• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Rokket

Dances with Bees
update.jpg

Done as far as I am concerned.
I am not rigging this. It's too much of a pain in the @$$ to do. At least for me. I can rig any other figure out there, just not V4. And I haven't figured out why...

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Golden Girl.jpg
Pauline as Golden Girl. This costume is fully rigged. Even the mask. I did this to prove to myself that it's only V4 that is giving me fits with rigging.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Golden Girl action.jpg

I'll be darned. The suit works with all of Pauline 2's morphs as well. I didn't have to tweak a thing beyond what I did to change her body with Pauline, which was to scale the waste and abdomen on the X axis. Click on this one. I added a really cool texture to the suit.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I was just going to ask you if your first render was with Pauline or Pauline 2. Now I know. ;)

The texture on the suit looks nice, though it would probably show up better in a lighter/different color, or maybe different lighting would show it off better. Nicely done on the set.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I was just going to ask you if your first render was with Pauline or Pauline 2. Now I know. ;)

The texture on the suit looks nice, though it would probably show up better in a lighter/different color, or maybe different lighting would show it off better. Nicely done on the set.
I am going to set up a different scene later today. Yeah, the first one was Pauline, the second one was Pauline 2 European. I'll post something a bit later. I just woke up and can't type yet. I have had to go back on almost every word. LOL!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Don't rush Rokket, and I have to go back on every word I type at least twice, sometimes three times, and that's all day, not just when I first wake up. ;)

Rokket

Dances with Bees
We Need To Talk.jpg

"We Have To Talk".
A clandestine meeting floating above a pool at a spa. I am not sure, maybe it's the lantern tattoo, but Jessi seems to be staring at Pauline's chest and not looking her in the eyes like I set it up. If you look close, you can see that she is looking at her face.
Lots of post work done on this. I had to render the figures separately, then render the spa. I composited it all in GIMP.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
@Rokket I think its more her head angle giving that impression, maybe if you lifted her chin just a tad? Over all that is one sweet render though

Rokket

Dances with Bees
@Rokket I think its more her head angle giving that impression, maybe if you lifted her chin just a tad? Over all that is one sweet render though
You know how some people look down and then lift their eyes up to convey anger? That's what I was trying to do. I didn't save the scene, so there is no going back. But I will be doing another one maybe tomorrow.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
You know how some people look down and then lift their eyes up to convey anger? That's what I was trying to do. I didn't save the scene, so there is no going back. But I will be doing another one maybe tomorrow.
yep I thought that might be what you were going for, it wouldn't have needed much with out losing the glowering look :)

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Green Lantern.jpg

I got tired of playing with her, so I am moving on. Just for edification, this is a total 2nd skin shader, except for her footwear. Those are socks from her Poser library. Click on it, it's got some pretty cool details.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Events start piling up at Bayou. The news of their Dementor infestation was not at all welcome at the Agency. A team of Ghoul Busters arrives at the picnic with orders to clear them out.

The Headmaster decides; "safety first" and begins evacuation of the students to the stadium in New Orleans to get them out of harm's way.

Upon arrival he is congratulated on having started evacuation early since they expect the stadium to become fairly crowded. It turns out that they are all in the path of Hurricane Georges.

Snape, Kat, Angie, and Mr Armstrong, are waiting for Angie's partner, Saunders, at the wall of the school property to stand guard there and hold the line as a last resort to protect the school, when Saunders shows up, grabs Snape and apparates away with him.

They land at a hut somewhere in the swamp, set up for a ritual of some sort. Snape wants no part of it, when Saunders begs him to help, claiming that he knows how to get rid of the Dementors.
13-Shack.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise

yep I thought that might be what you were going for, it wouldn't have needed much with out losing the glowering look :)

I used to have a school teacher that used to look over his glasses at me in exactly the same pose, on the occasions he did I knew I was in trouble.

I agree it is the head angle but the eyes are clearly looking at the face. I love the render and the glow effects give it real pun

Miss B

CV-BEE
I used to have a school teacher that used to look over his glasses at me in exactly the same pose, on the occasions he did I knew I was in trouble.
I once did that to one of my professors in college when he made some comment about folks who look over their glasses. He was sitting behind me while a student was making a presentation in our Public Speaking class, and I turned around and said "I beg your pardon", at which everyone in the class laughed their heads off. He wasn't being snide or obnoxious when he said it, so he chuckled too.

Of course, back then my glasses weren't half glasses, but they were small, so it was easy to look over them, and since I only wear glasses for reading, it was something I did (and still do), when not looking at my laptop, or when I'm looking at someone talking to me. It's just natural for me.