• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I am still figuring it out. Some of it is fairly simple, but the math nodes and the P... and let's not even get started on cycles...

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Rendered in Carrara

Parking

Witch Parking.png

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I finally managed a render! And, even more, I finally managed to get something out of a G8 that I was happy with. I've not had good luck with the G8's until this... I loaded G8M in order to make poses and then, well... THIS happened.

3delight render; Photoshop used to turn it black and white, add frame, and signature.

It's not Halloween or Autumn related, but at this point with how hard it is for me to work, I'll take anything I can get! And I'm actually happy with this one.

Gregory Burnleaf.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm liking it Seliah, especially the facial hair, and his receding hairline. Very realistic.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I guess it pays to register your software. I got an email from Autodesk (3DS Max creators) about an update. When I went on the site, I found out I can download and reinstall the program. It's GINORMOUS at 8GB, but it will be worth it. I like how it doesn't try to download the entire thing at once. It downloads and installs it in chunks. It's a good day for me!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ahhhh, I grabbed an educational version of Maya a few years ago, and had to download the latest version because it's only good for 3 years at a time.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I guess it pays to register your software. I got an email from Autodesk (3DS Max creators) about an update. When I went on the site, I found out I can download and reinstall the program. It's GINORMOUS at 8GB, but it will be worth it. I like how it doesn't try to download the entire thing at once. It downloads and installs it in chunks. It's a good day for me!

Ah, what a relief that must be for you!

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Ahhhh, I grabbed an educational version of Maya a few years ago, and had to download the latest version because it's only good for 3 years at a time.
Mine is the full version. Remember, a friend gave the software to me awhile back. It was 3DS Max 2016. I am downloading 2019 now. I don't know what changes were made, but I guess I will find out. I had just started learning how to use most of it before I lost it when my old laptop died. I still have a 30 video tutorial collection. I wonder how much of it still applies?

Miss B

CV-BEE
My educational version of Maya is a full version, you just can't use it for commercial work, but there are no functions that have been shut down. This isn't a problem for me, as I've always been curious about the "top of the heap" of 3D apps, so this is just a fun way to find out. I've got several classes at Udemy I'm working through, and it has been fun, especially since the license is for 3 years, which is something I've not heard of before, and you really can't learn much about software like Maya, or 3DS Max, in 30 days, so I never considered downloading a "trial" version.

My main Modeling app is Blender, and I do have Silo, but I'm just enjoying discovering how to use Maya.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
My educational version of Maya is a full version, you just can't use it for commercial work, but there are no functions that have been shut down. This isn't a problem for me, as I've always been curious about the "top of the heap" of 3D apps, so this is just a fun way to find out. I've got several classes at Udemy I'm working through, and it has been fun, especially since the license is for 3 years, which is something I've not heard of before, and you really can't learn much about software like Maya, or 3DS Max, in 30 days, so I never considered downloading a "trial" version.

My main Modeling app is Blender, and I do have Silo, but I'm just enjoying discovering how to use Maya.
I wanted to get a higher end app too. I can barely do anything in Blender, but I have been using Wings since 2011. I wanted to be able to do the point to point and splines and everything I see in those tutorials for Maya and 3DS Max. Max is more for doing animation, but it has a lot of really good modeling tools. I had only started using it when I lost it. I am so happy to have it back. But I should have just downloaded the 2016 version since I was already used to it. There are significant changes to the UI I have to wrap my head around again.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Blender does all that too. I'm also taking a Blender course at Udemy because I haven't done any sculpting in it before, and I once tried spin modeling years ago with a trial version of Rhino 3D, and I liked it, so want to be able to do that in Blender too.

Oh, and the Blender UI is getting changes with the next version too. Supposedly going to be easier for those who don't like working with Blender's UI, annnnnnnd, a new PBR render engine. ;)

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I heard about the new engine. I am following a couple of Blender gurus on YouTube, and I am waiting with baited breath for the new Blender to come out. If the UI is all they promised, my Powerpuff Girls movie will be off and running...

Miss B

CV-BEE
Kewl. ;)

I'm just hoping one of the options, Default, will be the UI as it is now, as that's what I'm used to.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
That would be good for those with loads of experience with it. But for me... I can only do a handful of things with Blender. I can use the shrink wrap, I can use decimate, I know a little about UV mapping. I don't know much else.

If I can get my head around all of the stuff Blender has in it... wow.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm not sure about screenshots, but there are numerous videos out. Here's two links I found that might help give you an idea of what's changed.

How the new interface matures

UI & Viewport Updates

I know I'm going to be keeping my 2.79 active for a while, because I'm used to the old interface, so I'm going to see if I'm going to like the new interface of 2.8. What I'm really interested in is the new PBR realtime render engine, EEVEE.

BTW, they have nightly builds of the new version 2.8 if you're interested in playing with it. I don't do nightly builds, so haven't played with it yet.