• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

robert952

Brilliant
OMG! :)

Miss B :flower02:

It's the Cone of Silence ;)
That NEVER worked!
But your design and modeling works well.
Thanks for "TVLand" rewind.
(In case you need more of a hint: "Missed it by 'that' much!" (accompanied with Maxwell holding index finger and thumb a small distance apart as a measurement on the word 'that'.)

(Whoops, we must have hit the post key at same time.)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ahhh, I don't recall that episode. Then again, I don't think I watched Get Smart regularly, so probably missed it. :D

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
Love the cone of silence. 86 never gets old, I was quoting him a couple of days ago to Alisa, I hope she knows who Max is :)

Hornet3d

Wise
Some more wacky modelling & rendering fun in Carrara
Would You Believe!

I love it, I recognised it immediately as the cone of silence and although I could not remember the name of the TV show I could picture the scene in my head. Ain't it strange how memory works...or not as the case is often with me.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Loved Get Smart.. must of watched every episode 100 times... can't do it now but when I was younger at school I could go word for word nearly every episode when I watched it!... sad, I know lol

Can't have 86 without his Carrara modelled gun though...

Max38GunWire.png

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
A single Patronus will drive off a Dementor. It turns out that two strongly directed ones making a direct hit will kill one.
And then, as Snape and Katfish watched, it appeared that all of the souls that it had consumed are released.

Most were grey or black (these were the guards of Azkaban, after all) but some showed up in colors.
9-Souls.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
On the rare occasion I have time to sit down to read a book, not surprisingly considering my art, it is often sci-fi related. If not sci-fi then the chances are it will be something like the stories from the Railway Detective which are based in Victorian Britain just as the Railways were being built across the country. I think the love of such stories stems from my interest in railways and the stories of Charles Dickens which I read as a kid, they kindled an interest in Victorian life, and death, that has stayed with me over the years.

So where is this leading, well I am just trying to explain why, when I first saw Stonemason's 'The Streets Of Old London' I fell in love with it immediately. I was just adding it to the shopping cart when I noticed it was for DS and not Poser, which as a Poser user, was a bit of a downer for me. I have come back to it time and again wondering how it might work in Poser by just importing the .Obj files that are included but never took the plunge as it is pricey. Don't get me wrong I think it is great value but a high price for me to risk if it did not work. Well in the last day or so it has gone on sale so I finally took the plunge and here is my first render. There will be more but this is a WIP as all I have really manged to sort out so far are the selections I need to make to import the .Obj, size in particular was a real question of trial and error.

Old Londonb HW.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I was always fond of Stonemason's work, but he's gone DS only the past few years, so I don't get any of them any more.

You're lucky he included the OBJ, because I've found most PAs at DAZ who create for the latest versions of DS, don't include the OBJ, because it's no longer needed, otherwise I'd do what you did, and wait for a sale, and then use the OBJ. Of course that means manually installing the appropriate textures, but hey, I'm an old hand at that. ;)

Anyway, this is looking good so far. You'll need to work on the lighting some, as the girl is in so much darkness, you can hardly make out she's standing there. Otherwise, it looks like a nice set.

Hornet3d

Wise
Yes, I was always fond of Stonemason's work, but he's gone DS only the past few years, so I don't get any of them any more.

You're lucky he included the OBJ, because I've found most PAs at DAZ who create for the latest versions of DS, don't include the OBJ, because it's no longer needed, otherwise I'd do what you did, and wait for a sale, and then use the OBJ. Of course that means manually installing the appropriate textures, but hey, I'm an old hand at that. ;)

Anyway, this is looking good so far. You'll need to work on the lighting some, as the girl is in so much darkness, you can hardly make out she's standing there. Otherwise, it looks like a nice set.

Certainly needs work on the lighting as I go forward but this really was a proof of concept just to see if the streets would render. Like you I love Stonemason's work but as it is DS only I don't buy anymore but then there is little that I would regard of 'must have' rather than nice to have, the only exception was The Streets Of Old London. I wanted it as soon as I saw it but left it as it was DS but sometime last year I noticed that it included the OBJ files and was tempted but decide that it was too big a risk for me at full price. It was only in the last few days that it went on sale again so I decided to have take the chance. Happily it looks as though it wall pay off and while it will be a fair bit of work as there is so much it should be a one shot operation.

It is sad though that other vendors do not at least include the OBJs, I know some people hate having to jump through hoops to get content to work, I am normally one of them, but it does give another option to non DS user who really want something to work in their software.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Stonemason usually does include the .obj files in his packages. But, yeah, not many DS vendors produce work that's Poser-friendly. Or even Poser-possible.

Hell, I'm having trouble finding things among the new releases that even include 3DLight materials. Just about everything is Iray these days.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm sure I've said it before Stezza, but if I haven't . . . you have one weird sense of humor that shows through your renders. ;)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
The next day Severus gets an unexpected, and unwanted, surprise when he encounters a couple of his ex-Slytherins in the school hallway.

It turns out that there are four of them attending Bayou Academy. They fill him in on the situation back in Britain, with most Slytherins tarred with Tom Riddle's brush, even if they had nothing to do with pureblood supremacy. It is a nasty situation all round.
10ex-Slytherins.jpg

D

Deleted member 325

Updated my gallery with a new folder for all my Post-Atomic themed images and promos. They almost tell a story in the right order.
World of Ruin

Miss B

CV-BEE
Nicely done Kage. I remember seeing some of them, which you probably posted on the forum at one time or another.