• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Rialein is learning to ride. Babe is such a good animal!

Hornet3d

Wise
Rialein is such a sweetheart I decided to put her in the role of 'The Seeker'. She was broken hearted that she didn't get the Faery part, but this will be much better for her. She's making friends with Babe already. They'll be working together in a lot of scenes.

Babe Character: HiveWire Quarter Quarter Horse
Rialein Character by Studio Martillo
Crescent Moon Top by AerySoul
Cresent Moon Pants by AerySoul
Wild Butterfly Sandals by FK Design
KiriTe Hair by FK Design
Spruce Trees by Design Fera

I love the natural feel to the render and the human aspect you add to the renders.

Hornet3d

Wise
I have a feeling that we both have a lot of the same models! Don't you just love space!? Well done.

I love working with space and the sci-fi related stuff but there are so few good quality products available particularly if, like me, you are restricted to Poser. You could be right in that we both have the same models, I tend to pick up a good space related product as soon as it comes available even if I do not have an immediate use. I know I will use it somewhere down the road very little space content has remained unused in my runtime, the same could not be said for my V4 content.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Boy you must have some collection of environmental scenes to always come up with such well composed renders.

I love the natural feel to the render and the human aspect you add to the renders.
Thanks Hornet3d. Just goes to show I believe in my own fantasies.
So many different aspects all interacting make this a great render that you can study for a while.
How nice. The render I posted with the most interaction is the last one in 'How to Start a Band in Faeryland' which is in another thread. Where all the band is jamming together, there are interactions going on between the characters that reflect many years of playing music. Also, there are only two lights in that scene. Indirect lighting is working real well because of the pod shape of the room. Rounded walls and a dome ceiling. One point light is placed in the center at the top of the walls. One light at the camera.
So I studied some of your renders and it seems like there is some kind of morphable landscape, combined with a very good matching backdrop. But it's so hard to tell. It all works so nicely together. That motivated me to do some fixes on the environment prop that's been used in the most recent renders I've posted in this thread. I'll put a new render in next.

Hornet3d

Wise
Thanks Hornet3d. Just goes to show I believe in my own fantasies.

So I studied some of your renders and it seems like there is some kind of morphable landscape, combined with a very good matching backdrop. But it's so hard to tell. It all works so nicely together. That motivated me to do some fixes on the environment prop that's been used in the most recent renders I've posted in this thread. I'll put a new render in next.

I never found a good morphable landscape for Poser so I tend to use Vue if I really want a good landscape. In Poser I tend to use an good ground cover either in addition to the base product or one included with it. The last render for instance uses Oberon Station from Petipet and the ground plane is part the product. You are right with the backdrop idea, in this case the backdrop is part of one of didi_mc images which are stunning as stand alone images but make great backgrounds. The sense of distance comes from the artistic skills of didi_mc all I have done is played with the colour balance in an attempt to make it blend with the foreground.

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
Even if everything around you dissolves into fire and ash, you can dance in a palace of clouds and sky where no one has ever danced before, when you're

Dancing with a Dragon
View media item 2773

Inspired by a beautifully shot Russian film I saw a while ago about a princess who fell in love with a man who would turn into a dragon. While "gypsy" isn't exactly "Russian," it was the closest I had, and I'm quite pleased with the way it turned out.

No Postwork.

Maybe now I can get back to work and finish my kitten fur preset; unless, of course, I succumb and render a widescreen version, which is really tempting...

Hornet3d

Wise
Even if everything around you dissolves into fire and ash, you can dance in a palace of clouds and sky where no one has ever danced before, when you're

Dancing with a Dragon
View media item 2773

Inspired by a beautifully shot Russian film I saw a while ago about a princess who fell in love with a man who would turn into a dragon. While "gypsy" isn't exactly "Russian," it was the closest I had, and I'm quite pleased with the way it turned out.

No Postwork.

Maybe now I can get back to work and finish my kitten fur preset; unless, of course, I succumb and render a widescreen version, which is really tempting...

Absolutely beautiful it has a nice flow to it but the passion of the dance shines through.