• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Glad you find it interesting, and if you ever decide to give Blender a try, I have a long, and ever growing, list of forums, help and tutorials for Blender in the HW Blender forum. ;)

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I will wait for a stable release. Those videos looked promising. But we will see. My biggest headache with Blender is the seemingly thousands of hot keys that I could never seem to be able to use, and therefore could never model anything in Blender.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I guess I'm used to most of them because I've been plugging away at Blender for many years. No matter what app I'm using, be it 2D or 3D graphics, a word processor, or a spreadsheet, any time I have to take my hands of the keyboard, I'm wasting time. ;)

I guess that's because I got started on a DOS computer, and never used a mouse or Wacom pen/tablet.

Rokket

Dances with Bees

This is CG Geek, and he's probably the best for me at Blender tutorials. Here he is discussing a render engine and how good it is. It's under development by some of the same people who did Pixar's render engine.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thanks Rokket. I don't think I have his site in my Blender links, so will definitely check them out and add him.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Saturn Girl.jpg

Since this is an image thread.... Saturn Girl, AKA Miki 4 with Alyson's hair...

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I need to get a new mouse. This cheap one I bought isn't sensitive enough. I keep clicking on the wrong buttons because I think I am on the one I want, but it turns out it's not. I don't know how to explain it, but it's getting me upset.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Where did that suit for your alien come from? I have been trying to decide if I am going to clothe these guys or not. I am using them for my Powerpuff story.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I'm not sure where I should put this, so it it's inappropriate, please delete my post.
I discovered a program in Windows 10 that makes videos. I tested it out, and while it's pretty basic and lacking, it does do some pretty cool stuff.

I made this for my family after my mother's passing. I just got around to posting it today. It brought a tear or two.

D

Deleted member 325

Where did that suit for your alien come from? I have been trying to decide if I am going to clothe these guys or not. I am using them for my Powerpuff story.
It was modified up from the Abductor Suit by hiding pieces, adding some props pieces from other sets, and re-texturing using Parrot Dolphin's Sci-Fi materials (specifically the diamond materials). I have a large collection of Grey Alien items from the 1.0, 1.5, and 2.0 line from both CP and when Sixus 1 had their own store site. There are still some outfits out there on CP, and there was a free plugin for CrossDresser for the Grey if you have Crossdresser, which open up a lot of possibilities for clothing them.https://www.contentparadise.com/ProductDetails?id=436
The Abductor Suit, along with the Armor, and the Corporate Raider come with the Grey Bundle at CP. Or they can be bought separately. Just keep in mind, these are for the classic Sixus1 Grey, not the newer weight-mapped release. They may work on the newer one, but I have not tried it.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Following up on a minor thread; after Kat and Snape left to see what they could do about the situation at Bayou, the Knight Boat picked up another dodgy passenger. This one an older fellow, very scruffy, with an extremely heavy suitcase and a cat.

He doesn't give his name. Doesn't say where in America he's going, and when Seabiscuit tells him about the training and relocation services which some of the immigration offices offer to newcomers, gets very huffy when Biscuit mentions that they even have programs for retraining designed for Squibs.

Cosmo, the ship's Kneazle is convinced that he's in love.
14-Cats.jpg

Rokket

Dances with Bees
It was modified up from the Abductor Suit by hiding pieces, adding some props pieces from other sets, and re-texturing using Parrot Dolphin's Sci-Fi materials (specifically the diamond materials). I have a large collection of Grey Alien items from the 1.0, 1.5, and 2.0 line from both CP and when Sixus 1 had their own store site. There are still some outfits out there on CP, and there was a free plugin for CrossDresser for the Grey if you have Crossdresser, which open up a lot of possibilities for clothing them.
The Abductor Suit, along with the Armor, and the Corporate Raider come with the Grey Bundle at CP. Or they can be bought separately. Just keep in mind, these are for the classic Sixus1 Grey, not the newer weight-mapped release. They may work on the newer one, but I have not tried it.
Thanks for the information. I was planning on using the new guys. I will go look at what is available. I don't know if I will buy anything, but I am looking for ideas on how to dress them.

ockham

Here's a neat gimmick. A terrain with a Seasons dial. 1=spring, 2=summer, 3=fall, 4=winter.

http://ockhamsbungalow.com/blog104/seasons.gif
http://ockhamsbungalow.com/blog104/seasons.gif
Not quite ready for release yet. It's a PP2 with an external OBJ for this particular terrain. You can substitute your own OBJ, and the PP2 will apply the same variable shaders. The only restriction is that the material in the OBJ (the 'usemtl' line) must be named 'terrain'.