• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

I put the costume department to work on some new materials for Ffionnas outfit. Taromasu approves.

="
Maybe now I can get back to work and finish my kitten fur preset; unless, of course, I succumb and render a widescreen version, which is really tempting..."
That would be cool. Very nice scene and it would be good for all of the wings to show.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
First thing even close to an artistic render in a long time. Here's a promo shot using creatures kitbashed and custom textured from my ongoing animation project.

That's nice. May all of my kit-bashes be half as good as what you did here! :D
(And I just LOVE the green colors, by the way...)

Hornet3d

Wise
First thing even close to an artistic render in a long time. Here's a promo shot using creatures kitbashed and custom textured from my ongoing animation project.

I love the vivid colours as well, a really great render. I love to kit bash but I am not in this league, I can relate to you hardware problems though as mine can decide to shut down with no warning. Tried a number of tests but nothing fails and funds are too tight to replace it or throw money at it replacing parts that may or may not be the cure.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Inspired by a beautifully shot Russian film I saw a while ago about a princess who fell in love with a man who would turn into a dragon. While "gypsy" isn't exactly "Russian," it was the closest I had, and I'm quite pleased with the way it turned out.

That's just beautiful. And you know, there really isn't much in the way of Russian clothing out there. Might be fun to make some (if I didn't have a ton of other things to do). Of course the designs are such a big part of that style, that I might need to find help texturing such a thing. Of course, like I said, way to many projects already in progress now. . .

But anyway, I just wanted to say how impressed I was with this render. Yes it's beautiful, but it's also one of those renders I look at from a technical point of view, and you did an amazing job with the draping/posing of the fabric and the beads as well as lighting textures etc. Just wonderful.

D

Deleted member 325

Thank you all. I only wish I were better at morphing/modelling/rigging to give these guys some sci-fi bio-armor (that's how I envisioned them). I have a chest piece I may be able to morph enough, but nothing in my collection I find suitable for the spider parts.

D

Deleted member 325

I never found a good morphable landscape for Poser so I tend to use Vue if I really want a good landscape. In Poser I tend to use an good ground cover either in addition to the base product or one included with it. The last render for instance uses Oberon Station from Petipet and the ground plane is part the product. You are right with the backdrop idea, in this case the backdrop is part of one of didi_mc images which are stunning as stand alone images but make great backgrounds. The sense of distance comes from the artistic skills of didi_mc all I have done is played with the colour balance in an attempt to make it blend with the foreground.
I tend to use Terradome (the orriginal) a lot with added pieces made up of the old Microcosm flats. I found those work wonders. My one regret is I can never get magnets to work with either Terradome 1 or 2.

Hornet3d

Wise
I tend to use Terradome (the orriginal) a lot with added pieces made up of the old Microcosm flats. I found those work wonders. My one regret is I can never get magnets to work with either Terradome 1 or 2.

Yes the Terradome products look good but at the time I was looking for morphable landscapes they were not around so I splashed out for Vue Studio as it was on sale. Good as Terradome is I had no real need for it once I had Vue.

I am not sure if I have posted this before but here is an example of what I use Vue for. The big advantage for me is not having the play with the materials as Poser can handle it's own within Vue.

file_2595236.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
that's some nifty landscaping there, but i'm not sure my wallet would like it.

Vue is certainly expensive, even the base versions, as they are limited without the additions. Terradome is certainly the cheaper answer and works well within Poser, particularly considering it was never designed as a landscape generator. I had a basic version of Vue 8 but it was slow and unstable so I gave up on it then I came across a discussion on another forum that discussed Vue and how much it had improved by 2014. It renewed my interest and at that time they were having a sale, I can't remember the exact discount but it was over 50%, not sure if it was luck or fate but it was at a time when I had a little spare cash, a very rare occurrence.

scatha

Adventurous
Like most people I tend to be my own worst critic.... I'm not sure if I'll be much good as a content creator. I love retexturing stuff though, mix and match colors and I've been told I am good at it. (by my art teachers in college)
This is what I did to the Genesis Woodranger Armor from Xurge.