• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Rokket

Dances with Bees
andy glass.jpg

I posted this one at the SM forum in response to someone telling us we couldn't do this in Poser. This being a decent glass shader. This is a simple cycles set up, influenced heavily by Ghostship's shaders.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Always dangerous to tell someone something can't be done, more times than not they will be proved wrong...love the shader.
I pretty much just looked at how Ghostship did his shaders and kind of went with it. I think this one is more for water than glass, but it worked. What you need when you use a shader like this is something behind it, or he disappears into the background.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I like using his shaders as well, though I haven't experimented as much as you obviously have. A little too dark in color, but not bad at all.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhh, I didn't realize that's what you were after, so yes, for smoked glass that works.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
@Rae134 I just tried to import the Ute into Poser... imported ok.. but not sure how to redo the colours... like the chromes aren't chrome ect... but it did import and look ok so that's a plus :shineon::flower02:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I could prob find a metal shader for poser, I know I have them for DS (would look great with the DS metallic paint job tho I don't think they came in metallic, mine was a pale grey).

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Surfer and the babe.jpg

While I was playing around with the Andy and glass shader, I came up with this idea.
I took M4 and one of his basic poses, tweaked it to fit the scene, and then added the metal shader to his body.
For Miki 4 I just kit bashed one of my older costumes that I made for her. I re-UV mapped the suit, added the FF logo and a bump map to it. The boots were part of the same costume, a ninja assassin suit I did a few years ago. I simply redid the textures. I tried several different hair props before I settled on this one.
I had to model that surfboard. I made one several years ago, but it wasn't very good. I wanted this one to match his comic book board, and not that liquid metal thing they used in the movies.
The background is just EZDome.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Green Arrow.png

He looks upset that someone is coming down the road, interrupting his workout. Ryan 2 with some scars I put together and EZSkin to make him look sweaty. I modeled the tire, the recurve bow and arrow.
The goatee I showed before when he was in full costume. The hair is Hero Hair for V4.