, gens so was wondering if they can be smoothed on her to fix clothing, glad you found that. You might not like the creases where her thighs meet but its a natural place the suit would do that in real life so I would be too worried about it (unless its jagged or something). Was wondering if you planed on doing mat zones for the suit to make it easier for those who just want to through shaders on? I was thinking that if it had mat zones for say to make it just a body suit (no arms or legs), to make it short sleeved, boots etc?

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist

Rokket

Dances with Bees
looking good Rokket. I was going to say LF has, erm, gens so was wondering if they can be smoothed on her to fix clothing, glad you found that. You might not like the creases where her thighs meet but its a natural place the suit would do that in real life so I would be too worried about it (unless its jagged or something). Was wondering if you planed on doing mat zones for the suit to make it easier for those who just want to through shaders on? I was thinking that if it had mat zones for say to make it just a body suit (no arms or legs), to make it short sleeved, boots etc?
I have never done anything like that, but I could give it a try. I was not wanting to spend too much time on it because I don't know how much longer I will be home and able to work on it.
I'll let you know what I come up with.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Nope. Rigging is not going to happen. More tomorrow my time. It's already 8:30PM PST... I have been at this all day. I need a break...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
You're lucky you can even attempt rigging. I haven't tried it yet, though I certainly want to learn how, so as far as clothing I've modeled, it's dynamic, or it doesn't exist. ;)

Rokket

Dances with Bees
You're lucky you can even attempt rigging. I haven't tried it yet, though I certainly want to learn how, so as far as clothing I've modeled, it's dynamic, or it doesn't exist. ;)
I used to be that way, until I started looking at some tutorials. I tried and failed a few times, but eventually I got it. Clothing for a certain figure is easy, it's pretty much just transferring the rig. Doing it from scratch isn't so easy. But I've done both, and I don't fear it anymore.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
rigged suit.jpg

This is the rigged suit. I am going to work on the boot textures and see if I can get them to extrude a bit more from the suit itself. This rigged suit works fine for poses like this, but if I bend her legs things start to go sideways. The belt is Ryan's BLLE belt from his S.W.A.T. uniform. It was made with Poser 7 or 8 materials, so I had to do my own Superfly mats. I don't remember where I got the gun or the muzzle flash. I've had both since Poser 8.