• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
My guess is they don't come in peace.

Invasion HW.jpg

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Thank you everyone! I love early SciFi, especially the 30's era when radio, microscopics and flight were the latest hot technology. In fact I have quite a collection of magazines from the period downloaded from Gutenburg (for free). Vital reading for any afficionado including the adverts at the back which often approach the realms of SciFi themselves. Patented nose-shape corrector anyone?

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
A portrait of Hope. ;)

This is just a quickie portrait that I did over the weekend. I decided that I needed to compromise and figure out what days to use for my own renders/artwork versus the days I use for vendor/freebie creation. So weekends are for ME, and the weekdays are for everyone else was the final decision. LOL

And, Hope's rebuild here is the result of this weekend's play. Some brushwork in post (snow, a little enhancement of the rendered DOF). But 99% of this is rendered out of 3Delight. Enjoy.

View media item 2751

Well, Rialien didn't work out. As much as she wanted the part, Teromasu didn't want to have anything to do with her. I think he was offended by those goofy wings. So another Faery audition.
This is Ffionna. Teromasu is quite taken with her and it looks like they are going to work well together.

Ffionna by Spiritfoxy
Forestana Dress by Esha
Lumen Hair by SWAM
Jewels and Chords by FK Design
Owl by SongbirdRemix
Hyacinths by Lisa's Botanicals
Bushes by Design Fera
Trees by Design Fera
Stoneware by MorphTactic
Grass by MorphTactic

Me195

Extraordinary
It was not so much stupid to bring such a big ship this close more utter madness, then again it had been madness to 'borrow' it in the first place. In different circumstances she would have chosen something smaller but this class of ship was the only one equipped with a med bay suitably advanced to keep Turlough alive and deal with any possible complications. Happily both the force-field and the shielding were vastly more advanced than this world tracking systems so she was confident she would remain undetected. There was however no defense to something flying into it and other craft crashing from the sky having a mid air collision with 'nothing' tended to raise many questions. She had chosen a place with a very sparse population and at a height that the risk was reduced but, flying this low, hitting something before she could maneuver was still a very real danger.

Fact was she was here now and she needed to identify a landing site for a shuttle and then get back into geostationary orbit where collisions were a little less likely.

View attachment 22201

And another holiday from the story.

View attachment 22215

Tribute to Kan Gao's beautiful mini game, story, and music. It's a story that blurs the line between reality and imagination, as seen from the eyes of a child. Lasting for only about an hour, and without any dialogs, this short game tells us the story about a lonely boy, and how friendship can come in unexpected ways if we are open to it. Figure is Nearme, paper plane was modeled in 3DSMAX, and rendered in Poser with Firefly.

View attachment 22225

Meet Pamela. Peace!
Sporting Ghostman's Ghostshades and Biscuits Evi Hair!

Harsh light

View attachment 22324
V4 with mixed morphs and SAV AlphaGirl skin and SAV Goldy Hair with my shaders.

Flying such a large vessel was surprisingly easy thanks to the massive computerisation of all aspects of the craft. Having found a suitable landing place she knew moving heavy equipment alone would be a different matter so she spent the next few days printing and equipping herself with a team of helpers.

View attachment 22328

VAMPYRE. Introducing the Countess Erzsebet (Elizabeth) Tepes. One of the ‘brides’ sired by Count Vladimir Dracula himself and falsely reported (by Van Helsing) as having been destroyed alongside him, she has single-handedly brought about the clan’s renaissance in the modern world. She is responsible for bringing the Lady Leonore into the clan but regards her as wilful and disobedient because of her fondness for living amongst the ones Erzsebet regards as ‘cattle’.

View attachment 22600

At the end of a magical day ----- a magical bath.

View attachment 22786

THE SUMMERS GIRL'S*. Another fanboi attack! (I really am going to have to start going to bed earlier!). This is for all you Buffy fans.

View attachment 22795

Shiara for V4 (Sarah Michelle Geller) and Simone (Michelle Trachtenberg) for V4 by Godin. Dynamic Bo Fashion by Biscuits (freebie). Dynamic Sweater by Gustaf and Kimberly Grefberg (freebie). Athena Hair by SAV. Eternal Kyra Hair and Earrings by Fabiana. The Crypt by MortenVetus (freebie). Backdrop by Rebelmommy (freebie).

* Drool!

A WIP. Remember that bedroom set that started me down the road for Dawn's House? This is that.

View attachment 22812

A wider shot. I actually just made those curtains earlier this evening. Also increased the size of the pillows.

View attachment 22816

Waiting for the rest of the team to arrive.

View attachment 22832

IRON MAN. I've had this image half-finished for ages wondering where to go with it, so I decided to take inspiration from Hornet (sorry Hornet) and go SciFi...1930's style!

View attachment 22855

I'm auditioning a new Faery. The last one ran off with my bike. This is Rialein. She has a better attitude and hair, textures and attire from FK Design.
Her wings are from DAZ.

Inspired by the Song , "Brandy"

My guess is they don't come in peace.

View attachment 22889

A portrait of Hope. ;)

This is just a quickie portrait that I did over the weekend. I decided that I needed to compromise and figure out what days to use for my own renders/artwork versus the days I use for vendor/freebie creation. So weekends are for ME, and the weekdays are for everyone else was the final decision. LOL

And, Hope's rebuild here is the result of this weekend's play. Some brushwork in post (snow, a little enhancement of the rendered DOF). But 99% of this is rendered out of 3Delight. Enjoy.

View media item 2751

I modeled & rendered the Crater Critters in Carrara.. some of you oldies may remember collecting them from the breakfast cereal boxes when you were kids :rolleyes:

Well, Rialien didn't work out. As much as she wanted the part, Teromasu didn't want to have anything to do with her. I think he was offended by those goofy wings. So another Faery audition.
This is Ffionna. Teromasu is quite taken with her and it looks like they are going to work well together.

Ffionna by Spiritfoxy
Forestana Dress by Esha
Lumen Hair by SWAM
Jewels and Chords by FK Design
Owl by SongbirdRemix
Hyacinths by Lisa's Botanicals
Bushes by Design Fera
Trees by Design Fera
Stoneware by MorphTactic
Grass by MorphTactic

These renders are fantastic. I'm really wearing out the like button on this thing. I really need to keep up with these threads more so I can leave individual comments for each one. I don't know how Miss B. or Pendraia do it. My brain can't keep track of that many things at once.

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It is new, the first part of a new range called SpaceTech by 3-d-c, this is Jumpgate. It was on sale and also bucked the new trend of being only available as with Extended License, I just hope 3-d-c continues in this manner.
Ohhhh, 3-d-c makes nice packs. I'll have to check this out. :)

Rialein is such a sweetheart I decided to put her in the role of 'The Seeker'. She was broken hearted that she didn't get the Faery part, but this will be much better for her. She's making friends with Babe already. They'll be working together in a lot of scenes.

Babe Character: HiveWire Quarter Quarter Horse
Rialein Character by Studio Martillo
Crescent Moon Top by AerySoul
Cresent Moon Pants by AerySoul
Wild Butterfly Sandals by FK Design
KiriTe Hair by FK Design
Spruce Trees by Design Fera

quietrob

Extraordinary
@StudioMartillo

That's a firefly render, isn't it? I can only wonder how long this piece took with those bushes. Bushes and trees are like hair and always add to the render time. May I ask if you use IDL or any special lighting?

@StudioMartillo

That's a firefly render, isn't it? I can only wonder how long this piece took with those bushes. Bushes and trees are like hair and always add to the render time. May I ask if you use IDL or any special lighting?

When I render indoor scenes I use IDL. Outdoor the only environmental geometry is on the ground and backdrop, so not much would bounce to the subjects. Those trees have lots of geometry because each leaf is a seperate piece, much like hair strands. In the last scene, 'Making Friends' , as you can see the trees are casting shadows which takes a long time. Yes, firefly. I'm not very concerned how long it takes. I engage in this hobby to use up time so the more the better. In some renders where there are a lot of characters and hair, if you set the raytrace visibility off for the hair, which doesn't seem to affect transparency, but turns off shadows, the render doesn't get stuck on the hair. I generally do that because the hair casting a shadow on the face just obscures the face texture, and removing the shadow doesn't take too much away from realism.